Favorite Burger Place?

JFKdestroyer

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For chains, Culver's and In-N-Out are the best I've had.

Definitely had better burgers at other places though.

I'm moving from a Culver's area to an In-N-Out area, so I'm not sure if I should be sad or excited. They're both good. Culver's has a special right now that's fantastic, I'll probably try to stop there a few more times before I leave in a few days.

I ate at Whataburger once when I was in the Dallas airport and wasn't wildly impressed. Tasted kinda like the burgers at a restaurant near my work. I'd go back though.

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Culver's is my favorite by a mile. After living near In-N-Out for a decade I just never thought they were any better than A&W or Five Guys. But Culver's, man, that shit is amazing. The right kinda greasy, fresh, crisp veggies, amazing onion rings and their custard shakes are fucking divine.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've enjoyed Jake's myself, particularly their Cheesy Burger. I also find that Dairy Queen even has a good burger herself at a decent price when you don't have the staff put condiments on her and you do it yourself. In-N-Out and Fuddrucker's are also honorable mentions.

My gran's burger is my favorite though, since my grandmother has a finesse with cooking onions and mushrooms that perfectly compliments the meat and cheese. Hell, Onions, Mushrooms, and cheese. Good combo.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
My favorite local burger joint has to be Big Daddy. While I've never had the pleasure to eat a real American burger in the US, I reckon this can't be that far off from the real deal:
http://etterem.hu/big-daddy-burger-bar/gallery
1434627091-3806.jpg

1392735263-1840.jpg

12552886_741355096001769_5595155984408387408_n.jpg

10409055_622788047858475_4134287866006250952_n.jpg

16473336_964728800331063_1192438444160653946_n.jpg

JSGOTI

Just Some Guy On The Internet
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Those burgers look spot-on for the most part, but not this one. The patty is anemic, and I think someone put carrots on it.
I think thats coleslaw?
Don't have a lot of great burger places in the area, but 5 Guys is always a solid option if you want to eat enough fries to make you hate yourself for a while.
There's a small restaurant out by the lake that serves a giant burger that feeds three people, it's pretty great as well. BUT, not something to ever get alone.

conidia'95

the lurker
kiwifarms.net
not a burger place but a bar that serves high quality burgers. the restaraunt franklins in maryland u.s.a is the best! they uses high quality beef from norther maryland plus carmalized onions on a thick juicy burger are delicious. plus they make sure their burgers are literally juicy.

Save Goober

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Those burgers look spot-on for the most part, but not this one. The patty is anemic, and I think someone put carrots on it.
That patty is embarrassing. If the patty doesn't come within like 10% of the bun, why even eat it? You are just eating bread and some condiments at that point.
There are exceptions for the patty sliding to the back of the bun, which it's slightly doing here, but I don't think that really accounts for this discrepancy. The bun to meat ratio is totally off.
It looks like they made homemade coleslaw, which is good, but they included spiralized carrots. Putting carrots on a burger is stupid, even if it's in coleslaw.
The bun itself looks fine. They toasted it underside which is a good sign.

tl;dr Don't cook flat patties well done (is there even another way to even cook them? smh) and don't put carrots on your burger, under any circumstances, no one ever wants that who is a human. And don't use bacon to hide your flaws.

conidia'95

the lurker
kiwifarms.net
nope franklins burgers are better the lettuce looks like crap that subway style lettuce.

Need slightly bitter lettuce to make a good burger

ShittyRecolor

kiwifarms.net
Huh, you're right! I actually wanted to include another picutre instead of that one, looks like it somehow slipped in. This is what I get for surfing Kiwi Farms when I'm sleepy.

Male Idiot

Das rite!
kiwifarms.net
Huh, you're right! I actually wanted to include another picutre instead of that one, looks like it somehow slipped in. This is what I get for surfing Kiwi Farms when I'm sleepy.

Those are some nice burgers! How do their prices compare to McDonalds? Yeah, McDonalds is shittily expensive in Hungary.

ShittyRecolor

kiwifarms.net
Those are some nice burgers! How do their prices compare to McDonalds? Yeah, McDonalds is shittily expensive in Hungary.
Glad you like them! The prices for McDonalds seem to be about the same as the ones in the US with the exception of the most basic burgers (ham, cheese, pork, chicken, etc), which cost the epuivalent of 0.85$ instead of 1.25$. Even though people frequently eat at them, I'd consider their meals to be still overpriced considering their dull taste and how they barely fill your stomach (not to mention the obviousl salary differences between the two countries).

Big Daddy, however, as a lot more of a bag-for-your-buck feel, considering how much better the food is. You can get a patty with 0.35 lbs of beef and 0.45 lbs of patty for about 4$ worth of forints. I could eat two or three big macs in a row, and they wouldn't keep me full for half the time the aforemention burger does (not to mention possible fits of vomiting). And then there are the giant burgers with 0.72 pounds of meat you can get for 6.82$:
12391223_1139613232730385_4715580498207935354_n.jpg

Here are some more pictures (guaranteed nice ones this time):
http://burger.blog.hu/2013/09/02/bpburger_71_big_daddy_burger_bar

Male Idiot

Das rite!
kiwifarms.net
Glad you like them! The prices for McDonalds seem to be about the same as the ones in the US with the exception of the most basic burgers (ham, cheese, pork, chicken, etc), which cost the epuivalent of 0.85$ instead of 1.25$. Even though people frequently eat at them, I'd consider their meals to be still overpriced considering their dull taste and how they barely fill your stomach (not to mention the obviousl salary differences between the two countries).

Big Daddy, however, as a lot more of a bag-for-your-buck feel, considering how much better the food is. You can get a patty with 0.35 lbs of beef and 0.45 lbs of patty for about 4$ worth of forints. I could eat two or three big macs in a row, and they wouldn't keep me full for half the time the aforemention burger does (not to mention possible fits of vomiting). And then there are the giant burgers with 0.72 pounds of meat you can get for 6.82$:
12391223_1139613232730385_4715580498207935354_n.jpg

Here are some more pictures (guaranteed nice ones this time):
http://burger.blog.hu/2013/09/02/bpburger_71_big_daddy_burger_bar

Nice, thanks. So 1750 forints for the biggest one?

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I ate at Whataburger once when I was in the Dallas airport and wasn't wildly impressed. Tasted kinda like the burgers at a restaurant near my work. I'd go back though.
Airport branches of chain restaurants are often a step down in quality, because they have a captive audience and don't need to worry about attracting repeat custom. My brother works as a chef for a chain of pubs, and sometimes they get staff transferred over from the airport. He spends most of his time yelling at them for doing stuff like dropping food and then putting it back on the plate.

Anyway, on-topic, my favourite burgers actually come from a pub in West London. Great toppings, but plenty of meat, cooked properly. I hate it when you get a burger with a lot of fancy toppings and then you can't taste the patty, especially when it's really good meat.

Burgers are one of the only things I can cook really well. I'm a pretty crap cook, but making burgers is my one superpower. They're the only thing where people ask for seconds, put it that way.

ShittyRecolor

kiwifarms.net
Nice, thanks. So 1750 forints for the biggest one?
Oh, my bad, I think I've messed up a bit.
Depending on the type of burger, you can get the one with 0.49 lbs of beef for 1200-2300 forints. Their biggest one though, with two steaks each weighing 20 dkg\0.44 pounds, costs 2900 forints ($10.09). Sorry about that.

Elwood P. Dowd

kiwifarms.net
Place in Manchester, Connecticut called Shady Glen has the most amazing cheeseburgers I've ever tasted.

Unfortunately their fries are on par with the frozen ones that come in baggies from Wal-Mart. Can't have everything, I guess.

CottonKitty

Sneaky Sneaky Snek
kiwifarms.net
My favorite is Fat Burger. Their burgers are delicious and they have tasty sweet potato fries.

The Sourdough Region

So what? No fucking ziti now?
kiwifarms.net
I would say that my favorite burger joint would have to be a chain called Cook-Out. As far as I know they're mostly in the Southern US. I wouldn't call them fancy, but you get what you pay for and their shakes are to die for. I do have to say though that Culver's is fantastic (only been once though).