Far Cry 6 confirmed - Giancarlo Esposito is the villian.

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing.

Miller

kiwifarms.net
46838d9e3.jpg

According to the leaks, the map is supposed to be huge. I don't know if it's a good thing because Ubisoft has yet to make a huge open world that doesn't feel empty or a chore to explore (GR Wildlands, AC Odyssey).
There's 2-player co-op, but I wish they would make another 4-player comfy side story like in FC3.

OJ Simpson

Hey Kiwi World, It's Yours Truly.
kiwifarms.net
According to the leaks, the map is supposed to be huge. I don't know if it's a good thing because Ubisoft has yet to make a huge open world that doesn't feel empty or a chore to explore (GR Wildlands, AC Odyssey).

Maybe I'm a little late in this observation, but I'm starting to realize more and more that "huge map" as a selling point doesn't hold much weight for me personally anymore. Who cares how big it is if it's just holding down the sprint key for longer periods of time and running over more hills. I guess it just depends on settings/shit to do more than how much land there is, because there are games with big worlds that are somewhat barren that are still interesting enough to keep your attention (Skyrim springs to mind). I imagine this Far Cry setting is going to be along the lines of Just Cause, but way more boring with less to do.

Dom Cruise

Happy summer, everybody!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
wasnt that the first game?

Not really, while I'm not sure what ocean the game was set in it was just a series of islands inhabited by mercenaries, not a Cuba esque country.

And I know for a fact Far Cry 3 was set in the Pacific and that was the last time until now that the series used a tropical islands setting, setting a Far Cry in the Caribbean seemed like an obvious thing to do so it wasn't too hard to guess.

Shitpiss Babylord

kiwifarms.net
Is anyone else bugged that they're not only using actors voices these days, but their likenesses too?
One of the strengths of the medium is that you can make characters look however you want them to. Seeing people I recognise pointlessly breaks my immersion, unless the actor is literally playing themselves like in the Saints Row games.
It always gives the impression whoever is in charge of those decisions really wishes they worked in TV/Hollywood.

jje100010001

kiwifarms.net
Looks cool! Theories floating around that the kid might be baby-Vaas. Hype if true.
As wonderful as that might be, I think the new Far Cry is set in the present, given the kid's earphones and iPhone. That being said, the kid looks pretty young- I wonder if there'll be a timeskip to age him up to adult age?

I think Ubisoft's going for another charismatic evil dictator like in Far Cry 4 with Pagan Min and the Seeds, and I think this is one of Far Cry's main draws- interesting villains (and given the long-term fanbase around Far Cry 5, villains targeting a female audience).

Muttnik

To the stars!
kiwifarms.net
As wonderful as that might be, I think the new Far Cry is set in the present, given the kid's earphones and iPhone. That being said, the kid looks pretty young- I wonder if there'll be a timeskip to age him up to adult age?

I wonder if Ubisoft's going for another charismatic evil dictator like in Far Cry 4 with Pagan Min?

Yeah but the world ended at the end of Far Cry 5. Are some of the games set in specific years? I always thought it was ambiguous.