Fashion crimes against humanity - Stuff you should never have to see in public

• ATTN NEW USERS: I strongly suggest using a real, alter-ego email address from a reputable provider and using a Password Manager to securely keep tack of it. If you forget your email and password I cannot restore your account. These are good practices in general so stop being lazy.

The Last Stand

Honorary Harlow Hostess
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Older women trying to look young through plastic surgery.

1642210104926.png

Faye, honey, you're 81. Those lip injections aren't working. Just embrace your age.

Cheesegirl78

"I want to f**k you sex sex sex"
kiwifarms.net
Seriously. They give off "little girl trying on mommy's dresses if mommy was a giant baby doll" vibes in terms of their sizing and how they fit on people. It's so bad, lol.

I said some of the dresses on the site looked like they could be passable as maternity dresses. There was a plain blue "cottage" dress with no additional ruffles on the site that I think could work as a maternity photoshoot dress in particular that stood out to me. The vast majority of the selkie dresses work on nobody, haha.

My favorite era of maternity clothing was the 50's. The maternity dress suits wereso freaking cute and classy at the same time. As someone who is currently shopping for maternity clothes herself, it's actually hard to find more sophisticated clothes for "going out." Loungewear is super easy to find, but there's a lot of maternity fashion these days that just kind of blurs together for me with not much standing out. Granted, that's better than looking like a cupcake and I'll work with it, but it's not really my personal style for "going out" clothes.
I didn't go through the entire site, just the first couple pages. I will go through the rest of them.

And congratulations on your baby!

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
I didn't go through the entire site, just the first couple pages. I will go through the rest of them.

And congratulations on your baby!
Thanks a bunch!

And yeah, I was curious enough to scroll through most of the site, and I found a couple of pieces that weren't so bad.

I remember the "strawberry dress" trend from 2020. The dress in of itself was absolutely precious in my opinion, but even that dress was too "young" for me to feel confident about wearing. I admired it on others, though. Lots of women looked fabulous in that dress' silhouette. I also do quite enjoy a lot of the cottagecore trend that's been around this decade, too. Lots of cute sundresses have formed from that trend, and I am enjoying the appreciation of good fabrics and linens that have sparked from that trend, too.

The selkie dress trend is the David Cronenberg body horror mutations of the strawberry dress and cottagecore trends. lol.

JambledUpWords

Stairs are my worst enemy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The selkie dress trend is the David Cronenberg body horror mutations of the strawberry dress and cottagecore trends. lol.
The Selkie brand takes a lot of inspiration from the Baroque era in France, hence why it looks that way. Though, I can’t even see someone like Marie Antoinette wearing those designs even though they base some of them off the types of dresses she wore. They even have a replica of the famous necklace from the diamond affair for sale, which was a massive controversy during Marie’s time.
34700F07-57E7-4027-8F87-95EA74943BAD.jpeg

Though, that said, there are a few things I’d buy from that store even though I think most of it looks too juvenile.

Things I’d buy:
B96EAC15-0228-4FB3-962E-B708D34B5E2D.jpeg2CDD9BE7-A35E-44BA-B24A-48BD2B393CF2.jpegD9F1C4C9-52EB-4EFA-8C14-13142D0F2ED4.jpeg

Things I wouldn’t buy:
A6F5ABD9-F841-4CCB-97A5-F50FC5CD0EC2.jpeg4FD209FF-F73C-4AFC-86AF-5F1AB06084B3.jpeg3707587C-2314-4E84-A5BE-A05A57263114.jpeg

Sadly, the style of the wouldn’t buy category is much larger than the would buy section. I’m really not a fan of the cut they use for majority of the babydoll dresses, and sleeves that big just never were my thing.

The Last Stand

Honorary Harlow Hostess
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Agarathium1066

My sense of balance is busted.
kiwifarms.net
Older women trying to look young through plastic surgery.

View attachment 2888286

Faye, honey, you're 81. Those lip injections aren't working. Just embrace your age.
Maybe like a slightly younger chimp, that's just woefully distracting and ugly. To me she looks miles worse than any other 80 year old .. just accept the wrinkles.

The Last Stand

Honorary Harlow Hostess
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe like a slightly younger chimp, that's just woefully distracting and ugly. To me she looks miles worse than any other 80 year old .. just accept the wrinkles.
Oh, don't even get me started on examples. Here are women that embraced the aging process and look marvelous because of it.

Diane Baker - 83

1642215341811.png

Jessica Walter - 80

1642215381272.png

Bette Davis - 81

1642215431473.png

Sophia Loren - 87

1642215509003.png

You get the point. Being old doesn't automatically negate internal youth or beauty.

Ear

kiwifarms.net
Being old doesn't automatically negate internal youth or beauty.

Certainly. The 'eat souls'/'bathe in virgins' blood' route to staving off ageing always produces better results than fillers and facelifts.

Sadly, the style of the wouldn’t buy category is much larger than the would buy section.

I think Selkie et al make sales off escapism rather than wearability. When scrubbing the grout in the shower or working from home in pyjamas for the 290th day in a row, it's easy to want the kind of life where you wear acres of ruffley tulle, wander thru meadows picking flowers, let the peasants eat cake etc. They're selling that, not dresses.

Got to say, this is the one I want to be wearing at the reading of the will when it turns out the duke has left me, his mistress, everything:

SELKIEFALL2021SUGARPLUM114.jpg

And why do post-feminist women feel the need to dye their hair?

Because we might mistake faerself for a mere boring woman otherwise.

The Husbando Collector

Certified professor of malewives
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Certainly. The 'eat souls'/'bathe in virgins' blood' route to staving off ageing always produces better results than fillers and facelifts.

I think Selkie et al make sales off escapism rather than wearability. When scrubbing the grout in the shower or working from home in pyjamas for the 290th day in a row, it's easy to want the kind of life where you wear acres of ruffley tulle, wander thru meadows picking flowers, let the peasants eat cake etc. They're selling that, not dresses.

Got to say, this is the one I want to be wearing at the reading of the will when it turns out the duke has left me, his mistress, everything:

View attachment 2889043

Because we might mistake faerself for a mere boring woman otherwise.
Oh selkie is definitely about the escapism of playing dress up as a pretty princess from a fairytale but this time as an adult (which makes sense given that the lable's named after a type of merfolk in celtic mythos).

As for something that's now trendy but is awful is the return of the mullet. It's been discussed before but I want to point out that the modern day mullet makes the wearer look like a paste eating retard and I also abhor the stupid ass trend of bleaching your hair that awful shade of orangey-yellow combined with your roots showing. You don't look edgy or cool, your hair looks brittle and disgusting.

ohforfoxache

test me, thot
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sadly, the style of the wouldn’t buy category is much larger than the would buy section. I’m really not a fan of the cut they use for majority of the babydoll dresses, and sleeves that big just never were my thing.
It's the style, the cut, and the materials for me. That goes not just for Selkie but for most brands out there nowadays. Several years ago I learned how to sew and I cannot overstate how much it changes your perspective on clothes buying. Nowadays we live in this polyester hellscape and it's hard to find clothes that are of good quality, made with good materials (something other than poly FFS), that also doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Plus the wave of fatties coming in fucks with Ready to Wear sizing; companies have to be updating their pattern blocks as the "average" sizes change right?

Fialovy

isekai'd to CWCville
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In regards to Selkie, I have noticed the puff sleeve trend from the 80s is coming back in general and I really wish it didn't...

Seriously, those selkie dresses look like what five year old me would think a pretty princess dress is. It is so cringy seeing 30 something overweight women wearing them. These womanchildren just don't want to accept that they are getting older.

Which reminds me, IMHO wearing kneesocks after your teenage years should not exist

Jesus Quintana

Laughable, man. Ha ha!
kiwifarms.net
Which reminds me, IMHO wearing kneesocks after your teenage years should not exist
Wearing kneesocks at any age should be considered a punishable crime. They became a bit popular among weebs when I was a teen, but at the same time they were seen as slutty so not many girls wore them. I always thought they looked cringey.
Now they have become much more popular and accepted.

Cheesegirl78

"I want to f**k you sex sex sex"
kiwifarms.net
It's the style, the cut, and the materials for me. That goes not just for Selkie but for most brands out there nowadays. Several years ago I learned how to sew and I cannot overstate how much it changes your perspective on clothes buying. Nowadays we live in this polyester hellscape and it's hard to find clothes that are of good quality, made with good materials (something other than poly FFS), that also doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Plus the wave of fatties coming in fucks with Ready to Wear sizing; companies have to be updating their pattern blocks as the "average" sizes change right?
I cannot express how much I agree with you.

Fast fashion has truly ruined many people on what good, well-made clothing should be.