Fate/Grand Order aka Server Maintenance Simulator -

Cubanodun

Pixel Perfect Troll
kiwifarms.net
well there was not a thread and the community of the game is growing very fast so i decide to create a thread so people can sperg about this here, also GADDAMIT NASU BUY SERVERS

What is Fate/Grand Order?

copy pasting from the wikia

Fate/Grand Order (フェイト/グランドオーダー, Feito/Gurando Ōdā?) is an online RPG for iOS and Android. Referred to as the "Fate Online Project Reboot", it is a reboot of the original Fate/Apocrypha project that eventually became a novel series.
the game plays almost like Chain Chronicles with a little of Fire Emblem (the weakness triangle) you get your servants and wrekt skeletons and dragons, pass missions to get jewels use those jewels to summon better waifus/husbandos and repeat

in case you are wondering you dont need to know the lore to get into the game but it helps, for now there are 50 servants that you can get and some fags datamined the app to see that there are 50 mores including Florence Nightingale and Billy the kid

if you manage to join the preregister campaign you get this sweet waifu

The game right now is very infamous because the damn servers KEEP DYING everyday for no reason at all, Japan blames the dirty gaijins because the game doesnt require VPN to play it

Trailer

There is a Reddit with guides and everything you need to know to rekt skeletons with your waifus

also has his first meme

SASAKI KOJIROU GRAND SAVIOUR OF FRANCE

the joke is that in the second level you play in France in the age of Jeanne d'arc the maps are plagued with dragons that are Rider class and are weaks to assassins, Kojirou has a very strange set of skills that let him spam criticals and can practically rape dragons of very high level, even the final boss of the level without any effort, to the point that having him is almost required to pass that level (not almost but you NEED a assassin)

to download the app more easily just install QooApp, if you dont have a android device the game runs fine in Andy and in Bluestacks just dont reroll to much or you will get banned, the game will be in iOS #soon

My ingame id is 357038413 if you need a Caster cu chulain to REKT skeletons you can use him

Last edited:

Mystia

Spankety Spankety Spankety!
kiwifarms.net
Ah man FGO is getting really big, which is cool....
I got it on my phone directly on the first day, but sadly i was pretty unmotivated to continue the game any further, because well,
its japanese and i just can't play games i dont understand (me=storyfag). Maybe its time to learn japanese now...

Saw that there are several fantranslations planned, but dunno if they'll pull it through. Can i dream? Can i hope?

Also my first servant was saber!gilles de rais.

• Feels
Reactions: FunnY and Rin

Rin

Needlessly Bitchy Pigtails Girl
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really want to get into this, but I don't have a smartphone and I can't read Japanese. On the other hand, there's some sweet art of my husbando EMIYA-kun, so it might be worth it.

Super disappointed that they went with shota!Iskander, though. King of Bros was perfect the way he was.

Reactions: Buer and FunnY

Mystia

Spankety Spankety Spankety!
kiwifarms.net
I really want to get into this, but I don't have a smartphone and I can't read Japanese. On the other hand, there's some sweet art of my husbando EMIYA-kun, so it might be worth it.

Super disappointed that they went with shota!Iskander, though. King of Bros was perfect the way he was.
i think theres also FZ!Iskandar, im not sure though.
You can also play it with an emulator though!

Here a guide

but yeah the lack of japanese skills ruin it for me as well. Its some kind of RPG and kind of shitty if i cant appreciate the story

• Informative

Rin

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
i think theres also FZ!Iskandar, im not sure though.
You can also play it with an emulator though!

Here a guide

but yeah the lack of japanese skills ruin it for me as well. Its some kind of RPG and kind of shitty if i cant appreciate the story
Thanks for the link, I'll have to give it a shot.

Reactions: FunnY

Cubanodun

Pixel Perfect Troll
kiwifarms.net
Ah man FGO is getting really big, which is cool....
I got it on my phone directly on the first day, but sadly i was pretty unmotivated to continue the game any further, because well,
its japanese and i just can't play games i dont understand (me=storyfag). Maybe its time to learn japanese now...

Saw that there are several fantranslations planned, but dunno if they'll pull it through. Can i dream? Can i hope?

Also my first servant was saber!gilles de rais.
there are several fan translation but to get the gig of the history there is always the beast lair and the reddit that explain the lore, i dont know japanese and im blasting through france right now, i want my Kiyohime

You dont need a android device, you can use android emulators if you want or wait to the iOS version, oh and Emiya has several versions you can even use his Counter Guardian form, Broskandar appears in his adult form but its seem you have to ascend him from his shota form, dont worry Shota iskandar can kick ass too

Talking about broskandar yesterday in a infinite streak of luck i nailed Lord el melloi II aka Zughe Liang for some reason i always nail cards with 3 stars, he is one of the most powerful casters with 5 stars

this is the party to wipe daily quest it doesnt work in france because is infected by Rider class enemies and casters are weak to them

Cu Chulainn is the new Naka, he appears in all forms, there is going to be a Saber version of him and he appears as Lancer in two version F/SN version and prototype version

>still no Sasaki Kojirou GRAND SAVIOUR OF FRANCE

(:_(

• Informative

Rin

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Having played a bit - it's pretty sweet so far. I'm still in Fuyuki City, and I have Shielder, Jing Ke, Iskander, and Eric Bloodaxe for Servants. Can't comment on the story, but the gameplay is fun, and pretty dynamic. I'm like it slightly better than that of Extra. On the other hand, it loses points for lack of Archer snarking at me.

Random comments
  • Shielder's pretty adorable, though I prefer her casual outfit. It's really cute how she calls you Senpai.
  • I thought Saber Lily was an alt costume for Arturia? I've had her as an assist, and the voice acting sounds completely different. Huge disappointment.
  • Shota!Iskander is way more adorable than he has any right to be. I don't care if it's blatant fangirl pandering, I'm making him my leader.
  • It's probably unreasonable, but I'm wishing Takeuchi had done the character designs for all the Servants. Jing Ke's cool, but I don't like her art style nearly as well as Takeuchi's.
  • There is no way I'm going to be able to save up 40 gems in order to get 10 servants at a time. I just don't have that kind of patience.

Last edited:

FunnY

Shocked. As Shinoa would think.
kiwifarms.net
This thread is dead as fuck. We need more people playing FGO especially one with JP even though I'm on NA most often.

Also the rainbow gems for summons is very scarce so you legit have to save it up and use it for the favorite Fate servant you want.

Cubanodun

Pixel Perfect Troll
kiwifarms.net
This thread is dead as fuck. We need more people playing FGO especially one with JP even though I'm on NA most often.

Also the rainbow gems for summons is very scarce so you legit have to save it up and use it for the favorite Fate servant you want.
Im still playing FGO JP and making all of my IRC salty because i keep pulling SR and SSR servants by mere luck ,one of my friends wasted 100$ on Merlin and i got him with a ticket and recently he wasted 50 on semiramis and i pulled her with a mere 1 roll, very funny considering i was playing without a SSR assassin for almost 2 years (i got King hassan in his second gacha)

Saving quartz and whaling are discouraged because the rates are abysmal only pay for the guaranteed gacha that i have been unable to use because this shithole doesnt let me

If you need help with the rerun of KnK in JP add me to the FL i have almost all the CE from last time and my Shiki is maxed (she was my only good assassin until i got king hassan)

Last edited:
  • Agree

FunnY

kiwifarms.net
The only thing I got out of FGO NA since I mostly use Scathach, Mordred, Jack, and Brynhild. Also working on Cu Chulainn since I been playing it for few months.

For JP, I only got Carmilla and Cu. Got Caesar but never used him. The only good difference about me playing JP for the first time was that the battle animations are more cooler to watch than the generic fights that haven't got updated.

Carmilla

kiwifarms.net
Huh, interesting...usually such necro-posting is a mortal sin...nice to know that it's not-so-much here.

Anyway, hello FGO-Addicts-Anonymous, I am, as you can likely tell just by looking at me, an FGO-addict. A year ago, I promised myself I wouldn't get too involved in these sorts of games. And now, look at me. I'm playing this freemium game, with buying the resident premium currency, justifying it to myself with rationalizations like "It's not really any different than Magic: The Gathering...it's actually quite fun...I'm legitimately enjoying it...my bank statements are fine...so, no problem, right?" And, in a very real way, I'd argue it's not. It's a ultra-nerdy hobby, a fun game. And that's all.

In short, as long as you feel like you're getting out of it what you're putting into it, it's fine. Just don't forget the sunk cost fallacy is...well...a fallacy.

(Incidentally, yes, Carmilla is my favorite of the Servants I have...but my absolute-favorite Servent, of all those released since the JP servers first went online? It's a secret :P. A girl's gotta have some mystique, especially a vampiress like me!)

Cubanodun

Pixel Perfect Troll
kiwifarms.net
The only thing I got out of FGO NA since I mostly use Scathach, Mordred, Jack, and Brynhild. Also working on Cu Chulainn since I been playing it for few months.

For JP, I only got Carmilla and Cu. Got Caesar but never used him. The only good difference about me playing JP for the first time was that the battle animations are more cooler to watch than the generic fights that haven't got updated.
JP has the advantage to years and years of updates, Carmilla after her updates became good, she is one of the best SR assassins on the meta because she is one of the few that is buster,Caesar has the problems to be a Quick oriented saber, so he suck, badly, the only servant that use quicks efficienty are Jack and Jeanne D'arc alter, you can pump the quick with osakabehime but she is... well she is a SSR assassin without any offensive capabilities and the pool of SSR assassins that are not limited is her and Jack so people prefer Jack

(Incidentally, yes, Carmilla is my favorite of the Servants I have...but my absolute-favorite Servent, of all those released since the JP servers first went online? It's a secret :P. A girl's gotta have some mystique, especially a vampiress like me!)
Is Vlad isnt? his berseker version

FunnY

kiwifarms.net
Is Vlad isnt? his berseker version
I'm not usually a fan of using Vlad Berserker version whenever I use him as support. Sure he can he put in a Arts performance team, but using his NP hardly does any dmg unless you are using his just to gain some crit stars.

Though I do use my SRR Jack more often because crits are a huge necessity imo. Only problem about her is her atk may be decent, but it's still a low dmg output unless put against Rider enemies. NP for her is also spammable.

Cubanodun

Pixel Perfect Troll
kiwifarms.net
I'm not usually a fan of using Vlad Berserker version whenever I use him as support. Sure he can he put in a Arts performance team, but using his NP hardly does any dmg unless you are using his just to gain some crit stars.

Though I do use my SRR Jack more often because crits are a huge necessity imo. Only problem about her is her atk may be decent, but it's still a low dmg output unless put against Rider enemies. NP for her is also spammable.
He has the bad luck to not be a member of the Meme buster team, seriously almost everything changed when Merlin was implemented, he is so broken that having him and El Melloi II maxed is almost mandatory to all the Challenge quest, he got redeemed halfway with a Skill upgrade (Shapeshift became Legend of Dracula) that let him pump a little more juice to his attacks

FunnY

kiwifarms.net
He has the bad luck to not be a member of the Meme buster team, seriously almost everything changed when Merlin was implemented, he is so broken that having him and El Melloi II maxed is almost mandatory to all the Challenge quest, he got redeemed halfway with a Skill upgrade (Shapeshift became Legend of Dracula) that let him pump a little more juice to his attacks
I'll retract about Vlad Berserker. He's a bit more decent if he's a bit more buffed when doing interlude quests for him, but him on the arts team sort of lacks it. I could be wrong. Also, when people use Merlin and El Melloi II, it makes the game more and more easier pairing up with Jeanne Alter, Raikou, or Cu Alter considering they're decent af in Buster teams.

Cubanodun

Pixel Perfect Troll
kiwifarms.net
I'll retract about Vlad Berserker. He's a bit more decent if he's a bit more buffed when doing interlude quests for him, but him on the arts team sort of lacks it. I could be wrong. Also, when people use Merlin and El Melloi II, it makes the game more and more easier pairing up with Jeanne Alter, Raikou, or Cu Alter considering they're decent af in Buster teams.
Pretty much, Jeanne Alter is a Critical spammer machine, but if you want to spam her you need to swap El Melloi for someone that can generate critical stars, ironically her best pair is Jack to the point that is a meme in japan and you will see lots of fan arts of both of them together, Raikou can easily wipe out a round of enemies if you pump her with Hero Creation (Merlin third skill) shame that her third skill is very situational (she is in the gimick tier, aka she only works at her full potential in certains situations), Cu alter has the advantage to have lot of Hits in his animations and the survivality perks of all the Cu but he lack any kind of buff to power him up that is why he is 1 tier lower than Raikou and Kintoki

Im going to leave a little F.A.Q here so people that watch this thread get interested in the game

Is the game hard to non japanese players?

Lol no, the game in JP has a very intuitive interface and if you begin right now you are going to have all the cool perks that we day players 1 lacked back in the day, USA has the perks except servant interludes, to put a example back in the day we did not have fast forward, could not cancel enemy deaths animations, could not speed up battles and could only use 1 type of servants as support, now you can use all of the classes, heck we did not even get a free SR until the first Gilgamesh gacha, that option was added because Chinese rerollers were destroying the servers every single time to roll a SSR or SR because it was very hard ,my first servant was Boudica a R servant did not get a SR until they decided to give us Artoria Lilly, she vas a preregister gift and she came very late

The only problem that maybe is going to hurt you are spoilers and missing all the events that give you wellfare servants like right now we have the Kara no kyokai rerun that give you Ryogi Shiki Assassin one of the most solid Assassins in the game ,her first skill Mystic eye of death perception at maxed put a
100% instant death debuff rate and buff her arts cards, her NP cause instant death, a dragon rider with 200k of hp is bothering you? Shiki can ONE HIT KILL HIM

Do you really need rare characters to actually enjoy the game?

Not really, the key to sucess is just to know what servant do what and what can you do with your actual roster, every servant is useful in their own way, memorize their skills and the extra effects that their noble phantasm have, experiment with them in Ember gathering or Skill gems missions, dont have Merlin but you need a healer? use Hans Andersen, his NP is good, can heal a lot and he is a N servant you can get for free in the FP gacha, Need a good offensive Saber but you dont have money to roll the King of knights? Use Bedivere, his NP and skill set make him almost as good as any Saberface and you can even get a copy of him for free when you finish the Camelot singularity

Do you need to waste shitload of money to git gud?

No, and i can prove it even money is not going to save you because the rates are terrible and this is not Granblue where you get pity rolls, there was the story about a guy that wasted shitload of money from his parents, 100k $ trying to get Scathach and failed, after he was kicked from his house he went to a convenience store to get more prepaid cards poor bastard, and there was another i think a guy from phillipines that wasted 10k on merlin, got jackshit

Screenshot_2018-02-19-18-25-33.png

In my group some people wasted like 50-100 bucks on Ishtar and Merlin,i got both with tickets, and no i dont have a SSR berserk

(Yes maxing Mash is a must)

If you really REALLY feel the need to waste money wait until the guaranteed gacha comes, you only need to spend 30 $ on it and give you a 10-roll that guarantee you a random SSR servant, i have never managed to use it because this shithole doesnt let me pay with banana country coins, remember to use American dollars if you are using google play cards or the prepaid cards from apple, some guy in the irc tried to use a google play card in mexican pesos and did not manage to buy quartz

Is this game very grindy?

Depends, if you dont want to max skills for your servants that is a very intensive grinding process then no, but i heavily recommend to at least take them to max level so you can use all of their skills

Do i need to know the lore/being a typemoon fag to enjoy it?

No, but if you got to this point is almost confirmed that you are a weebo

Tips for begginers?

1. learn to use all your R and N servants, you probably are not going to see a SSR in a long LONG time
2. max level Cu chulainn lancer and caster, both are easy to obtain in the fp gacha
3. max level Sasaki Kojirou, LIKE REALLY MAX LEVEL HIM or France is going to rape you
4.learn what every Craft essence can do, and put it to a servant that need it (for example put Limit Over Zero in a Buster oriented servant for maximum benefits
5. save materials, you are going to need them for ascensions
6. Bersekers are not the solution to everything, they are very glass cannon and only SSR are worth the invesment dont expect to wipe enemies with Kiyohime or Lu bu because the computer is a bastard and always aim for them
7. Max level shielder, believe it or not she is actually VERY good, you get her for free, she become SR in camelot,her skills are very good to hold the line, she can tank np like the pros and NO ONE has a advantage against her not even Bersekers, remember unless you wasted shitload of money on the Foreigner class (new class good vs bersekers) you will need her to grind Berseker nods in events, she is a god send in raids like Onigashima and her skills are cheap to level up
8. Dont be dissapointed, the gacha is going to rape you, hard, everyone has a streak of bad luck in this game and wasting money doesnt help
10. Do your best in events: if you dont like to grind like a maniac for materials events are the best way to replenish your stock and always try to get the wellfare servants, the Santa servants (Artoria Alter, Jeanne Alter Lilly, Altera the sunta) are very good and you can get them very easily

• Informative

REGENDarySumanai

Man of excellent taste
kiwifarms.net
JP player here, recently rolled Shuten-Douji and I plan on pumping her with emblems and place her in my back row with Abigail Williams and Waver.

Cubanodun

Pixel Perfect Troll
kiwifarms.net
JP player here, recently rolled Shuten-Douji and I plan on pumping her with emblems and place her in my back row with Abigail Williams and Waver.
Shuten-Douji is one of my dream rolls, i have failed three times to obtain her (:_( i even have all of her ascension and skill materials saved

• Feels
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino