Farmers redraw hideous tumblr art - You know you want to

tbagger

apparently I'm racist
kiwifarms.net
Beside the sjw-esque lips, I can't even tell if she's fat or just thicc (In my defense, Cactus Wings). Why would a household android be called "Angel" and have a wound on her cheek while standing in a display window for purchase? Except for edgy OC-logic, of course. Also, if you already have $6999, why not make it $6969?
tumblr_phxinkF12u1vkfz9i_1280.gif
android thing redraw.png

Celandine

Anime connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
Beside the sjw-esque lips, I can't even tell if she's fat or just thicc (In my defense, Cactus Wings). Why would a household android be called "Angel" and have a wound on her cheek while standing in a display window for purchase? Except for edgy OC-logic, of course. Also, if you already have $6999, why not make it $6969?
I think the character is supposed to be a fat android, which begs the question: who the f would built a fat android? That'd be a waste materials since it doesn't have any purpose other than making a fat android...

Btw the redraw looks great!

A Welsh Cake

Terminal case of Yellow Fever
kiwifarms.net
I think the character is supposed to be a fat android, which begs the question: who the f would built a fat android? That'd be a waste materials since it doesn't have any purpose other than making a fat android...

Btw the redraw looks great!
So they can fit more peripherals in. My fat android has the capacity to toast, run DOOM and refrigerate.

A.Shitposter

Gossiping Hen
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1101454
95% sure this is about you guys and, well... sometimes she's not entirely wrong.
Redrawing other peoples art is fun but I guess I'm biased because I honestly wouldn't care much if people did the same to me.

The only reason I even started posting in this thread was because I went from being in a community that was very pro redlining/critique because back then you'd have to beg or pay artists to help you learn to tumblr where even slightly criticizing art was not allowed and I had to share a website with deviantart users who never got past the "it's my style!!" bullshit.

Celandine

Anime connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1101454
95% sure this is about you guys and, well... sometimes she's not entirely wrong.
In my opinion lot of the original artists have great potential, talented and they are also more technically skilled than me but they focus on the bad tropes ( example: forced diversity, copying the SU style, uglifying everything) so much that it makes their art look really unappealing.
In short: It's not us who makes them look bad it's themselves.

Anyway I'm gonna take this as a compliment lol.

Coelacanth

Your local living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1101454
Honestly taking this as a compliment. As @Celandine said a lot of them do have talent but often choose to simply follow what is acceptable and unlearn good drawing habits in the process.

And at the end of the day if you put your art onto public websites like tumblr or DA, the piece is basically out of your hands and is up for scrutiny imo, no matter how good or bad that piece or your skills might be.

tbagger

apparently I'm racist
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1101454
Maybe consider the possibility that it's not to boost our own ego, but because we simply enjoy redrawing art. Especially from the type of artist that makes themselves look bad by forcing leftist ideologie into their art. Where did you even get this from?

Last edited:

Amber the Hedgehog

kiwifarms.net
To me redrawing is just one form of criticism and excellent one for visual arts because show not tell and one picture worth 1000 words. It can be very effective way to communicate issues and praises. If you publish your work then I don't feel sorry that people, including me, judge the art and have conversations about it. Sure people can be dicks, nitpicky, unfair or mean with their redraws but the original artist can take or leave it just like any other form of opinion about their work.