Community Fat Acceptance Movement -

SAVE TWINKIE!

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That "study" is based on surveys aka self-reported data. People are notoriously shit at accurately tracking/reporting their calories and activity. Of course it got a lot of press though because it's reassuring millennials to think it's not your fault you're fatter than people in the 1980s.

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
The authors examined the dietary data of 36,400 Americans between 1971 and 2008 and the physical activity data of 14,419 people between 1988 and 2006. They grouped the data sets together by the amount of food and activity, age, and BMI.

They found a very surprising correlation: A given person, in 2006, eating the same amount of calories, taking in the same quantities of macronutrients like protein and fat, and exercising the same amount as a person of the same age did in 1988 would have a BMI that was about 2.3 points higher. In other words, people today are about 10 percent heavier than people were in the 1980s, even if they follow the exact same diet and exercise plans.
Interesting article, but I think some of the reasons for the disparity are probably faulty self-reporting as well as not accounting for as much incidental exercise in the 1980s and earlier (like kids walking back and forth to school or having paper routes or just playing outside, women and men doing rigorous housework instead of hiring out housecleaners and maintenance people, etc.). Little things that were more common in 1971 would help someone burn 50 or 100 calories here or there like hanging clothes out to dry instead of throwing them into a dryer, ironing, handwashing dishes, vacuuming with a heavy Hoover instead of running a Roomba, etc., and many people were doing those sorts of things multiple times a day. Further, how many women were in the workforce in 1971 versus 2008, and how many men shifted from active blue-collar jobs to white-collar jobs during that time period as well? There are so many variables at play. It seems the article wants to make fatter people passive victims by focusing on antidepressants, hormones in meat (which is rather overblown imo), and artificial sweeteners.

I think if a cohort of people were selected to live an early 1970s lifestyle full of everyday activity and standard homemade food, most would drop 10 pounds relatively effortlessly. This reminds me of the Supersizers Go... series:

Last edited:

LetThemEatCake

kiwifarms.net
Every study where they actually physically track everything that goes in a person's mouth and their exercise, then also ask them to record it and how much they move comes out to the same fact; people underestimate what they eat by a factor of iirc, a third, and overestimate how much they exercise by half.

The premise of the UK show Secret Eaters was just this - get some people who cannot understand why they are fat, get them to report what they eat, while secretly filming their every move to reveal they were pigging it at every opportunity and lying through their teeth about it, or simply eating so mindlessly they didn't even realise how much food they really took it on a daily basis.

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
Every study where they actually physically track everything that goes in a person's mouth and their exercise, then also ask them to record it and how much they move comes out to the same fact; people underestimate what they eat by a factor of iirc, a third, and overestimate how much they exercise by half.

The premise of the UK show Secret Eaters was just this - get some people who cannot understand why they are fat, get them to report what they eat, while secretly filming their every move to reveal they were pigging it at every opportunity and lying through their teeth about it, or simply eating so mindlessly they didn't even realise how much food they really took it on a daily basis.
The Brits have the best shows. Also, I actively track my food every day on Cronometer or My Fitness Pal and still fall into this trap, and I know that sometimes I must accidentally underestimate the calories in things I do log, especially non-chain restaurant entrees.

Quote from Sonalee's new video about how not being attracted to fatties isn't a sexual preference, it's fatphobia.

" So my challenge to you is, don’t hide behind the excuse of sexual preference, if you’re going to tell me the list of reasons why you don’t date x person for y reasons, just name it for what it is, say that you’re fatphobic, say that you’re anti-Black, say that you’re dealing with a certain kind of racism against a certain nationality or ethnicity. Let me know that you’re xenophobic, let me know that you’re transphobic, let me know that you’re struggling with misogyny, let me know that you don’t date people with addiction because you’re really affected by addiction stigma, let me know that you’re whorephobic and that you don’t date sex workers. Let me know that you’re anti-Native and you don’t date indigenous people, let me know that you don’t date people who are not upper-caste, Hindus, let me know that you’re actually a really elite classist and you don’t date poor people, let me know that you’re actually super ableist and that’s why you don’t date disabled people, let me know that you’re super-duper islamophobic and that is why you don’t date Muslims. Don’t hide behind the sexual preference label, don’t hide behind this understanding that you are hardwired to not be attracted to Muslims."

Link to full video/transcript

It's really not this deep Sonalee!!! For someone who claims they exist outside the gender binary she is dead set on enforcing binaries on everyone else. Not wanting to be in a relationship with a sex worker does not mean you are "whorephobic" (jesus fucknig christ), it doesn't mean you hate them, you just don't want to have sex with them! Why is she so salty that no one wants to fuck her??
Not wanting to date a person with an addiction is not "addiction stigma." It's common sense to not want to get involved with someone, set out on self destruction. You would have to be insane or an enabler to date someone with an addiction.

LetThemEatCake

kiwifarms.net
Not wanting to date a person with an addiction is not "addiction stigma." It's common sense to not want to get involved with someone, set out on self destruction. You would have to be insane or an enabler to date someone with an addiction.
The suggestion is nobody's sexual preferences, attractions or lack thereof should ever be respected, because people's sexual choices are by nature deeply political and therefore many of them are wrong and if you have the wrong politics, you need to be punished, or perhaps reeducated. By Sonalee, or some equally deranged fat brown lump with identical beliefs, of course.

She's about a hair all the way through that screed of suggesting people who don't want to date someone they simply find physically unattractive, or religiously/culturally incompatible, be shoved into a camp and lectured and beaten daily until they agree to fuck whoevern she deems politially correct. Such as super-morbidly obese, utterly insane hams like her.

The whole issue of consent is missing from all this. Odd, for a so-called sexual therapist. Not odd for a SJW lunatic at all, though. Consent is for me, and not for thee, if thee falls on the wrong end of the progressive stack, or is simply someone who doesn't want to fuck them for love or money. They are always entirely self-serving in the final analysis, despite their claim to be more invested in social justice. Social justice for Sonalee and her ilk means getting who and what they want without having to earn any of it.

She's like a cult leader whose primary goal is to design a belief system that means they get to fuck all the followers when and if they wish and the followers can't really object because objecting means they're committing a sin. Except thankfully Sonalee is so transparent, uncharismatic and physically offputting she hasn't got a hope in hell of accomplishing this.

Last edited:

Ogg66

kiwifarms.net
But But thats a bigoted sense, in all things now to be most woke you have to go with those you would avoid as not to be a bigot, so you must go with a smack addicted 500lb plus troon who has severe violent outbursts, you or I normal people do not have a choice in it. Actually if not going with a waste of space looser who has no self-regard makes me a bigot then I will wear that badge as it means fuck all any more.

ricecake

kiwifarms.net
New TikTok video from Anna. In this video Anna says that she might be "Asexual" or "Demisexual." She must be doing this to for attention. However, with how fat she is, I don't doubt that she has little to no sex drive.

Link to video: https://www.tiktok.com/@glitterandlazers/video/6746022633139080454?langCountry=en
Maybe she reads the Farms and saw the speculation that she is a virgin lol.

The comments on that are pretty mixed. Could it be that tweens are cynical of the "Alphabet People"? Is there light at the end of this goddamn tunnel?

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
WTF does 'demisexual' even mean? Fucking millenials and their nonsense terms. NOBODY CARES, Anna.
It means needing to befriend a person & getting to know them before having sex.

There is also demigirl/demiboy but apparently that's something different. I don't want to know what it means. It's just more dumb snowflake shit.

LetThemEatCake

kiwifarms.net
Demi means half so, they're suggesting that preferring to know someone a bit before you fuck them makes you 'half' sexual, where as anyone who will fuck someone they don't know well is by implication more sexual, fully sexual?

Odd understanding of sex.

I suspect these terms are used by people who are simply unfamiliar and deeply uncomfortable with sex in all its forms and thus it has become a theoretical thing for them only, more talked about and used to cover for the fact they are simply virgins, inexperienced or deeply, seriously uncomfortable with the idea. People who have sex don't need to put weird, offputting, opaque labels on themselves like this. Tumblr shut-ins whose sexual knowledge is limited to anime tropes on the other hand ...

Koresh

Vernon Wayne Howell
kiwifarms.net
It means needing to befriend a person & getting to know them before having sex.

There is also demigirl/demiboy but apparently that's something different. I don't want to know what it means. It's just more dumb snowflake shit.
Asexual = no sexual attraction, but apparently you can still jerk off, fuck, and want to fuck because it's a "spectrum". Called Grey Asexuals which means fuck all except avoid this nutter like the plague.

Demisexual = needs to have a close emotional bond before any sexual attraction can arise. AKA Madonna-Whore complex the orientation. AKA "I'm not like those sluts with their tits out! I'm a deep snowflake!"

Demiboy/demigirl = nonbinary, but leaning toward male or female. Usually because a dude likes putting on nail polish and a girl doesn't, thus they're apparently a new gender. AKA "I'm not like the other girls! I'm special!"

Captain Ahab

kiwifarms.net
People have no idea what a healthy serving size is anymore. I know people who cook an entire family-size bag of pasta and just take as much as they want, with no control whatsoever. When I suggest weighing out portions, they get angry and defensive.

As a society, we’re beyond fucked. The more fat we become, the harder it will be to go back to normal. Fat parents raise fat kids. Fat friends sabotage diets. Fat couples are crabs in a bucket to each other.

LetThemEatCake

kiwifarms.net
People have no idea what a healthy serving size is anymore. I know people who cook an entire family-size bag of pasta and just take as much as they want, with no control whatsoever. When I suggest weighing out portions, they get angry and defensive.
Yep. Portion sizes are a huge factor in all of this. I've noticed kids who are obese tend to get given adult-sized portions of dinners early on. It's either parents equate food with love or are simply entirely ignorant of how much to feed a child. As dog mongler pointed out a few pages ago, once a lot of kids are overweight, that becomes the 'normal' kid to the eye and parents balk at accepting that the kid has a weight issue and is anything other than normal.

Portion sizes have gone skywards in recent years in the UK. When I visted the US for the first time in the early 00s, I could not finish a meal and ate once a day, the portions were so incredibly huge compared to what I was used to. Now restaurants, fast food places etc are beginning to catch up - they're not quite American sized portions here yet, but what is considered normal seems to get bigger every few years. This is turn influences what people serve themselves at home. Which shapes their expectation re: portions when they eat out. Vicious circle.

As for the pasta thing, one of our cows, SierraSchultzie, made a 'eating serving sizes for a whole day!' video last week. which was a comedy unto itself. The comments are full of people exclaiming that the serving size of pasta (56g) is OMG insanely small and at least 100g is normal. Yeah, it's small when dry and weighed out, but i'ts quite calorific, once cooked it expands, and when you add sauces, vegetables, meat or other proteins which should be the main part of the meal, it's enough, especially if you're sedentary as most people are. I weigh mine, 50g a meal, which according to Sierra's followers is tantemount to starvation. Perhaps because they eat pasta as comfort food without vegetables and protein to fill them up, just sugary and creamy jarred sauces? a 100g portion of dried pasta is 400 calories or so iirc. When they add the creamy sugary sauces to it, and sides like bread, you end up with a very calorific meal.

As a society, we’re beyond fucked. The more fat we become, the harder it will be to go back to normal. Fat parents raise fat kids. Fat friends sabotage diets. Fat couples are crabs in a bucket to each other.
It's where the equation of 'real women' with fat women instead of just marking the difference between reality and airbrushed, shopped and pro-lit images in media comes from. Areas where everyone, even kids is at least a bit overweight, so nobody really knows anyone much who looks really, properly healthily slim, let alone media or model slim, which is usually teetering close to the underweight marker.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino