Favorite Food of the Moment -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
Like a song or a movie or a plot to a TV show these things get stuck in our heads. What is it RIGHT NOW that is humming the chorus in the back of your mind.

My thing right now is Zip Trip gas station coffee. But it's your normal cup of truck stop joe. I fell into this one backwards as I am very much a Folgers black no sugar who gives a fuck kinda dude. I make fun of people who go to expensive coffee shops and buy caffeinated milkshakes. But Boyd's Coffee Highlander Grogg won me over when I stumbled into it when their regular trucker mud was unavailable. Holy shit is it good. Vanilla, Carmel, and Brandy extract. And it smells really nice. Really really nice. Just carry a cup around with you and all of a sudden people start talking about how wonderful whatever it is you are carrying around smells. It's like a portable air freshener. Especially when you throw the empty cups into the passenger footwell of the car. Really cleans out that spoiled Taco Bell burrito scourge (we all make mistakes).

I can't get enough of it. Black no sugar. It's great as it is. Cheap thermos refills don't hurt either.

So, what's your current deal?

Last edited:

ColtWalker1847

kiwifarms.net
I just cooked like two pounds of bacon so I'm enjoying that right now if that's what you mean.
Yeah I suppose. Can't have enough bacon. I was thinking something more specific though. Like if you cooked all that bacon just for BLTs or something. But bacon could be a dish I guess. More of a side order. But my OP was about gas station coffee, so who am I to judge.

Am I the only one who gets stuck on this stuff sometimes. For a month or so I can't get enough lamb chops with mint jelly or pan-seared tuna steaks or something. It's coming up on fall. I feel the acorn squash itch coming on.

Is it just me?

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah I suppose. Can't have enough bacon. I was thinking something more specific though. Like if you cooked all that bacon just for BLTs or something. But bacon could be a dish I guess. More of a side order. But my OP was about gas station coffee, so who am I to judge.

Am I the only one who gets stuck on this stuff sometimes. For a month or so I can't get enough lamb chops with mint jelly or pan-seared tuna steaks or something. It's coming up on fall. I feel the acorn squash itch coming on.

Is it just me?
obscure cravings are how your body tricks you into normalizing certain levels of nutrients and trace minerals

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

A couple months ago I ate a baked potato or two every single day for some reason. I like to cook them at about 450 for an hour or so, or smaller ones at 500, until they're ridiculously crispy on the outside and puff out steam when you cut them open, and the inside is light and fluffy.