Here are some interesting clothing trends I see in FA circles:Tangentially related to the current convo: Why do all the Fat Acceptance Movement people have terrible fashion sense? I've seen fat people who dress decently and know how to present their body in a flattering way. Yet so many of the FAM seem to want you to accept them as they are, but insist on wearing clothes one or two sizes too small. They are proud and accepting of themselves but apparently not enough to buy clothes that fit and cover them properly.
- Retro style clothing with a modern twist. It’s funny this style is so popular with this crowd because most FA could not even fit into the largest size of actual vintage clothes.
- Alternative goth/punk clothing. You know those people that look like they haven’t changed their style since 2006? It’s the same as other people who are into alternative styles, except obese.
- Danger hair. There needs to be some way to draw attention away from being fat. It’s also used to look more unique and make up for lack of personality (at least as far as FA are concerned).
- Tattoos. This is also used to look more “unique” and edgy, despite tattoos being mainstream for the last few decades.
- Garish makeup. Used to complete any FA look. It’s all about the over lined lips, heavy eyeliner and odd lipstick choices.
- Revealing/too tight clothes. FA need to show how confident and comfortable they are with their bodies, which means showing lots of skin. The too tight clothes happen because of weight gain/not dressing in the right size. On top of this FA want others to find them sexy, so they think the best way to go about it is to dress like you’re going clubbing on a regular day.