Dramacow Fat Guy Across America / FGAA / Eric Hites and Angie Hites (nee Atterbury) - In which a morbidly obese scam artist crowd funded a year+ vacation.

kcbbq

No controlling legal authority
kiwifarms.net
Ow! Mah derailleur!
All I can think of is he fell, dropped the bike against something, or had it leaning and down it went onto the drive side. The scuff on the tire backs that up.

Never lean a bike against anything with the possibility of it falling. Even a Walmart level bike like that. It's still $10-15 for that front derailleur, and at least that if you need someone to install it, and the front's the cheapest drive train component. Even if it's a junker you should respect your tools if you want them to do their job.

I want to live in a world where he pulls his head out of his ass and surprises everyone - pulling that trailer with that bike shaped object all the way to the Pacific. That'd be awesome, but he's a jackass. I would fly to Palm Springs to meet him when he got there and ride up US74 over the mountain, past all of the crotch rockets racing Ferarris down the mountain with him. I probably wouldn't be alone. :optimistic::optimistic::optimistic::optimistic::optimistic::optimistic::optimistic:

toad_has_autism

Sperger Watchdog
kiwifarms.net
He's now begging for money, after stating he wasn't going to beg for money. Of course, while at the $119 a night Quality Inn suites in Palatka.

I'm sure you are wondering why I am asking for a little help financially right now when I had planned to not crowdfund in just use tshirt sales and Patreon to fund this trip.
Well, I thought I planned well, once I got here everything fell apart everything that could co wrong did. That was my fault, my planning was and is at fault. I'm listening now to a few experienced advisers from both supporter camp and what I would call the hater camp. That was the best way to explain that no offence intended.
Sure maybe things would be different if my laptop was working and my videos where going up as planned my patreon may have bloomed and more miles would have made it happen. All results again of my bad planning. I do take full responsibility for that and I am truly sorry.
I do think I am finally finding my feet out here and things will start going a bit smoother for me. I can only do my best. But yes, I do need your help a bit until I get patreon working and more miles that may drive tshirt sales.
So if you can help with a little to keep me going for repairs, food, etc until I get things moving I would be very grateful. Below is a link you can help.
Or you can send through Facebook payments.
http://www.fatguyacrossamerica.com/support

The care bears are giving him shit for it also.

You asked for money - let me tell you why I’m not giving and when I would give.

What I see is a guy who is incredibly adept at making excuses. And for those of us who have been successful and goal oriented in our private and personal lives, we see a poor opportunity to support success. Money follows success and doesn’t jump start success (that’s all you) - it follows incremental success. When you can’t even find the personal discipline to get up early and ride early to beat the heat, when you make a giant thing out of riding over a bridge, when you set your lugging a mind boggling large trailer full of stuff you don’t need, to those of us who might give, we dont see someone who has the necessary commitment to stop making excuses and to actually get it done. So the wallet stays closed.

I’m not playing the “fanboy” or “hater” game, I’m just telling you why I’m not giving now nor have in the past. Having raised a lot of money for charity, I can tell you that this is going to be an impediment for you in fundraising in general. So you might want to give that some serious thought if you want to make this happen. Success starts with you and you can get people to support you incremental success but you can’t get them to give to the sorta maybe promise of possible success down the road from someone who has no demonstrable track record of success.

So there is the straight talk from my wallet and me. I look forward to seeing you figure this out, get some real success under your belt, and demonstrating real personal discipline that gives me and other potential supporters some sense that this actually has some decent potential for success.

If you were me, what I’d do is go home. Get some serious counseling about personal responsibility and identifying your excuse generating behaviors. I’d get to work on weight loss under close medical supervision and lose a major amount of weight to demonstrate that “you’re in it to win it”, I’d organize sponsorships and get the right equipment to get it done. And then I’d make it my mission to demonstrate personal accountability, no excuse making and go with the idea of being a true inspiration to others. That’s how I’d do it, and I’d get it done. I’m not sure is another way, but I’m open to the possibility.

Anyhow, that’s why I’m not giving

--------------

First: stop calling people who are offering critical advice “haters.” It doesn’t create a good positive vibe if you know what I mean.
Second, St. Augustine to Santa Barbara is 2700 miles. If you make 10 miles a day (which is NOT your current rate) it will take 270 days. Are you ready for that?
Third: If you are really going to do this, you need to get major sponsorships. 1) A bike sponsorship with a good bike (very strong and very light weight), not one off the shelf at Dick’s. And forget the trailer. You already weigh 450 lbs, you don’t need a single pound more. 2) A weight loss consultant sponsorship, someone who is willing to commit major effort to your physical wellness. 3)Some sort of media sponsorship, not some DYI Patreon thing. 4) Finally, good logistical support. Folks who really can help you with day-to-day life. This is NO VACATION, it is a JOB.
We want you to succeed, and more importantly, we want you to survive and live. All the best Fat Guy!

-----------------------------

I admire this frank and honest statement, albeit a little late in coming. I feel we need to be careful about labelling people offering their honest advise as Haters .... some of these individuals who have either been banned or had their comments deleted may have also been inclined to contribute to this effort at some stage but are now gone for good. It’s a Bad start but lets see All comments we need a balanced warts and all picture of what is happening. I have every intention to contribute but I’d like to see results ...... I admire your statement I would like to see ALL opinions / advice ..... yes delete genuinely rude comments

----------------------------------

It’s not the broken laptop that’s causing you not to get money. I think it’s really the lack of miles that you’re putting in each day needs to really increase. 4 miles a day and taking all day to get it done. Taking two or three days off in between each riding day. You’re not gonna lose weight that way.If you did that every day and increased a few miles every day every week and started putting in some really good miles people might start to support you. Staying in hotels every night is way too expensive. You have a new lighter tent you said you were going to camp. Just follow through and do what you say you’re going to do. Many people told you about the mistakes you were making before you left. Including me. That’s in the past deal with what’s going on. You can do it.

-----------------------------------------

Sell the laptop. YOU DONT NEED IT. Use that money plus the money you’ve saved in the past year for this & pay for it. It’s not expensive to sleep in a tent in someone’s yard-it’s free. You’ll only need money for food & drink & the occasional laundromat. You can spend $10 per day & do just fine. If it’s 100 day trip, you should have at least that in your savings as you prepared for the trip.

--------------------------------------------

I really tried to be supportive, but this is the second year I have followed you and nothing seems to have changed. You had time to plan this all out, know what the trouble spots were and PLAN. I am just curious why your trips need to set out from Florida? Why did you not regularly ride from your home daily to build up and be ready for such an undertaking. I wish you all the luck in the world, BUT go home and work all your problems out.....I can not afford to send you money....

19 days, 32.6 miles ridden overall or about 1.6 miles a day.
10 days no riding, 9 miles riding
Averaging around 3.8mph when moving, about 1 mph total including breaks on strava.
He also needs 2 more 20,000mah battery packs because one is not enough for him. Please report him for scamming donate.

5/13/19 - 0 miles, busy getting trailer hitched fixed again, and again, and again... found a couple to scam money and services from who is now paying to fix his trailer
5/12/19 - 6.5 miles, rode across a 40 foot high bridged, stayed at Comfort Inn suites in Palatka, fully supported sag without his trailer from a couple he is scamming from now
5/11/19 - 3.2 miles, stayed at hotel, paid for by couple he is now scamming
5/10/19 - 0 miles, stayed in hotel
5/9/19 - 6.2 miles, complained of no sleep, stayed in hotel
5/8/19 - 3.9 miles, slept on bench, harassed by cops
5/7/19 - 3.3 miles, slept on bench, so he claims
5/6/19 - 0 miles, hotel near St. Augustine
5/5/19 - 4.4 miles, stays in hotel on I-95
5/4/19 - 0 miles, to fix the trailer
5/3/19 - 2.4 miles, claims trailer hitch keeps breaking
5/2/19 - 0 miles
5/1/19 - 0 miles
4/30/19 - 0 miles, says he needs two more days to send home gear, so a total of 4 days needed
4/29/19 - 0 miles
4/28/19 - 0 miles, stays he needs two days to send home gear
4/27/19 - 2.7 miles, around St. Augustine stayed at hotel
4/26 - 0 miles, gets someone to drive him 30 miles south to St. Augustine
4/25/19 - 0 miles, Jacksonville hotel, says trailer is broke. Gets thrown out of gas station for panhandling, finally gets money for hotel
4/24/19 - arrives in Jacksonville, finds hotel to stay

Looks like Eric Hites just conned that elderly couple out of a couple more nights at the $119 Quality Inn suites in Palatka. Now his excuse is he needs the parts to repair his laptop to come in the mail so he can generate income from this youtube videos and can't produce those videos without a laptop. So he's been able to con them into fixing his trailer, fixing his bicycle, spending multiple nights in a hotel, and now this.

Sam Crooks laptop is needed for my video, no escaping that also need it to maintain my tshirt site. I've already got the part to fix it coming from home in a few days, but to sell it would not bring in much, its 8 years old or so
Some more Eric autism funnies

Now think about this, what am I doing everyday now even if.its not a ride day. I am moving, doing things I'm active. Im.getting sun, up during the day. Changes are being made my routine. I get stronger every.day. how can this be a.bad thing?
Responses..

Fat Guy Across America That’s exactly what you should’ve been doing for the last three years in Danville. Then maybe would have been in the physical condition to do this. With all due respect, you can barely walk across the room or do a few minutes on the treadmill without getting winded.

You might want to do this, but you’re not physically capable to do this. Plus you do not have the money, supplies, bike, etc. necessary.

-------------------

Why can't this bike across America be done from Indiana where, as other posters indicate, you'd have life's amenities and still do the miles? Demonstrate your local progress in a U.S. Map, then when you've done those miles and are looking and feeling great set off for California and ride the real trails back to the start.

---------------------------------

Fat Guy Across America Dude, "getting up during the day" is not a fitness goal, and I don't know why you had to go to Florida to achieve it. Does the sun not come up back home too? Can you not do this there for free?

-----------------------------------

Another zero for our 550 pound hero as he is busy working on getting his sun by the pool at the hotel that couple he suckered a few days ago. Would have been just cheaper for that couple to buy him a new trailer for his bike. Still using the excuse he needs parts for his laptop before he can move on so he can do youtube videos (why not just use your cellphone or GoPro fatty?)

5/14/19 - 0 miles, sunbathing at hotel, now claims he needs a few days for the parts for his laptop.
5/13/19 - 0 miles, busy getting trailer hitched fixed again, and again, and again... found a couple to scam money and services from who is now paying to fix his trailer
5/12/19 - 6.5 miles, rode across a 40 foot high bridge, stayed at Comfort Inn suites in Palatka, fully supported sag without his trailer from a couple he is scamming from now
5/11/19 - 3.2 miles, stayed at hotel, paid for by couple he is now scamming
5/10/19 - 0 miles, stayed in hotel
5/9/19 - 6.2 miles, complained of no sleep, stayed in hotel
5/8/19 - 3.9 miles, slept on bench, harassed by cops
5/7/19 - 3.3 miles, slept on bench, so he claims
5/6/19 - 0 miles, hotel near St. Augustine
5/5/19 - 4.4 miles, stays in hotel on I-95
5/4/19 - 0 miles, to fix the trailer
5/3/19 - 2.4 miles, claims trailer hitch keeps breaking
5/2/19 - 0 miles
5/1/19 - 0 miles
4/30/19 - 0 miles, says he needs two more days to send home gear, so a total of 4 days needed
4/29/19 - 0 miles
4/28/19 - 0 miles, stays he needs two days to send home gear
4/27/19 - 2.7 miles, around St. Augustine stayed at hotel
4/26 - 0 miles, gets someone to drive him 30 miles south to St. Augustine
4/25/19 - 0 miles, Jacksonville hotel, says trailer is broke. Gets thrown out of gas station for panhandling, finally gets money for hotel
4/24/19 - arrives in Jacksonville, finds hotel to stay

Last edited by a moderator:

8777BB5

Keep her Sexy and Straightforward
kiwifarms.net
He's back to smoking Camel cigarettes.

View attachment 761551View attachment 761552
Given he's smoking again, likes to eat and wants an easy way out of this, I think the best way to do this is to tell him that if he eats twenty loaded Mexican burritos and takes a smoke after the last one you'll pay off his debt. I have a feeling his problems will disappear in a burst of flame.

toad_has_autism

Sperger Watchdog
kiwifarms.net
I suspect he is also using ban evasion on paypal because his original email(s) got banned.

He's not hauling his trailer right now, someone is picking him up at roadside intersections and driving him to where ever he goes at night. That's why his MPH suddenly has gone up to nearly 4 mph.

The wormtrails and strava data prove this. He wouldn't be setting up camp right at the intersection of two roads where he ended.

Probably the same people who "fixed" his trailer are still shuttling him around.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
He's not hauling his trailer right now, someone is picking him up at roadside intersections and driving him to where ever he goes at night. That's why his MPH suddenly has gone up to nearly 4 mph.

The wormtrails and strava data prove this. He wouldn't be setting up camp right at the intersection of two roads where he ended.

Probably the same people who "fixed" his trailer are still shuttling him around.
How the hell does he have to cheat to ride 4 mph?

How the hell does anyone look at him riding 1 1/2 hours in a 9 1/2 hour session and take him seriously?

No joke, I've ridden more hours this week on my stationary bike while playing Madden than Eric has ridden this week.

Toohottotrot

kiwifarms.net
Given his dr phil espoise why hasnt he lost the weight(i know eating crap) been given or purchased a bike suitable for his weight and done a promotional deal? Whats the point of towing a trailer when you have a support vehicle? What about a gym membership with one of chains so he can warm up workout and promotional deal? Why cant he sleep in the support vehicle?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: ((CH3)2Hg)

toad_has_autism

Sperger Watchdog
kiwifarms.net
Given his dr phil espoise why hasnt he lost the weight(i know eating crap) been given or purchased a bike suitable for his weight and done a promotional deal? Whats the point of towing a trailer when you have a support vehicle? What about a gym membership with one of chains so he can warm up workout and promotional deal? Why cant he sleep in the support vehicle?
Right before he went on Dr Phil, he was hauling that trailer for weeks. When weighed on Dr Phil is weight as the same as it was when TV 29 in Philadelphia weighed him. In other words, he did all that cycling towing a heavy trailer and didn't lose a pound. When he quit in Texas, he hadn't lost a pound of weight period... When I toured, I ate 4,000 calories a day and lost 32 pounds in 23 days. If Eric would just eat 2,500 calories a day and did nothing but lie in the bed and shit, he would lose weight.

After the Dr Phil Show, they did come down with an RV for Angie to sag for him. But that's when the cheating started and Eric got rid of Spot device. All they did was drive the RV on the shoulder of the road, then used gpx software to edit and upload. No one ever saw Eric riding a bicycle from Alabama to Texas except for a few youtube climbs of him coasting down a hill that no doubt Angie dropped him off at the top of the hill. Even with the RV< they would spend weeks at hotel, like the one in Alabama they were at for 8 days

• Informative
Reactions: ((CH3)2Hg)

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Given he's smoking again, likes to eat and wants an easy way out of this, I think the best way to do this is to tell him that if he eats twenty loaded Mexican burritos and takes a smoke after the last one you'll pay off his debt. I have a feeling his problems will disappear in a burst of flame.
If he keeps smoking and getting fatter, the problem is going to take care of itself in a real hurry.

He's basically already on borrowed time for being so fat.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino