Far Cry 5 Has Us Confused (And Uncomfortable) - Woke journalists struggle with internal consistency.

• ATTENTION: The National Security Administration has made a press release regarding a Windows 10 remote execution exploit that any website can take advantage of. It is one of the worst exploits that has ever been found. Update Windows immediately.

NSA Press Release, "Am I vulnerable?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Jackson

clamorous criminal
kiwifarms.net
There was another thread on Far Cry 5, but for the first time since transitioning to white privilege, I can't just take over a "space." Consequently, a new thread with a new video:

0:27 - "And we were reminded when filming helicopters that they really do blow a lot of stuff in your face when you're looking at them."

Starting off strong with some insightful commentary.

1:37 - Piloting a helicopter.

One of those hold-a-button-for-a-second-and-watch-it-fill-up-so-you-don't-accidentally-press-it tooltips is visible on-screen with the label "Exit Vehicle." Journalist presses and holds it, jumping out of the helicopter. The whimpering confusion as he plummets to his death is spot-on. Bonus: another button prompt for "Parachute" also appears, and the corresponding button is briefly pressed, but then immediately released before the parachute can be used.

3:29 - "You know, they're going for, like, this American setting. They seem to be, maybe, pushin'... a couple of buttons."

It begins! I actually wonder if -- for a brief second -- these dudes struggled with the concept of cultural appropriation since the game was made by a bunch of thieving Quebecois.

3:55 - "...said Obama lovin' libtard... Just watching that guy I DON'T UNDERSTAND the tone they're going for with him. 'cause I'm like, OK, he's not a villain, he's not, like, but he's, he's a quest giver, so is he kinda just meant to be an asshole? Am I supposed to like him?"

Isn't it absolutely crystal clear what tone they're going for with the character? Also, you can tell the guy's starting to get exasperated with these different PoV elements being forced into his head. He might've consented to playing a game that revolved around some sort of a conservative militia/cult, but in retrospect, it was probably mind-rape.

4:25 - "Even though the game is set in America, and it's... you know, gonna be viewed through that lens of the... current... political... climate..."

I wonder how much self control it's taking this guy not to bleat out "right side of history!"

4:32 - "They're also trying to say that it's its own standalone thing. It's not... related to current politics, which again, is weird, because you have scenes like, uh, scenes with Hurk's dad who's talking about Obama lovin' libtards."

So they ARE saying it's related to current politics? You give an example of it in the same sentence, so you really shouldn't be grinning smugly as if you had just check-mated someone.

4:48 - "The game also has a, uh, character creator, and, uh, I decided to make my character black."

I think that makes you guilty of digital blackface.

4:53 - "And actually hearing him talk about this, like, sort of, deeply conservative, and, like, you know, gun-toting attitudes made me really uncomfortable."

Yeah, and it also made your apparent racism peek out a little.

6:08 - "Because Wolfenstein 2, like I mentioned, they lean into it in a... in a good way! Far Cry 5, I feel like if you're not gonna go into it, it's just gonna be this weird brick wall."

These alt-right Nazi looking fellas aren't Nazi enough. Unacceptable!

farcry5.jpg

Huh, 2.9 million subscribers, but only 28k views, and twice as many dislikes as likes? Sounds about right.

The Shadow

Animeanda Jones.
kiwifarms.net
It's a video game. And a Far Cry game at that. Laugh it off and move on, you Obama-loving libtard.

Depiction doesn't necessarily equal endorsement, and it's possible for even sympathetic characters to have views you don't agree with. Why are media critics such children? Anyone that mentions "muh political climate" in a piece on a Far Cry game deserves every truckload of scorn that's heaped on them.

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
...the struggle is real folks...
One hand, I want to get this game because of the copious amount of salt this is generating, and tbh, I did enjoy FC3... and some of FC4 (althought the collect-a-thon got really obnoxious with that one).
On the other hand, it's Ubisoft, and in my book they're only a shade or two better than EA.

linchan

kiwifarms.net
Is this a Wolfenstein New Order vs New Colossus situation where the Dev team's portrayal of the bad guys was really good and effective in the games in foreign unfamiliar setting, but translated to America, the antagonists are cartoonish and not threatening at all? Mainly because the dev teams aren't familiar with America.

I remember seeing New Order gameplay and was genuinely compelled by the cutscenes in the concentration camps, meanwhile in the second game, there were way more cringy scenes for me.

Dysnomia

Danzai!
kiwifarms.net
Digital Blackface!:lol:

I actually wonder if that's ever been a thing. I'm surprised there hasn't been any REEEEing about white people playing as created characters who are black.

It's a video game. And a Far Cry game at that. Laugh it off and move on, you Obama-loving libtard.

Depiction doesn't necessarily equal endorsement, and it's possible for even sympathetic characters to have views you don't agree with. Why are media critics such children? Anyone that mentions "muh political climate" in a piece on a Far Cry game deserves every truckload of scorn that's heaped on them.
They just want everyone in the game to be an echo chamber of what they already believe. Which is sad because diversity isn't just about race and gender. You need some rounding out in personality and viewpoints as well. But now overly sensitive people like to screech about characters they don't like as if it's some major blow to their everyday lives. Learn to enjoy character diversity that isn't only about how female and POC you can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino