Fanfiction tropes you hate -

• The site was compromised. (Initial announcement) (What to do)
    Okay, now attachments should be working and the site should be very fast. If not, report it.

neighborhood_coon

Oh hi Mark
kiwifarms.net
If there's a thread like this already, feel free to let me know.

Anyways, It's pretty self explanatory.

Personally, I really dislike mpreg/omegaverse AU. Something about them just seems kinda strange or off-putting to me, and I've never really been able to explain why. Like, if you wanted one member of your ship to get knocked up, why not just do a genderbend? But I guess that doing so would probably get in the way of the 'yaoi feels'.

Edit: Not sure how this is a powerlevel. Does someone care to explain?

Last edited:

PsychoNerd054

Green people are so sexy!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I always hated those yoai fanfictions where some character has to hide the fact that they're gay from their lover and then afterwards they have smelly butt sex. Trust me, this kind of story has been done way more times than you think.

I also hate when the naive fucks that write fanfics treat rape like it's some sort of introductory sexual intercourse, which somehow suddenly gets them to enjoy sex even more.

PsychoNerd054

Green people are so sexy!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Butthurt fanfics attempting to "fix" the show because autists got angry the show went in a direction they didn't like. Although sometimes these are hilarious if they're staggeringly bad.
Honestly, it's a bad enough people obsess over cartoons, but to change the canon of a show just because they can't accept the fact that life sucks and that not everyone is treated fairly is 20 times more pathetic.

The fact that fanfic writers suck at writing.

Maybe that's not a trope, plus Sturgeon's Law and all that jazz, but still. There's so much cool stuff that COULD be done with fanfiction, but it never is. I guess because people who can actually write don't do it for free.

Okay, for a real one? Random AUs that have nothing to do with anything. Like taking all the characters from Star Trek and putting them in the modern mafia, or something like that. Especially if they're also grossly out of character, at which point it's just a crappy original story stealing names and nothing else from something much better.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino