Fate/Extra and other older games in the series possibly being remastered - Now you can finally understand the memes

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net

So Type Moon made a Japanese and English Website for Fate which is really strange because why the hell would you make an English website for a game series that never really was brought over properly? You have the two Fate Extella games which are kind of ass and then you have Fate/Extra which was a PSP game(and also one of the last few PSP games released in America) and then CCC was never ported over to America.

Well it's looking like they want to dredge up their back catalog and bring shit over to America, we'll know more on July 22nd.

And before people go BUT MUH CENSORSHIP!!!!! Neither Extella game was censored and they're about on par with Extra for fan service(and Extella/Link was released in 2019). The PS2 and Vita ports of Fate/Stay Night were also unchanged between versions.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
I have to admit, it would be really nice to have an actual legit release of F/SN over here, even if it was the console version without the H-scenes. Probably won't happen, but it would be nice.

Meanwhile, the Tsukihime remake...hopefully, someday. Preferably before I die. Please. I'll give you lots of money Type Moon.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I have to admit, it would be really nice to have an actual legit release of F/SN over here, even if it was the console version without the H-scenes. Probably won't happen, but it would be nice.

Meanwhile, the Tsukihime remake...hopefully, someday. Preferably before I die. Please. I'll give you lots of money Type Moon.
It would more than likely be the console ports without the hentai scenes, just from a technical standpoint. Bringing over the OG windows versions and getting it to run would be a nightmare. They had the same issues with Muv Luv where everything came from a time when there was no unified standard and shit was a fucking nightmare to untangle. Meanwhile the Vita port exists(which is a port of the PS2 game) and that can be brought over to modern hardware much easily.

• Agree

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
It would more than likely be the console ports without the hentai scenes, just from a technical standpoint. Bringing over the OG windows versions and getting it to run would be a nightmare. They had the same issues with Muv Luv where everything came from a time when there was no unified standard and shit was a fucking nightmare to untangle. Meanwhile the Vita port exists(which is a port of the PS2 game) and that can be brought over to modern hardware much easily.
Pretty much. I've always gotten the impression that Nasu wasn't all that fond of the H-scenes anyway, so I doubt it would be much of a priority even if it weren't way easier to just port the Vita version. And, well, if you've ever read F/SN, it isn't exactly like the sex scenes were the high point of the story, so it isn't the greatest loss.

Of course, that's assuming they'd bother bringing it over anyway. The game's super old and the fan translation has been around forever; I'm not sure how much of an audience a commercial release would really have nowadays. Then again, we did (eventually) get Muv Luv, so ya never know.

• Agree

Gravityqueen4life

Red Apple yumyum
kiwifarms.net
i was sad i never got to play CCC. i mean co mon, you get GIL as a servant (or i guess you are the servant in that relationship)! thats absolutely crazy!

also would give me an excuse to play extra again. never did play as caster.

• Agree

Ravana

TAKE WING YE SOULS OF WAR
kiwifarms.net
I liked Fate/Extra. I went in having no clue what the fuck it would be and was surprised.

Cantercoin

inexperienced artist
kiwifarms.net
Just 20 minutes ago Studio BB dropped this on their YouTube channel.
there's another stream for Extra Record at 20:00 JST too so about 7.5 hours from now

Last edited:
Reactions: albertbrown26

Cubanodun

Metal Synthpop Hero
kiwifarms.net
Just 20 minutes ago Studio BB dropped this on their YouTube channel.
there's another stream for Extra Record at 20:00 JST too so about 7.5 hours from now
Now you can see Shinji getting wrecked in glorious 1080p for the 100000000000000000 time

Edit for a little tip: if you come from FGO and pick Tamamo as your servant forget everything about how you play her here, her playstyle, skills and powers are totally different from FGO

Last edited:

Drakonnan

I'm working on it.
kiwifarms.net
Now you can see Shinji getting wrecked in glorious 1080p for the 100000000000000000 time

Edit for a little tip: if you come from FGO and pick Tamamo as your servant forget everything about how you play her here, her playstyle, skills and powers are totally different from FGO
Why not 4k?

Vapewizard

kiwifarms.net
I tried Fate/extra but I hated the battle system and didn't care about the weird cyber world lore-wise so I don't really care about this. It's nice for the people who do care, though.

Cabelaz

Hang ‘Em High.
kiwifarms.net
yay, more shit no one asked for.
Nero is literally saber with a fresh coat of paint!
The combat system has the depth of pokemon!
and almost 2 decades later no tsukihime remake.
I'm going to kill myself once the inevitable tsukihime x fgo event comes out

Tags
None