Fashion crimes against humanity - Stuff you should never have to see in public

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Din Djarin

The Farms' Number One Pedro Pascal Fan
kiwifarms.net
As for something that's now trendy but is awful is the return of the mullet. It's been discussed before but I want to point out that the modern day mullet makes the wearer look like a paste eating retard and I also abhor the stupid ass trend of bleaching your hair that awful shade of orangey-yellow combined with your roots showing. You don't look edgy or cool, your hair looks brittle and disgusting.
I was out with a friend today and we saw a man with a very neatly styled mullet in a nice suit and it was incredibly jarring. I just don't get it.

Ol Dirty Fatso

Allahu snackbar
kiwifarms.net
The Selkie brand takes a lot of inspiration from the Baroque era in France, hence why it looks that way. Though, I can’t even see someone like Marie Antoinette wearing those designs even though they base some of them off the types of dresses she wore. They even have a replica of the famous necklace from the diamond affair for sale, which was a massive controversy during Marie’s time.
View attachment 2888406

Though, that said, there are a few things I’d buy from that store even though I think most of it looks too juvenile.

Things I’d buy:
View attachment 2888434View attachment 2888435View attachment 2888436

Things I wouldn’t buy:
View attachment 2888437View attachment 2888438View attachment 2888439

Sadly, the style of the wouldn’t buy category is much larger than the would buy section. I’m really not a fan of the cut they use for majority of the babydoll dresses, and sleeves that big just never were my thing.
Shit like Selkie doesn't take into account that what made historical fashion look great was the richness of the textiles and craftsmanship that went into those styles. All of the garments you see baroque ladies wearing in old paintings were the haute couture of their day. Some shitty mass-produced polyester sewn into a similar shape is just going to look cheap and tacky by comparison, especially when your brand caters to hamplanets.

compare it to a modern couturier like guo pei, who uses similar historically inspired poofy silhouettes but with high quality fabric and atelier embroidery:

Guo+Pei+Fall+2019+Details+b-ak2Mf-pP2x.jpg
guo-pei-hc-clp-rf19-6092.jpg
guo-pei-hc-clp-rf19-6068.jpg

I mean yeah, you can't afford this, but you wouldn't have been able to afford the outfits that someone in a fragonard painting wore if you lived back then either.

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

I agree with the KF mods - I support Ukraine
kiwifarms.net
It sucks with men (being a guy, yes I know what thread I am in) that so many think being disheveled, sloppy, childish (graphic Marvel t-shrts), dirty, and unkempt is the correct, "masculine" way to look. You basically get called a fag if you present yourself nicely.

Yeah, I wear suits, and no, I will not take your bro advise to wear sweatpants and oversized torn up hoodie when I'm going out to parties and such. Women tend to respond positively to well-dressed, clean dudes and yet dudes can't seem to connect that with "not being gay." It's like they see these well-dressed guys pulling in pussy and the first instinct they have is to assume they're gay.

Harbinger of Kali Yuga

I agree with the KF mods - I support Ukraine
kiwifarms.net
I abhor those animal ear hats that you pull on the strap to make the ear flop that was popular on tiktok a year ago. It looks so retarded and stupid if you are above the age of 10. FFS just get a regular animal ear hat if you want to be kawaii desu~ or whatever.

View attachment 2893034
Yeah, related to what I said and have been saying on the Farms recently, the present generations are laughably childish. It's ridiculous.

Coffee Druid

Your cordial caffeinated chevalier
kiwifarms.net
I abhor those animal ear hats that you pull on the strap to make the ear flop that was popular on tiktok a year ago. It looks so retarded and stupid if you are above the age of 10. FFS just get a regular animal ear hat if you want to be kawaii desu~ or whatever.

View attachment 2893034
A year ago? It's still popular if the tiktoks my friends post in group chats is anything to go by. I now have a visceral hatred of people in shitty full-face clown or skull makeup lip-syncing (in the obnoxiously overdone way all tiktokers use) to soundbites while pulling the ears in a sped up video. Yes, I'll take my hats graciously.

On a more calm note about the animal ear hats, those fleece animal hats that I always saw sold at anime cons a decade ago. They were adorable and so easy to make that I made some of my own for friends. But nowadays I'd cringe at anyone wearing one.

s-l400.jpg