Fast Food & Other Restaurant Horrors - Subtle Disgust to Literally Dangerous Mishaps

  • Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

AlephOne2Many

the late nightmare special
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
The Time my Stepdad got Hospitalized for Food Poisoning

I'll keep a power level to a minimum and say that this specific McDonalds sold spoiled eggs to many customers, needless to say I actually got a bit ill just from the memory of eating at this specific location before.

Literally Mud-Slicked McDonalds in California

Went on a trip to LA once in my early teen years, got to have an expensive stay at a hotel and eat some of the best breakfast (at the time) at a local restaurant. Two days before I was sitting in the most apprehensively filthy mcdonalds because me and my folks actually have not ate for almost a whole day and were miserable. Thankfully we bit the bullet and none of us got sick.

The Time Olive Garden Poisoned a Twelve Year Old

Had a salad because I wasn't in the mood for anything else, all of the sudden I projectile vomited all over the floorboard of the truck I was riding in. Then I had a very awful fever followed by whatever was stuck inside that salad that nearly choked me out in a dry heave, I had a metallic-vinegary rot aftertaste lingering on no matter what I did. My dad had to file a complaint about the food and as it turned out the batch of lettuce was never supposed to be used.
 
A

AA 102

Guest
kiwifarms.net
I went to a burger place once and they gave me a half frozen patty in my burger. I told them to fix it and they brought me back a raw burger. I sent it back for a third time and they gave me a burnt, well done burger. I complained to the manager and I got a free meal. Could've been worse.
 

fire_fly

kiwifarms.net
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Not sure if it counts, but I got food poisoning from a specific Panera near where I worked at the time. I stopped by to get a sandwich on my way to work, intending to heat it up later, and about twenty minutes after I actually ate it, I was incredibly sick. Not vomiting, but I was clearly Not Okay. It took a couple of weeks for the nausea and stomach cramps to go away.

I sent a complaint to corporate but nothing ever really came of it.
 

MerriedxReldnahc

#1 Wogglebug Fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Sep 10, 2013
I was but a wee babby and don't remember this happening, but my mom took me to a Taco Bell and was feeding me some bites of chicken from her taco and she found a goddamn claw. We were both very sick after that and she didn't take me back there for a very long time.
I also managed to get horribly sick after eating a cream-filled doughnut of all things, at a kind of shady looking doughnut place. Nowadays I only trust two places to make my fried sugar love.
 

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Dec 28, 2014
It's not a restaurant but I once got a microwave burrito at a convenience store and heated it up and bit into it without looking, and it was so full of blue mold there wasn't any actual food left, and I gagged and spit it out and had to wash my mouth out with water for 10 minutes. Then I got a refund because it was months out of date.
 

Kartoffel

kiwifarms.net
Joined
Sep 6, 2016
Isn't it true that McDonald's doesn't rot or get moldy?

Yup, the basic stuff like fries and simple hamburgers indeed don't. That's without additional preservatives; it's simply the way it has been cooked, it is so free of water that microorganismens simply can't form colonies on it. (So any regular fries can be left in the open without molding...) If you want to get it moldy, just add a few drops of water and put it into a closed container and nature will follow its course.
I don't know if fancier burgers are like this too, because they can have more sauce (and therefore more moisture), but for the simple stuff it's definitely true; there was a little documentary on German television (on "Galileo" if anybody wonders) about this once where they actually tried it out.

It's not a restaurant but I once got a microwave burrito at a convenience store and heated it up and bit into it without looking, and it was so full of blue mold there wasn't any actual food left, and I gagged and spit it out and had to wash my mouth out with water for 10 minutes. Then I got a refund because it was months out of date.

Yuck. Reminds me of that time where I bough an packet of icecreams and noticed the outer package was sticky and partly yellowed but only after arriving home. One ice opened, it turned out to be a nightmare, looked like it melted and the rest refroze after that.
The worst part was that this stuff did not melt after I put it a few hours into the sink (because I didn't intend to soil my kitchen dustbin with molten shit).
 
Last edited:

StarvingAutist

Emperor of Aspergia
kiwifarms.net
Joined
May 16, 2016
As far as I am aware, the "real fruit smoothies" at fast food places are actually just this disgusting artificial white goop that they add these "flavor packs" made from puree to. I've actually seen what it looks like before adding the flavor pack...it looks like some kind of horrifying industrial solvent. Or like something they'd eat in a bad sci-fi movie.
 

Ntwadumela

That takes care of the cremation..
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
May 25, 2016
A friend of mine found a cockroach at the bottom of the nachos he ordered at an Applebee's, and has never gone there ever since.
He kept reminding me why not to suggest going there when we wanted to hang out somewhere with that story.
 

TheImportantFart

Breakin' Wind
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Aug 9, 2014
A guy I went to school with was eating with his family at a really expensive sushi restaurant. He bit into one of the rolls he ordered and felt an acute stabbing pain in his upper gum. He immediately spat it out and his dad looked at him like "what the fuck are you doing?". The guy reached up to feel his gum and pulled out a massive chunk of glass that had been embedded in the sushi roll.