Fanmade Pokémon Designs (Fakemon) - Tracers, garbage designers, and of course, furries

Kiryu DIO

Be retarded, do drugs and shit, praise DIO
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, Pokémon Reboot finished generation 2. All 100 of them. Here are some highlights. Some were excluded due to already being featured in this thread, like the starters and Furret.

View attachment 2221696
View attachment 2221695
View attachment 2221694
Tyranitar actually isn't too far off from its original look, apart from the eye. It could genuinely work as a gigantamax form of sorts, even if the Godzilla reference is a bit on the nose. As for Lugia and Ho-Oh, on the other hand... Yeah, I don't get it. Lugia was made more bird-like and Ho-Oh's a humanoid now. Is it supposed to be a kimono?
The legendary beasts aren't too awful, though Raikou looks like electric-type Entei now, with the face and clouds spouting from it's back. Blissey's awkward fridge-shaped body makes it look like a Audino wrapped inside of something.
View attachment 2221709
Something about the way Wooper looks here makes it look like the beta Wooper that was leaked.
View attachment 2221708
Out of all of them, I think Sunkern looks the most like an old Pokémon made to look more modern.
View attachment 2221719
Out of all of the reboot's Eeveelution redesigns, Umbreon looks the best by far in terms of proportions. Espeon looks too thin and noodle-limbed for my liking. I kind of like their take on Murkrow, even if it's supposed to be a witch hat and not a wizard's.
View attachment 2221720
Octillery doesn't immediately register as a octopus here, I almost thought it was some sort of shark at first glance. Delibird looks more elf-like even though it's supposed to be Santa Claus. I get their intent was to make it a Christmas Elf but the body is still red.
View attachment 2221693
Seems they forgot the "top" in Hitmontop, because all I'm seeing is a capoeira fighter and not a spinning top that just so happens to be a capoerista. What does it use to spin on its head, the big nose? That might explain the long neck.
Okay, I'll give them this: The clothing is more accurate to what capoeristas tend to wear compared to Hitmontop's leotard and the goofy sphere hands are gone. But if we're going to discuss accuracy, then it may not apply here because Hitmonchan wears a dress rather than boxing shorts, and Hitmonlee doesn't appear to be wearing anything.
View attachment 2221721
If you thought the Godzilla reference was silly, here's Iron Man Scizor. Cool, but Game Freak is a Japanese company, I doubt Marvel is as popular in Japan as it is in America. I get that some Pokémon are inspired by pop culture but Pokémon ever referencing something like Marvel or DC seems a bit out there.
I honestly thought the Scizor redesign was a reference to Ultraman.

Mao Hao Hao

Snow Nyaaaa...
kiwifarms.net
So, Pokémon Reboot finished generation 2. All 100 of them. Here are some highlights. Some were excluded due to already being featured in this thread, like the starters and Furret.

View attachment 2221709
Something about the way Wooper looks here makes it look like the beta Wooper that was leaked.
View attachment 2221719
They have ruined 3 of my favourite pokemon from that gen, Wooper is okay I guess (I agree they were very much likely influenced by the leaked Beta Wooper), but the lack of tail makes it look off. The quagsire is terrible, far too catfish-like and just lacks the great simplicity of the original design. Murkrow is my favourite bird pokemon (along with Honchkrow) due to it and its evolution looking like mafia members. Making it a witch/wizard just evokes the likes of Fennekin a bit too much, especially with the stick wand. Plus, Murkrows have never been alluded to magic/witchcraft, more towards thievery and shiny trinkets (hence the mafia design).
I feel like a lot of these designs were more aimed towards 'this idea would look cool/funky' but forgetting the actual pokedex info for each pokemon and why they looked the way they did originally.

Lapis Lazuli

Homosexual Extraterrestrial Mineral Woman
kiwifarms.net
I feel like a lot of these designs were more aimed towards 'this idea would look cool/funky' but forgetting the actual pokedex info for each pokemon and why they looked the way they did originally.
This was especially apparent for Ho-Oh and Hitmontop, which I already addressed for the fact they didn't even leave in the top motif. But for Ho-Oh, why did they decide to make it humanoid but kept Lugia animalistic? Sure, they adjusted it to be a bird, but Lugia wasn't given any human-like traits.

Solgaleo and Lunalala can be considered odd due to how widely different their animal counterparts are, but they were made by a skilled designer who knew what they were doing. But with this, it's a humanoid phoenix and a water bird that clashes. We can only wonder what they'll do to generation 3's roster.

Nauseated Courgi

Bulldogs are cool dogs, guys!
kiwifarms.net
iron man.png

Scizor? More like Blaztor amiright?

Sangria

No rest for the wicked from the Christmas machine
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2221696
View attachment 2221695
View attachment 2221694
Tyranitar actually isn't too far off from its original look, apart from the eye. It could genuinely work as a gigantamax form of sorts, even if the Godzilla reference is a bit on the nose. As for Lugia and Ho-Oh, on the other hand... Yeah, I don't get it. Lugia was made more bird-like and Ho-Oh's a humanoid now. Is it supposed to be a kimono?
The legendary beasts aren't too awful, though Raikou looks like electric-type Entei now, with the face and clouds spouting from it's back. Blissey's awkward fridge-shaped body makes it look like a Audino wrapped inside of something.
View attachment 2221709
View attachment 2221708
Out of all of them, I think Sunkern looks the most like an old Pokémon made to look more modern.
View attachment 2221719
Out of all of the reboot's Eeveelution redesigns, Umbreon looks the best by far in terms of proportions. Espeon looks too thin and noodle-limbed for my liking. I kind of like their take on Murkrow, even if it's supposed to be a witch hat and not a wizard's.
View attachment 2221720
Octillery doesn't immediately register as a octopus here, I almost thought it was some sort of shark at first glance. Delibird looks more elf-like even though it's supposed to be Santa Claus. I get their intent was to make it a Christmas Elf but the body is still red.
View attachment 2221693
Seems they forgot the "top" in Hitmontop, because all I'm seeing is a capoeira fighter and not a spinning top that just so happens to be a capoerista. What does it use to spin on its head, the big nose? That might explain the long neck.
Okay, I'll give them this: The clothing is more accurate to what capoeristas tend to wear compared to Hitmontop's leotard and the goofy sphere hands are gone. But if we're going to discuss accuracy, then it may not apply here because Hitmonchan wears a dress rather than boxing shorts, and Hitmonlee doesn't appear to be wearing anything.
View attachment 2221721
If you thought the Godzilla reference was silly, here's Iron Man Scizor. Cool, but Game Freak is a Japanese company, I doubt Marvel is as popular in Japan as it is in America. I get that some Pokémon are inspired by pop culture but Pokémon ever referencing something like Marvel or DC seems a bit out there.
Honestly I feel like the Mantine redesign could work as a mega evolution. I'd probably make the tail less furry, cause while I can see why they added it (to mimic a rocket trail), it still looks somewhat out of place. Besides that, not a bad design.

That being said, the majority of the redesigns are hot garbage. Why the fuck is Scizor an iron man ripoff? Just because it was red? It's a physical attacker that uses its scissor-like pinsirs; it's in the name for God's sake! And look at how they massacred my boy Quagsire!

Kiryu DIO

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly I feel like the Mantine redesign could work as a mega evolution. I'd probably make the tail less furry, cause while I can see why they added it (to mimic a rocket trail), it still looks somewhat out of place. Besides that, not a bad design.

That being said, the majority of the redesigns are hot garbage. Why the fuck is Scizor an iron man ripoff? Just because it was red? It's a physical attacker that uses its scissor-like pinsirs; it's in the name for God's sake! And look at how they massacred my boy Quagsire!
Quagsire's redesign is a hate crime.

The Ultimate Ramotith

Proceed
kiwifarms.net
This post shall mix the fakemon theme of this thread wi the drama of these forums.

Around the time the fir starters of Galar were vealed (but no more, I should emphasise), Totally Not Mark made a Twitter poll on which generation had the best designs.
The results were in this video:
In summary: 'the poll pretty much said tha the best designs were up to Generation 4. I say that is because the monsters from Generation 1 tended to be tougher and more monstrous while being made through the process of adding imagination to rea life. However, later generations, in appealing to younguer generations, decided to make thing softer, rounder, and toy-based. My redesign of Scorbunny is more loyal to the design sensibilities of the original.'
Pokémon - The Devolving Designs (ft. Tom O'Regan)-hDc_rJJEG40.mp4_snapshot_11.19_[2021.06.05_1...png

A couple of people found issue wi the way Totally Not Mark did the poll and the video:
In summary: 'every generation had both tough monsters and sof toys. Totally Not Mark also confused design and art style. His poll was also biased: Totally Not Mark based his commentary on ly Generation 1 when the poll, which paired up generations, showed that people favoured multiple generations. He also jumped to conclusions because Generation 8, a the time, only revealed 3 Pokémon.'

Thankfully, Totally Not Mark is a good sport:
2021-06-05 18.17.55 www.youtube.com 9731ec654e58.jpg

2021-06-05 18.18.24 www.youtube.com 1aa4ae9e612d.jpg

(Disclaimer: I am reuploading smaller but lower-quality versions of the videos that would not overwhelm the post. I backed up the highest-quality versions, though.)

Last edited:

Your Joke Was Hilarious

kiwifarms.net
Have you guys talked about Pokémon cardinal yet its a 20 episodes YouTube series with a ost made by hoopsandhiphop. I like most fakemon so I don't have anything bad to say about them. There's also another one called Pokémon blazing bloom and fridge fall or something like that. It is actually being turned into a game as we speak the creator is lockstin and gnoggin he has made a plot video about the game.

Kiryu DIO

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Have you guys talked about Pokémon cardinal yet its a 20 episodes YouTube series with a ost made by hoopsandhiphop. I like most fakemon so I don't have anything bad to say about them. There's also another one called Pokémon blazing bloom and fridge fall or something like that. It is actually being turned into a game as we speak the creator is lockstin and gnoggin he has made a plot video about the game.
>Joined 33 minutes ago
I don't know why, but that sounds so suspicious...