Farmers redraw hideous tumblr art - You know you want to

CrystalRoserade

Ratvioli
kiwifarms.net
I'm laughing too much over the second character's name. "Meredith Kokoro" is fan fucking tastic
Honestly, might try my hand at redesigning her, and give her a better name and an actual Ultimate.

Update so I don't double post: Got a name and an Ultimate for her. Hoshiko Kurihashi, Ultimate Astronomer. Working on design right now.

Last edited:

W334b0 Tr4sh

I may be stupid but I ain’t dumb
kiwifarms.net
I’ve decided to do Miku justice and give it a try
4C91E634-AA34-4611-AB5A-4D34074ACAB6.png

Not much has change aside removing the flower pattern so yeah

[[SPOILER = “Cape design”]
28640725-09A3-41B9-AD75-C1F79FD83E7E.png

I’m quite proud of it ^u^
I hope to do more of this when I have time

Ah I’m not good with formatting this _ _|||||

Original
vvvvvvv
B7B5447C-5163-425C-837E-14B4D22F984F.jpeg

Last edited:

CrystalRoserade

Ratvioli
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, might try my hand at redesigning her, and give her a better name and an actual Ultimate.

Update so I don't double post: Got a name and an Ultimate for her. Hoshiko Kurihashi, Ultimate Astronomer. Working on design right now.
hoshiko flat.png

Aaand she's done! Her outfit is a sort of mix of uchuu kei and fairy kei. I felt that something spacy would be cute for her. Her dress skirt's supposed to be purple, but hell if I'm highlighting PVC fabric. Her pins are an alien, a UFO, a comet, and, well, a star.

Small edit: Got the skirt's intended color wrong. Oops.
Edit: ... I was right about it being purple. I'm stupid. Pardon me.

Last edited:

Yukari Yakumo

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1720638
Aaand she's done! Her outfit is a sort of mix of uchuu kei and fairy kei. I felt that something spacy would be cute for her. Her dress skirt's supposed to be purple, but hell if I'm highlighting PVC fabric. Her pins are an alien, a UFO, a comet, and, well, a star.
Oh fuck, she's cute.

Miss_Injustice

Jonathan x Dio cult worshipper
kiwifarms.net

Grape_Soda

The Queen of Spicy Opinions
kiwifarms.net
I can appreciate that you're actually taking the redesigned character and putting it in the original's outfit and pose. It looks like an OC doing a cosplay!
Thank you! That should be how these """""redesigns""""" should be treated.

If the person thinks so highly of their redesign, they should put the character in the OG's outfit. Its odd how these """"""fixed redesigns"""""" are more clothed and less attractive....Its like a nun got angry...

Celandine

100% suppressed glee
kiwifarms.net
Redrew this Danganronpa oc:

1605120861405.png

My main reason for drawing her is...nothing, I just liked the Danganronpa game's art style (never played the games tho) so I wanted to try it out. It should probably go in a redesign thread since I wouldn't call this Tumblr style art and the character looks like it was drawn by a minor but I saw it here so I'm gonna upload it here.

Also I couldn't come up with a cute or stylish clown design so I changed that a bit and made her into a different type of clown. This is how she is became an Ultimate Mime instead. I change her color scheme a bit as well so it's not just a big purple.

Lastly, it's more personal but this is my second year into digital art and I wanted to see how far I've come. That's all I guess, so let's see that redesign:
danganronpa-oc.png

Ramen Timer

>SU Profile Picture
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1722776

My main reason for drawing her is...nothing, I just liked the Danganronpa game's art style (never played the games tho) so I wanted to try it out. It should probably go in a redesign thread since I wouldn't call this Tumblr style art and the character looks like it was drawn by a minor but I saw it here so I'm gonna upload it here.

Also I couldn't come up with a cute or stylish clown design so I changed that a bit and made her into a different type of clown. This is how she is became an Ultimate Mime instead. I change her color scheme a bit as well so it's not just a big purple.

Lastly, it's more personal but this is my second year into digital art and I wanted to see how far I've come. That's all I guess, so let's see that redesign:
Absolutely based and danganpilled.

Yukari Yakumo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1722776

Well, looks like I have a new waifu. She's absolutely adorable and I love her.

Hongourable Madisha

You see, some of us don't know English properly.
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1722776

She works really well as a mime! It's a great design too, I could see her in a sequel as a sort of happy counterpart to Celes. The original is a doodle but I do like the idea of a SHSL Clown, it's easy to picture a Komaeda or Angie sort of character trying to cheer everyone up and keep them all hopeful, and either annoying or scaring them, or being a trickster type like Togami or Kokichi. She could have various murder methods available to her (or ways to frame her, reasons to suspect her) if she did sword swallowing or fire breathing, or have some plot point like Leon being the only one who could throw properly, her skills as a juggler or acrobat could be important there.

I drew her as well, but went in a different direction, I made her a sort of old-fashioned '20s vaudeville sort of clown, and heavily based on one of Malice-Mizer's guitarist Kozi's costumes. Korekiyo's outfit in Danganronpa v3 is based on one of hide's costumes, so I was keeping the visual-kei inspiration there. Kept the spots from the original design's scrunchies but put them on her top and hat instead, and redid the eye makeup from the original to look a bit like the Monokuma eye, maybe she's got something to do with the main plot or she's a red herring, who knows.

I gave her a new name as well: "ti" isn't a Japanese syllable, the closest sound is "chi" so I named her Chika, and Sakamoto because it's a common enough surname and the first part sounds a bit like "circus", a Japanese speaker could probably make a better name for her but that's all I could come up with.

chikasakamoto.pngchikasakamoto2.png
ETA: I just realised, she's a circus clown, she literally is a Tumbler OC...

Last edited:

Smooth Brained

Cant think = no sad
kiwifarms.net
This one is a bit of an enigma for me. This is supposed to be L from Death Note, but "fashionable" (yes, the tags do say that this is L). To be honest, I thought it was Deku the first time i saw it. The art isn't that bad-- but it looks nothing like the source material.

original post was also supplemented with a picture of e-boy light
bikes.png
I feel as if you want to make a character "fashionable", you want to at least emulate their character through their clothes. I like the idea of characters in fan art wearing different clothes, but the problem is that there's too much changed here. By changing the hair texture and color, the clothes and his style, and his skin color, you would never find out that it was L.

But if I really wanted to entertain the idea of L wearing the outfit in the original drawing...

nasty.png

I think it's quite funny

Yukari Yakumo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This one is a bit of an enigma for me. This is supposed to be L from Death Note, but "fashionable" (yes, the tags do say that this is L). To be honest, I thought it was Deku the first time i saw it. The art isn't that bad-- but it looks nothing like the source material.

View attachment 1725870
View attachment 1725857 I feel as if you want to make a character "fashionable", you want to at least emulate their character through their clothes. I like the idea of characters in fan art wearing different clothes, but the problem is that there's too much changed here. By changing the hair texture and color, the clothes and his style, and his skin color, you would never find out that it was L.

But if I really wanted to entertain the idea of L wearing the outfit in the original drawing...

View attachment 1726081
I think it's quite funny
I never watched Death Note, but goddamn you really nailed it, lad! :story:

CrystalRoserade

Ratvioli
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1725870
View attachment 1725857 I feel as if you want to make a character "fashionable", you want to at least emulate their character through their clothes. I like the idea of characters in fan art wearing different clothes, but the problem is that there's too much changed here. By changing the hair texture and color, the clothes and his style, and his skin color, you would never find out that it was L.

View attachment 1726081
I think it's quite funny
I may not know much about Death Note, but, man, that original drawing did not strike me as being L. If you're gonna redesign a character, at least make the character somewhat recognizable. I thought it was Deku at first glance, too. Your version is a lot better, and actually does feel like something he'd wear, from what I've seen.

Chromeo

Put a record on
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1725870

View attachment 1726081
I think it's quite funny
I love that the stylish shirt you made says "FARMS" on the side. I see you!

Sì.

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1725870

View attachment 1726081
I think it's quite funny
The original didn't even draw L's signature dark circles, are you kidding me.
Nice redraw!

Miss_Injustice

Jonathan x Dio cult worshipper
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 1725870

View attachment 1726081
I think it's quite funny
Besides the fact, that I only read a 1 tom of Death Note Manga I adore your redesign. He looks like canon L and you used his iconic pose
Kudos
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)