Favorite vintage cow? -

Barry Scott

kiwifarms.net
While I only found out about him due to the Down the Rabbit Hole video, Time Cube theory creator Gene Ray has to be up there.

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
There's lots of old lolcows but the one i best remember is Raksha, a grown woman who had a weird obsession with the 80s Transformers cartoons. I mean we're a bit obsessed with our particular fandoms but this lady took it to the next level. She has an ED page but you have to read the Usenet posts on her drama and remember this was a few years before 9-11.

There's also the tfwiki.net crowd but the one that stands out is David Willis aka It's Walky because he had a temper tantrum every time a talented fan artist successfully transitioned to official paid comics work and he did not (because he's not as good as he thinks he is as evidenced by his failed webcomics).

Now that I think about it this is all rather tame by today's standards.

Edit: Oh lord Walky has a thread here https://kiwifarms.net/threads/david-walky-willis-shortpacked.13483/ I should have known

Last edited:

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
I remember CAPalert who were around in the 90s and were a fundy movie review site that considered Mary Poppins the pinacle of cinema. Which is odd since they would dock films for use of magic, having clothes that were too high above the knee, or get iffy over the title of the film, Zeus and Roxanne, because the title character shared a name with a pagan god.

There's also Demonbusters where the host should be locked in a rubber room where the demons she saw even in candles and paisley can't get her.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
Crosby brothers from Keenspot, especially Bobby Crosby.
I remember him, back when I used to review bad webcomics (before I got burnt out with it) I gave Marry Me a bad review and he sperged all over the Project AFTER forums (where I posted it). I pointed out a number of the flaws in the comic and it went over his head. Sadly the forum is no more and I didn't achieve the review.

WalterPresson96

All hail to Great Alash Orda!
kiwifarms.net
I remember him, back when I used to review bad webcomics (before I got burnt out with it) I gave Marry Me a bad review and he sperged all over the Project AFTER forums (where I posted it). I pointed out a number of the flaws in the comic and it went over his head. Sadly the forum is no more and I didn't achieve the review.
He also threatened to sue Eric Drobile, Keith Smith and Rob Weyman over this comic.

Attachments

• 021020.jpg
    021020.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 52

Syaoran Li

They're Coming To Get You, Barbara!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If I were going to write up a list of the big lolcows of Web 1.0 and 1.5, I think these would be my picks. Most of these I mentioned before and some of them have threads on here, but they're all still worth mentioning.

Lolcows
Jack Chick
Usagi Kou
VenomFangX
David Gonterman
Jack Thompson
Dakari King Mykan
Acharya S.
Snape Snogger
Dan Shive

Lolcow Communities
CAP (basically the precursor to Dove Reviews)
Trekkies
Chakats
Westboro Baptist Church
The Final Fantasy House
White Wolf LARP/Mind's Eye Theater
Goreans
Loose Change and the 9/11 Truthers

Inflatable Julay

Bing bing wahoo
kiwifarms.net
Whatever happened to Brian-San? He was the feature of a Something Awful thread about a guy's weird roommate who practiced "Mortal Kombat Dancing", would shit himself "because sometimes unexpected things happen, OKAY???" and wrote fanfics of himself falling in love with an AI. He was kind of a proto Chris-Chan and one if the first real lolcows I was aware of.

The images are broken but they are burned into my mind and he looks exactly like you would think he would

Last edited: