Fashion crimes against humanity - Stuff you should never have to see in public

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Cheesegirl78

"I want to f**k you sex sex sex"
kiwifarms.net
Putting contact lenses in is the easy part because they just lay flat on your finger. You need a cotton bud (Q-tip for the burgers) folded in half to get them out if you have long nails because you can't grip them.
You do have to do some contortions with your finger to get the lenses in your eye, though. And getting them out of their case isn't easy unless you dump it into your palm.
But that was just my experience, so I keep my acrylics pretty short now.

CaseyTatumm

kiwifarms.net
I associate them with seaside resorts in Southern Europe. For some reason there's always a couple of souvenir/tat shops selling them, usually featuring one stretched out over those cheap black mannequins.
View attachment 2728861
The locals aren't wearing them but I don't see tourists getting them either. Sometimes I wonder if they haven't just been sat there unsold since the 90s.

Lana Del Rey got a lot of attention for them a decade ago - there was even an article in Fashionista entiled "My Lana Del Rey Nails Are Ruining My Life".
View attachment 2728870
They seem kinda conservative compared to the Cardi B giant acrylics now, though.

IIRC make a ball of wadded up loo roll and then hold it with the ends of the nails
How well would you be able to really wipe though?

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I associate them with seaside resorts in Southern Europe. For some reason there's always a couple of souvenir/tat shops selling them, usually featuring one stretched out over those cheap black mannequins.
5332277392_8a7599a105_b.jpg

The locals aren't wearing them but I don't see tourists getting them either. Sometimes I wonder if they haven't just been sat there unsold since the 90s.
They might be for people who accidentally get their clothes wet on the seaside and need a quick repacement. As stretchy as they are they'd probably fit a wider range of sizes.

Ol Dirty Fatso

Allahu snackbar
kiwifarms.net
They might be for people who accidentally get their clothes wet on the seaside and need a quick repacement. As stretchy as they are they'd probably fit a wider range of sizes.
That makes sense. In the US it's more common to see sweatshirts or regular t shirts for that purpose.

lady stoneheart

misandrist
kiwifarms.net
I’m not ready
i went to the mall today for the first time in forever and beheld the many warning signs. everywhere that wasn’t The Gap was post-Y2K’d out and looked like the set of a Hillary Duff music video

i’m not ready for low rider jeans to come back. i’m not fat, but i am old now and tall so the high waist was much more flattering for me *sigh* i’ll still keep wearing what looks good but it will be more expensive and even harder to find

admiral

Новый мир рождается на наших глазах!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My least favourite fashion crime is ruching, specifically at the font. So many fast fahsion stores sell these dresses with the drawstring and the ruching at the front and I think it looks horrid. You see a few fat girls wearing dresses like these on a night out and they always look like trussed up hams. It's just a very tacky look, for me.
I have a kinda young looking face and usually get carded when I'm out wearing a little tight dress or a crop top with tight pants, but the other night I wore a long dress and didn't get carded. We were chatting to the bouncer later and he said that he didn't bother checking me because I was 'dressed like an adult'. So, I guess, if you're underage and want to avoid detection, wear a long dress. You see plenty of older women wearing short dresses too, but they're usually the type that looks like a leather handbag once they hit 35, so ain't nobody carding those bitches.

tan-ruched-button-front-mini-shirt-dress.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-15 091102.png
When I was a fat teenager I used to think that ruching would hide my fat belly, but now that I am an adult I realise that it just made me look like a cocoon. Ruching just looks saggy and bad when you're skinny, and it catches on my hipbones and makes them even more prominent.

My specific issue with ruching at the front with a drawstring/buttons is that, if you're not skinny (and, tbf, even if you are) it looks like you got your dress tucked into your panties. I just think having the fabric drawing up like an arrow pointing to your snatch is so unflattering, especially if you're a fatass.

Of all people it was Khloe Kardashian as a guest star on RPDR who summed up the problem best. She called it 'Coochie Ruching' and now I can't un-think of it that way. It really does look like the vag is trying to eat the dress.

Jesus Quintana

It don't matter to Jesus.
kiwifarms.net
There is a type of shoe that has been very popular in my country for many years now. I don't know if it exists in other places as well, and I'm not sure what the proper name is (some people call them "platform sandals" or "clogs") but I prefer the term "bricks". And you can kill a person with one.
They might not be as horrifying as other examples in this thread, but spotting a bitch wearing them in the street is a sight to behold.

1S2VCDOSHA-MB.jpg1S2VSLETI-MB.jpg
1S2VSFARAH-MB.jpgLola-Roca-Sandalia-plataformas-madera-verano-2017.jpg

I reckon the heaviest ones weigh up to 1 kilo each (or more). The average height of women here is 160-165 cm, so they are somewhat popular among short ladies.

Ol Dirty Fatso

Allahu snackbar
kiwifarms.net
My least favourite fashion crime is ruching, specifically at the font. So many fast fahsion stores sell these dresses with the drawstring and the ruching at the front and I think it looks horrid. You see a few fat girls wearing dresses like these on a night out and they always look like trussed up hams. It's just a very tacky look, for me.
I have a kinda young looking face and usually get carded when I'm out wearing a little tight dress or a crop top with tight pants, but the other night I wore a long dress and didn't get carded. We were chatting to the bouncer later and he said that he didn't bother checking me because I was 'dressed like an adult'. So, I guess, if you're underage and want to avoid detection, wear a long dress. You see plenty of older women wearing short dresses too, but they're usually the type that looks like a leather handbag once they hit 35, so ain't nobody carding those bitches.

View attachment 2802287
View attachment 2802288
When I was a fat teenager I used to think that ruching would hide my fat belly, but now that I am an adult I realise that it just made me look like a cocoon. Ruching just looks saggy and bad when you're skinny, and it catches on my hipbones and makes them even more prominent.

My specific issue with ruching at the front with a drawstring/buttons is that, if you're not skinny (and, tbf, even if you are) it looks like you got your dress tucked into your panties. I just think having the fabric drawing up like an arrow pointing to your snatch is so unflattering, especially if you're a fatass.

Of all people it was Khloe Kardashian as a guest star on RPDR who summed up the problem best. She called it 'Coochie Ruching' and now I can't un-think of it that way. It really does look like the vag is trying to eat the dress.
Ruching is one of those design elements you see a lot in fast fashion because it's stretchy and can accommodate for plenty of variations in body shape. It does end up looking tacky and awful on most people, I agree. More intricate smocking can look fabulous but it's a skilled artform unto itself that sweatshop made bullshit is never going to achieve.

I saw dresses with matching masks, sold as a set. I mean it was at Walmart… Just the idea of making masks a normal thing to where they’re never going away just gives me hives.

They already had been a part of everyday life in Japan for a long time before covid. At least since the original Sars epidemic but probably before then too. I doubt they're ever going to go away and if they are it could be a few decades.

Last edited:

Fialovy

isekai'd to CWCville
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone remember gaucho pants?

gaucho pants.jpg

I remember they were popular for a bit in the mid 2000s. I had some denim ones as a teen and they were pretty comfortable, albeit a bit dated now. Of course, with their popularity I saw a lot of fat women wearing them back in the day and often times they were ones that were made out of material that had some stretch to them and they tried to squeeze their fat thighs and ass in a pair several sizes too small to the point it is form fitting just so they could feel better about themselves wearing smaller sized clothing without the effort of losing the weight.

Catto_Gatto

kiwifarms.net
A friend of mine spent $500 on the fugliest pair of sneakers I’ve ever seen in my life. If you asked an autistic 8 year old to design a shoe, this is what I imagine they’d come up with. Covered with clashing patterns and colors, bedazzled with multicolored glitter.

They’re “Golden Goose” sneakers which are apparently a hot commodity. Why anyone nearing 30 would want to be seen in these I will never understand. And the fact that they also go for $500+ makes me think whoever created these abominations did so to troll basic millennials while laughing all the way to the bank.

Jesus Quintana

It don't matter to Jesus.
kiwifarms.net
A friend of mine spent $500 on the fugliest pair of sneakers I’ve ever seen in my life. If you asked an autistic 8 year old to design a shoe, this is what I imagine they’d come up with. Covered with clashing patterns and colors, bedazzled with multicolored glitter.

They’re “Golden Goose” sneakers which are apparently a hot commodity. Why anyone nearing 30 would want to be seen in these I will never understand. And the fact that they also go for $500+ makes me think whoever created these abominations did so to troll basic millennials while laughing all the way to the bank.

Like these ones?

1685e2953161f24d8d1fa735fc682d48.png