Farmers redraw hideous tumblr art - You know you want to

Chromeo

Put a record on
kiwifarms.net
LaMuerte-white.png

Okay, since there's no prompt list and I felt inspired anyway, here's a drawing for "Whitevember." Instead of turning a character black, now we're turning characters white.

Since redheads are always the ones being blackwashed in actual media (Hermione, Annie, Starfire, Ariel, etc,) I figured I'd take a character with dark hair and make them a redhead. So I turned La Muerte from Book Of Life into an Irish redhead. I took inspiration from Donn, the Irish "King of the Dead" and ancestor of the pagan Gaels, who is said to invite everyone to his home when they die*. It reminds me of how the Land of the Remembered in Book Of Life was a big party with your family for all eternity, so it's kind of similar. The shape of her flowers/celtic belts and the low neckline were similar too, so I thought that was really cool. It's neat when stuff across cultures turns out similar by accident like that, it's like humans don't really change so much.

The "biggest" change I did was give her a braid to hold her hair back (so she could keep her ponytail and still have a semi-Celtic hairstyle) and replaced her sombrero with a shawl (that was in the reference pic I used.)

*While trying to look up old Irish folklore, myths, outfits, etc, I was frustrated to find a lot of it has been forgotten, changed, or destroyed by the Brits. Adding that to the continued erasure of redheads, the persecution of the Irish being mocked/ignored, and the continued stereotyping of redheads as "feisty" and "sexy" as substitutes for the stereotypes that Irish are angry drunks who fuck too much, I'm starting to think the damn Irish need a month of visibility.

Ramen Timer

>SU Profile Picture
kiwifarms.net
Adding that to the continued erasure of redheads, the persecution of the Irish being mocked/ignored, and the continued stereotyping of redheads as "feisty" and "sexy" as substitutes for the stereotypes that Irish are angry drunks who fuck too much, I'm starting to think the damn Irish need a month of visibility.
Oh, nope sorry. They're white, so therefore, they're instantly privileged and evil tyrants, bigot. We definitey need another Black History Month.

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1702738
Okay, since there's no prompt list and I felt inspired anyway, here's a drawing for "Whitevember." Instead of turning a character black, now we're turning characters white.

Since redheads are always the ones being blackwashed in actual media (Hermione, Annie, Starfire, Ariel, etc,) I figured I'd take a character with dark hair and make them a redhead. So I turned La Muerte from Book Of Life into an Irish redhead. I took inspiration from Donn, the Irish "King of the Dead" and ancestor of the pagan Gaels, who is said to invite everyone to his home when they die*. It reminds me of how the Land of the Remembered in Book Of Life was a big party with your family for all eternity, so it's kind of similar. The shape of her flowers/celtic belts and the low neckline were similar too, so I thought that was really cool. It's neat when stuff across cultures turns out similar by accident like that, it's like humans don't really change so much.

The "biggest" change I did was give her a braid to hold her hair back (so she could keep her ponytail and still have a semi-Celtic hairstyle) and replaced her sombrero with a shawl (that was in the reference pic I used.)

*While trying to look up old Irish folklore, myths, outfits, etc, I was frustrated to find a lot of it has been forgotten, changed, or destroyed by the Brits. Adding that to the continued erasure of redheads, the persecution of the Irish being mocked/ignored, and the continued stereotyping of redheads as "feisty" and "sexy" as substitutes for the stereotypes that Irish are angry drunks who fuck too much, I'm starting to think the damn Irish need a month of visibility.
This unironically falls into the category of "shit I like".
  • I could tell who the character was just from looking at it (you nailed that dress!)
  • The personality and the pose are maintained
  • The cultural elements are relevant to the target group (Celts) and acknowledge the role of the analogous elements in the source material
Great work!

Miss_Injustice

Jonathan x Dio cult worshipper
kiwifarms.net
So from a post by Cl0wn in the SJW Art and Extremes had which can be found here:

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/sjw-art-and-extremes.8410/page-1781

There are two characters from the image files that I haven't drawn in a long while that I wanted to redraw. There is some potential with the artist in mind but, a lot of the darker color schemes end up dulling the image in the process. In particular, the lineart that they have, while messy does create nice expressions off of the characters. I wasn't able to mimic the lineart, I did my best to keep my redraw images in theme and used some of the color palettes from the original images. I still need more practice with anatomy and want to use this practice by redrawing characters that I like.

Before

After

View attachment 1694498

View attachment 1694499
Damn... It looks really cool ! I Love the fact , that you tried to imitate orginal styles.
Kudos to you
btw im newbie here, so welcome kiwis

Last edited:

Chromeo

Put a record on
kiwifarms.net
This unironically falls into the category of "shit I like".
  • I could tell who the character was just from looking at it (you nailed that dress!)
  • The personality and the pose are maintained
  • The cultural elements are relevant to the target group (Celts) and acknowledge the role of the analogous elements in the source material
Great work!
Damn... It looks really cool ! I Love the fact , that you tried to imitate orginal styles.
Kudos to you
btw im newbie here, so welcome kiwis
Thank you both so much!! <3
And welcome to the Farms, Miss Injustice!

Hongourable Madisha

You see, some of us don't know English properly.
kiwifarms.net
From the SJW Art and Extremes thread, some kind of freckly furry she-troon. I assumed that was a bong in the background and the eyes looked a bit droopy, so I doubled down on that and made her a stoner, and kept the hideous patterns but made them clothes to cover up the horrifying udder things.

1604442381016.png

ETA: The Virgin ace sapphic transwoman and The Chad '70s drag queen. The huge bugged out eyes and the gut reminded me of the Flea Market Montgomery guy so the face is loosely inspired by him. The original has no forehead so his wig has slipped.

stonerfixed2.png

Last edited:

Malagor the dank omen

Professional crop ruiner and curdler of milk
kiwifarms.net
Jesus christ i hope this was fucking sarcasm because the Irish has suffered enough.
When you look enough into the opression politics, they will tell you that neither the Irish nor the russian serfs were oppressed. They had it a bit rough here and there but they were never oppressed like blacks.

That's why when you bring up Irish people into the oppression scale, people will either quietly move along or be outright hostile about "We don't talk about the mics here".

Rakdos92

kiwifarms.net
When you look enough into the opression politics, they will tell you that neither the Irish nor the russian serfs were oppressed. They had it a bit rough here and there but they were never oppressed like blacks.

That's why when you bring up Irish people into the oppression scale, people will either quietly move along or be outright hostile about "We don't talk about the mics here".
>The Irish.
>Not sufficiently oppressed.
The only niggers I can name on top of my memory that even remotely suffered as much as the irish were the ones under the regime of the belgium bastards. And even then, they still suffered less than the irish.

Miss Violet Beauregarde

Talk to me about my blueberry condition
kiwifarms.net

>The Irish.
>Not sufficiently oppressed.
The only niggers I can name on top of my memory that even remotely suffered as much as the irish were the ones under the regime of the belgium bastards. And even then, they still suffered less than the irish.
Yeah, we gotta start infighting among the Europeans. That's what i wanna hear, "Friendship ties among European countries cut apart because of one loud wanker".

Also, damn. Aren't we supposed to fix sjw art in this thread?

Celandine

100% suppressed glee
kiwifarms.net
Redraw of DestinytoMoon's/Orquidia-art's pumpkin girl from one of her stand-off comics.
pumpkin.png

I really dislike how boring she looks compared to the scarecrow girl who's a bit (but not a lot) more detailed.

pumpking.png

For the base I used a similar body shape as Destiny did but I gave her a more form fitting/ pumpkin like outfit. This design would be a bit complicated to draw in a one off comic but as a stand-alone design I like her. In retrospect I'd give her different sleeves but that's not a big issue.

Malagor the dank omen

Professional crop ruiner and curdler of milk
kiwifarms.net
Today i managed to do a redraw on one of the OCs from StrawberryLind that was posted in the SJW art extremes thread (Fuku). I don't have a pic of the original but you can check it out in the other thread if you want.

Since the character is 14, i tried to make her look youthful and cheery, trying to focus on the fact that she's a young girl. And yes, i suck at making clothes. If not, i would have tried to give her a different style.

Attachments

• P01105-184117.jpg
    P01105-184117.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 52