Fanfiction Horrors -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Private Pyle

I am...in a world...of shit.
kiwifarms.net

Monika H.

Probelmatic fascist bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As a repost from Social Justice Warriors, here’s someone responding to the JK Rowling controversy...through the mouths of SU characters.
And writers wonder why fanfiction isn’t taken seriously.
Well, it sums perfectly the mindset of those people: appropriating and twisting things someone else created for their own exclusive benefit.

• Feels
Reactions: Private Pyle

Monika H.

Probelmatic fascist bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’m not saying this is something new to fanfic but this kind of stuff has become rampant in modern fanfiction. It’s like the people writing aren’t even fans.
Oh, they aren't fans in some cases.
They just like something about the original work and appropriate it, because they lack the talent.
Some fanfics have the preface "I never watched/read source material, but I like *extreme popular character*".
In some cases the author even admitted they hated the source material.

Medafag

My previous avatar was too lewd
kiwifarms.net
I guess there was a time where some fanfic writers at least tried to stay close to the source material, like they where trying to write a new episode of the show they liked, or continue the story of the last videogame they played, stuff like that, but in the last few years? it's like people try as hard as they can to twist everything about the source material in order to make it their own

Monolith

doot Doot Doot Doot DOOT Doot doot doo-Doot
kiwifarms.net
  • Islamic Content
Reactions: who dare wins?

fishercat

good for health, bad for education
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Private Pyle

I am...in a world...of shit.
kiwifarms.net
I guess there was a time where some fanfic writers at least tried to stay close to the source material, like they where trying to write a new episode of the show they liked, or continue the story of the last videogame they played, stuff like that, but in the last few years? it's like people try as hard as they can to twist everything about the source material in order to make it their own
The fanfic I posted even has a line proving how true this is.
“@mr_vought You’re correct, of course, fanfiction isn’t a real genre of writing. People need to come up with their own stories, otherwise they just lack imagination.”

Basically someone called his fanfiction not real writing and rather than handle it like an adult, put this statement in a fanfic so someone else’s characters can disagree with it. It seems like the worst parts of fanfic writing haven’t changed while the good things have been completely forgotten.

• Agree
Reactions: THOTHunterAlice

Yukari Yakumo

Just your average gap whore
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's okay, you can say TrueLoveHeart94

• Winner
Reactions: Badonkadonk Trash

Yukari Yakumo

Just your average gap whore
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

who dare wins?

doee Geneva convention apply to weebs an furfags?
kiwifarms.net
I remember reading some shitty zootopia fanfics back in the day. THere was even a guy who read a BDSM zootopia fanfic for youtube and another YouTuber reading on every while adding in moaning sound effects. Also there's a pro abortion zootopia comic fanfic out there that's easy to find

I legitimately think death squads need to be added back.

• Thunk-Provoking

fishercat

good for health, bad for education
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember reading some shitty zootopia fanfics back in the day. THere was even a guy who read a BDSM zootopia fanfic for youtube and another YouTuber reading on every while adding in moaning sound effects. Also there's a pro abortion zootopia comic fanfic out there that's easy to find

I legitimately think death squads need to be added back.
Apparently that abortion Zootopia comic has a sequel where Judy has a girlfriend. I dunno if it's still ongoing though.

• Horrifying
Tags
None