Faye Dunaway fired from Broadway for abuse - Hepburn is laughing in her grave tbh

• The site is having difficulties because our bandwidth is totally overextended. Our 1Gbps line is at 100% even when there aren't 8000 people on the site. We were supposed to get a second Gbps line months ago but I'm struggling to get technicians scheduled to set it up.

Gordon Cole

Yep, he's dead
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like to believe she was method acting during Mommie Dearest, and just didn't notice when shooting wrapped.

Also MD was not funny in the least, so I never understood the "So bad it's good" angle.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like to believe she was method acting during Mommie Dearest, and just didn't notice when shooting wrapped.

Also MD was not funny in the least, so I never understood the "So bad it's good" angle.
People think it’s funny when you think of it as being over-the-top. When you think of it as “this is actually how it went down”, it’s terrifying.

I remember when the Cinema Snob reviewed it, he said it was horrifying.

Gordon Cole

Yep, he's dead
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People think it’s funny when you think of it as being over-the-top. When you think of it as “this is actually how it went down”, it’s terrifying.

I went in with the campy, "so bad it's good" mentality, and it was just scary and depressing to me. Great movie, godawful marketing.

Some JERK

I ain't drunk, I'm just drinkin'
kiwifarms.net
Fucking faggots man.
At first I thought they were just being hyperbolic outrage-culture morons, but then I realized that these are theatre fags, so yeah... they were probably legit terrified of her.

She denied Bette's claims.
I've never met a self-centered asshole that didn't categorically deny ever being a self-centered asshole.

Last edited:

Scarlett Johansson

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall, China-hating lesbian.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She's on the shit list of the following:

Otto Perminger
Hilary Duff
Bette Davis
James Woods
Rutanya Alda
Andrew Lloyd Webber
Diana Scarwid
Ryan Murphy
Possibly Susan Sarandon because of what was depicted in Feud: Bette & Joan

It's weird because there are some nice stories about her. Helen Slater said that during the filming of Supergirl she was very good at teaching her on set, guiding her through the scenes, like she really knows the business. Same with Bill Hader and co. for Documentary Now.

Feline Supremacist

слава России! Ты никогда не станешь женщиной
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Theatre is difficult for film actors not accustomed to it and she's an old lady at this point. I'm sure she's hard to work with but let's be honest Bette was known to be difficult too and Polanski's a creepy pedo. That said there's something to be said for going out while you're still on top. She's going into Norma Desmond territory and should consider doing one last well-cast film role really well and then calling it quits.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

And what's sad is it wasn't that rare for mothers and daughters to have that kind of relationship in those days either, my own grandmother and great grandmother had a Mommie Dearest esque relationship (although thankfully I don't think it involved physical abuse)

Smiling Honeybadger

Still not giving a fuck.
kiwifarms.net
I find it pretty ironic that Dunaway was cast to play Katharine Hepburn, who was attractive but not someone I would call classically Hollywood Beauty. She had always a very androgynous look with fairly masculine features. And what I can tell, she never was big into plastic surgery and had never this overstretched look going on in her Senior years. Opposite to dear old Faye, who is touted as plastic surgery disaster for decades.

And my theory is, that it is a combination of cunty behavior she was already known for, a mental illness, and the fact that she is now an old Hollywood Hag who has trouble remembering her lines (if early signs of dementia or simply age, who knows...)

There is sometimes the misconception that people will get mellow as they age. That's not always true. More often than not they grow into really gigantic assholes. I compare it with a stone being hollowed out by a waterstream. The cuntiness goes deeper and deeper as the years pass by.

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net

Joan Crawford (as portrayed in "Mommy Dearest") had all the hallmarks of being a malignant narcissist. The problem with being a malignant narcissist is that, when the mask slips, the narcissist can go completely apeshit, which is funny for the people watching a portrayal of it in a movie but terrifying for the people who are the target of the narcissist's behavior.

This is the same problem a lot of male actors have when playing Hitler. In every Hitler film, there's a scene where Hitler loses his shit and everyone around him just looks awkward and terrified. But the scene itself seems funny to viewers. Hell, there's an entire Youtube Channel dedicated to satirizing the scene in "Der Untergang" where Bruno Ganz (as Hitler) chews out his associates.