Farmers redraw hideous tumblr art - You know you want to

Hongourable Madisha

You see, some of us don't know English properly.
It's an interesting art challenge, to make a black character look washed-out and like a weird eccentric gremlin. Maybe make his eye bags more exaggerated or puffy, or red-rimmed to look tired.
It could be done if you think about how being tired and washed-out looks on black skin, as opposed to just replicating how it looks on white skin. Black people do get dark circles but also the tone kind of changes, make his complexion more desaturated and ashy.
Actually they could use that slightly greenish, wan tone that you see Tumblr artists use when they're trying to draw normal black people but fail and end up drawing monstrous looking things.
I thought about this some more and gave it a go. Kept his pose and the rough shape of his hair, and made the eye bags more blueish to make them stand out against his main skin tone. I put some yellow around his scleras to try to add to the effect and make the bags stand out more. It's not perfect but it's hopefully at least still recognisable as L!

blackL.png

Lapis Lazuli

Tried to use the ocean as a elevator once
Correct me if I'm wrong, but do Stevonnie's pronouns even get used very often in the show? The only time I can even think of when someone says they/them for Stevonnie is in Bismuth Casual, when Pearl's cheering after Stevonnie wins a roller-skating competition. I can't think of another instance where anyone really refers to Stevonnie that way.
Yeah, I don't get quite get why they feel like telling people about Stevonnie's pronouns for what's essentially a futa fusion who is often referred to with their name.

Smooth Brained

Cant think = no sad
I thought about this some more and gave it a go. Kept his pose and the rough shape of his hair, and made the eye bags more blueish to make them stand out against his main skin tone. I put some yellow around his scleras to try to add to the effect and make the bags stand out more. It's not perfect but it's hopefully at least still recognisable as L!

Aw, hey, i love that! I gave it a shot earlier after seeing your comment, but I had no idea you did it too.
1608259620899.png
In retrospect, i should have made him look a little less healthy, but i wanted to try something (and i feel like i never see this kind of hair texture in these blackwashing artworks, because everyone is too focused on dreads). I think it fits him well as he wouldn't try to maintain his hair.

angelgoth

varg IS a lolcow

CHAD SHIT still doesn't work for his character but you did it

Edit: just saw the second black L redesign. Thats fucking great!

Another round of a singular headshot that I have decided to redraw from the free time I was able to have today. The moment I saw the art in particular, I wanted to give a chance towards an underuse and underrated character that was used during Blacktober.

Original poster of this thread is user Yurei as the link towards the original post can be found here:

bug_boy_by_kill_rcl_ric_dawvbud-png.1758743

Now the original artist who created the piece in the spoiler tag had a decent idea with the bugs that Shino uses in his battles, along with nice work on the eyebrows, facial structure, shading with the bandanna, and shading with the glasses.

However, besides the inaccuracy of the character, the other issue I mainly have with the piece is how stiff the image ends up being because of the line art. The shading in his clothing in this piece does also blend in too much with the flat colors, which does create a flatness in the image.

Now, I'm not the most dynamic artist when it comes with posing so I did my attempt on trying to make the image pop out nicely by adding a lot of color-matching shading with the colors and using black shading. For my art recently, I feel like the best results with making an image stand out is using both techniques, so it creates a multilayer shading piece. This is my 1st time drawing Shino and wow, he's a lot harder than I imagined, though I'm satisfied on how it came out otherwise.

Shino Headshot.png

Last edited:

Hongourable Madisha

Aw, hey, i love that! I gave it a shot earlier after seeing your comment, but I had no idea you did it too.
In retrospect, i should have made him look a little less healthy, but i wanted to try something (and i feel like i never see this kind of hair texture in these blackwashing artworks, because everyone is too focused on dreads). I think it fits him well as he wouldn't try to maintain his hair.
That's great, the hair works really well for him! The pose makes it too, the long creepy fingers and hair covering his eyes and keeping them in more shadow adds a lot to it.

Hongourable Madisha

aparently the artist that drew black L also draws vaguely puke brown misa.
Fine, I guess ill draw misa black but if you bother to change her skintone you may as well change her hair texture so it doesn't look like you darkened a white character without though- oh
The original just looks like she's got a tan or perhaps wearing ganguro or gyaru style and gained some weight, a palette swap more than anything. It doesn't look black and it doesn't really look like Misa. Yours works a lot better, it's a human skin tone and I could see her as a model like Misa is, or a '90s girlband member or something, that doesn't come across in the original. A lot of these redraws lose the character and you brought it back.

Chromeo

Put a record on
aparently the artist that drew black L also draws vaguely puke brown misa.
Fine, I guess ill draw misa black but if you bother to change her skintone you may as well change her hair texture so it doesn't look like you darkened a white character without though- oh
The redraw you did just has squiggle lines for hair. :\ That doesn't look any closer to black hair than the original's hair does. I don't know anything about Death Note, but the original drawing with the starbucks drink is way more appealing to look at. Even if giving her a tan and casual American clothing is SJW-y as hell, it looks more alive and vibrant than the redraw.

angelgoth

varg IS a lolcow
The redraw you did just has squiggle lines for hair. :\ That doesn't look any closer to black hair than the original's hair does. I don't know anything about Death Note, but the original drawing with the starbucks drink is way more appealing to look at. Even if giving her a tan and casual American clothing is SJW-y as hell, it looks more alive and vibrant than the redraw.
It was done in like 15 min lol and I mostly just wanted to change the hair

Ello, New to the farms. I'm not sure if this is from Tumblr but I got it from lurking in the tearzah thread. This person was a copycat. Looks pretty Tumblr-esque to me and was painful to the eyes.
1571705766702.png

here's my take on it
131926610_199954428431632_969729629240764185_n.png

Sorry if I look like a cunt for the snarky commentary. I put it there so that this post wouldn't be long.
Also, I'm not good at tiddies (:_(

Chromeo

Put a record on
Ello, New to the farms. I'm not sure if this is from Tumblr but I got it from lurking in the tearzah thread. This person was a copycat. Looks pretty Tumblr-esque to me and was painful to the eyes.

here's my take on it
View attachment 1804124

Sorry if I look like a cunt for the snarky commentary. I put it there so that this post wouldn't be long.
Welcome to the farms! Your redesign is a marked improvement. Hell, just being able to tell what's going on makes it infinitely better. She looks a lot more appealing, especially the more humanoid eyes and the way you rendered the hair. She looks less like a bg villain from Hazbin and more like a protagonist of her own thing now. :biggrin:

The tiddies are a little high up if they're supposed to be breasts and not pecs, and her deltoids (upper shoulder) are kind of scrunched up too. Don't be afraid to let that part take up more space vertically, I know I also tend to make the upper arms kind of short, but I think it's natural ('cause we're always looking down at ourselves from a top-down angle so we're inclined to make the proportions longer towards the bottom.) You're definitely off to a great start, though!

Welcome to the farms! Your redesign is a marked improvement. Hell, just being able to tell what's going on makes it infinitely better. She looks a lot more appealing, especially the more humanoid eyes and the way you rendered the hair. She looks less like a bg villain from Hazbin and more like a protagonist of her own thing now. :biggrin:

The tiddies are a little high up if they're supposed to be breasts and not pecs, and her deltoids (upper shoulder) are kind of scrunched up too. Don't be afraid to let that part take up more space vertically, I know I also tend to make the upper arms kind of short, but I think it's natural ('cause we're always looking down at ourselves from a top-down angle so we're inclined to make the proportions longer towards the bottom.) You're definitely off to a great start, though!
Bro Thank you, I know I joined minutes ago but I hope I'll make good memories here (:
I tried to make her an animu waifu, y'know make her more bangable? instead of that abomination... :roll: removed her (self-harm?) scars, removed the stoner eyes, and made the colors more passable.
Gosh, I hope the original creator doesn't murder me in my sleep );

I have to admit, I focus more on males now so that explains the anatomy, specifically, I focus on those bara superhero body types instead of hourglass girls so I have a lot to work on. Again, thanks for the feedback. Guess I'm going to watch some more Proko tomorrow (:

Grape_Soda

The Queen of Spicy Opinions
View attachment 1812959
Not tumblr or SJW-y but bad anatomy goes here, no? Actual official art in the FE gacha
if it doesnt belong here then slap me
(From the sjw main thread)
OOUUFFF! what kind of pixiv artist did they get to do the art???? This anatomy is janky in other parts like the upper legs (they look big compared to his upper body), THE FOOT, and the sword arm comes off a tad bigger than the other arm. I did two edits. One that “fixed” the foot. And the other one I did more edits to it to balance it a bit better. Forgive me if it looks like shit, Procreate needs better editing tools.

2FE39E3E-7D48-4D4B-974E-785037B7639F.png

883F34F4-F250-4D01-B103-DF86F2BD9288.png

Los Lobos

You can't lewd what you don't sow
OOUUFFF! what kind of pixiv artist did they get to do the art???? This anatomy is janky in other parts like the upper legs (they look big compared to his upper body), THE FOOT, and the sword arm comes off a tad bigger than the other arm. I did two edits. One that “fixed” the foot. And the other one I did more edits to it to balance it a bit better. Forgive me if it looks like shit, Procreate needs better editing tools.

View attachment 1813114
View attachment 1813115

For me the first edit is the better one, in the second his legs look a bit weird.

Diet Coke 4 Life

When I peek, it is in the line of duty.

View attachment 1813114
View attachment 1813115
Sorry to say, but the 'fix' of the legs on the 2nd one makes it look so much less dynamic. With the first one, the joints and that foot are a bit problematic, but there's an energy to it. You can believe the character is defending himself from some sort of blast, crouched low to minimize the impact and attempting to shield himself with his upraised arm. In the second one, it looks like he's standing in a pose where he's about to topple over because his center of gravity is wonky as fuck. Also, it's lacking that dynamic energy - he's so upright that he's just asking for whatever's in front of him to bitch-slap him into oblivion. He's not set, his stance is unbalanced, and as they teach in martial arts, he has no strong base from which to defend or attack.

The arm looks considerably less wonky, though, so kudos on that.

And they're so much better than the original with that busted as fuck foot.

Grape_Soda

The Queen of Spicy Opinions
For me the first edit is the better one, in the second his legs look a bit weird.
Sorry to say, but the 'fix' of the legs on the 2nd one makes it look so much less dynamic. With the first one, the joints and that foot are a bit problematic, but there's an energy to it. You can believe the character is defending himself from some sort of blast, crouched low to minimize the impact and attempting to shield himself with his upraised arm. In the second one, it looks like he's standing in a pose where he's about to topple over because his center of gravity is wonky as fuck. Also, it's lacking that dynamic energy - he's so upright that he's just asking for whatever's in front of him to bitch-slap him into oblivion. He's not set, his stance is unbalanced, and as they teach in martial arts, he has no strong base from which to defend or attack.

The arm looks considerably less wonky, though, so kudos on that.

And they're so much better than the original with that busted as fuck foot.
The pose is weird to begin with so no amount of editing will save it. I tried!*sigh*The artist must have been rushed because the pose and proportions look really bad. And this is a Triple A Game Company right? Don’t know shit about Fire Emblem.

I just realized that the left leg is supposed to be pointing outward. Makes it look short.

here's my take on it
View attachment 1804124

That’s a neat attempt! I wanted to do an attempt too. It has potential to look like a neat character design.
81AD3E3D-1A44-44DF-B7F3-51308BB13E6F.png

Yukari Yakumo

Battle Tendency is the best JoJo part
True & Honest Fan
The pose is weird to begin with so no amount of editing will save it. I tried!*sigh*The artist must have been rushed because the pose and proportions look really bad. And this is a Triple A Game Company right? Don’t know shit about Fire Emblem.

I just realized that the left leg is supposed to be pointing outward. Makes it look short.

That’s a neat attempt! I wanted to do an attempt too. It has potential to look like a neat character design.
View attachment 1813814
PUSSY MOUTH
PUSSY MOUTH

By the way, your redesign looks fucking baller, dude!