Fast Food & Other Restaurant Horrors - Subtle Disgust to Literally Dangerous Mishaps

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Red Hood

Vote for me
kiwifarms.net
Walked into a small breakfast buffet, somewhere in the American south. Sat down with a friend, got a Coke. Looked down at the floor and what do I see but a cockroach dashing for one of the buffet islands. Before you could say "Raid" I was on my way out the door.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am somewhat amazed at the sheer cowardice of so many people whose major horror story is simply seeing some sort of insect in a restaurant.

Do you realize it's literally impossible to render any establishment at all completely impervious to the trillions and probably even quadrillions of insects that live in our world?

(I just got weird and looked it up. It's actually something like 10 QUINTILLION insects living in our world.)

Seriously, chill the fuck out, the mere sight of an insect isn't going to kill you.

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So the Rural Pillockshire Council does the "Rate My place" scheme where fast food, restaurants and other outlets let council health inspectors come in voluntarily and check stuff over, getting an idea of how well they keep, clean and handle food.

Pretty much everyone I go to is a solid 5, including a delightful 'greasy spoon sammich' shop where bread crumbs are usually everywhere (they cut the bread themselves) and there's usually a thin film of grease on every surface and everyone. So it gives you an idea of the rough standards.

But there's one place that looks clean but has a 3. On the surface everything looks clean, looks like it's been dealt with properly.

But you just wonder what they're doing.....

Bluewafflez

Breakfast meal and shy guy
kiwifarms.net
They closed down a McDonalds nearby a couple years ago, because literally everyone working there jizzed on the burgers.

Personally, my worst experience is when I got salmonella from a fried chicken place, that smelled like ass. I didn't really have any options since that was the only food joint near my work and I was starving.

Last edited:

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
Worked at a McDonalds during my teen years.

The had buckets of pickles, and I put my entire foot into one on accident...still served it up. They also didn't clean the ice cream machine and the floors were slick with grease.

That's the thing I hated the most was taking all that grease from the french fries vat out to the dumpster. Just made me feel unclean.

This was in middle-class suburbia. I kinda hate to think what goes on in the poorer sections.

UnsufficentBoobage

Atleast things I wanna fuck are 3D
kiwifarms.net
They closed down a McDonalds nearby a couple years ago, because literally everyone working there jizzed on the burgers.

Worked at a McDonalds during my teen years.

The had buckets of pickles, and I put my entire foot into one on accident...still served it up. They also didn't clean the ice cream machine and the floors were slick with grease.

That's the thing I hated the most was taking all that grease from the french fries vat out to the dumpster. Just made me feel unclean.

This was in middle-class suburbia. I kinda hate to think what goes on in the poorer sections.

This kinda puts it into perspective why Mcdonalds is considered a shithole in USA. Russian ones are better, one I worked at as my first job was UTTERLY ANAL about keeping everything clean, throwing away anything slightly damaged or suspected to be dirty and not letting roaches from the dumpster (it was located at gas station, so there was a disastorous dumpster in a viewing distance from it) get inside.

Florence

13/05/22
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So the Rural Pillockshire Council does the "Rate My place" scheme where fast food, restaurants and other outlets let council health inspectors come in voluntarily and check stuff over, getting an idea of how well they keep, clean and handle food.

Pretty much everyone I go to is a solid 5, including a delightful 'greasy spoon sammich' shop where bread crumbs are usually everywhere (they cut the bread themselves) and there's usually a thin film of grease on every surface and everyone. So it gives you an idea of the rough standards.

But there's one place that looks clean but has a 3. On the surface everything looks clean, looks like it's been dealt with properly.

But you just wonder what they're doing.....
You think that's bad? There's a pub in Herefordshire I've been to with my family a few times; food's always been great, it's got lots of customers, etc etc. Only when we've paid and are walking out does my brother turn around and notice that their hygiene rating is 1. My local kebab shop is a 4.

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You think that's bad? There's a pub in Herefordshire I've been to with my family a few times; food's always been great, it's got lots of customers, etc etc. Only when we've paid and are walking out does my brother turn around and notice that their hygiene rating is 1. My local kebab shop is a 4.

I might have a guess....

PuToTyra

kiwifarms.net
Go on... I bet some of the loyal ones are weird too?

I really don't want to share.

But sometimes people just come to...start shit. To blow off steam on cashiers. To insult and scream at other people for the heck of it.

They order food with only one intention-to make a scene. And maybe get a refund. But money is not their primary concern, they just feel like if they go to a brand like mcdonalds or kfc, they can scream and insult and mock and threaten the staff, and the corporate employees can't do shit to them, else they get fired by their corporate management. We were literally instructed to never argue with customers, and always agree with them, no matter how rude or unreasonable they are.

Shit like this doesn't happen in private little restaurants. They wouldn't dare to go to small private business and insult the owner. But a huge brand? Yeah, you go girl. And you may even get a free meal or two.

carltondanks

kiwifarms.net
i once went to a local pizza hut and found a bone inside my boneless chicken sandwich. whenever i bite onto a hard piece like a bone or gristle, I immediately lose my appetite.

edit: on closer inspection, i think the reason why i hate bone-in chicken is because my dad would hit me if i didn't eat his food. his cooking was shit, so that happened a lot

AlephOne2Many

the late nightmare special
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I went to the local hole in the wall I've been to since my single digit years, and it seems like its popularity is becoming its undoing. It was one of the last places to allow smoking before smoking was generally banned from the premises, that's okay because I don't want that shit fucking my food up and ruining that part of the day because I can taste someone else's exhaled fumes on my Turkey Melt. Anyways so this isn't that offensive of a story but, I feel like the lack of preparedness on the staffs part had probably doomed the next handful of YELP reviews into receiving constant backlash. They apparently disposed of a few really worn pieces of silverware due to metal chipping off of them, I can understand that but when they said a "few" were missing, apparently six other parties were waiting for their silverware and other utensils (including me) even after they got their food. But my dad had waited fifteen minutes to get his coffee refilled, and my food was almost cold by the time we got our utensils.

Again this isn't what usually happened at the Pioneer, but it was clearly understaffed for the lack of vacancy and an ever-growing waiting line.