Interests FB 4/29 - Chris is excited about Ratchet & Clank. Totes Swag!

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.
Status
Not open for further replies.

feedtheoctopus

kiwifarms.net
Exactly one person did it, just recently, and he has not been doxxed. I don't think his buyers are afraid of doxxing, I think they just have no spine period.

Even if Chris doxxed somebody, I think history shows quite well that trolls don't give a shit and ignore it. Chris just comes off looking like a douchebag and ends up drawing more attention to his own misdeeds rather than directing the hate machine to others like he intends.

jc17

kiwifarms.net
While I wouldn't mind owning some cwc history, I just can't bring myself to pay so much for something I would easily make for a fraction of the price with better results out of material that will last without having having to deal with excuses and delays on his end.
I have other things to waste my money on... Like Ratchet and Clank on the PS4. I saw it at a decent price, I've heard good things about it, I enjoyed the originals... And it's s alright. For a game based off a kids film, I'm surprised they put in as much effort as they did. It definitely gets me in the mood to pull out the classic games.

Silver Octopus

kiwifarms.net
While I wouldn't mind owning some cwc history, I just can't bring myself to pay so much for something I would easily make for a fraction of the price with better results out of material that will last without having having to deal with excuses and delays on his end.
I have other things to waste my money on... Like Ratchet and Clank on the PS4. I saw it at a decent price, I've heard good things about it, I enjoyed the originals... And it's s alright. For a game based off a kids film, I'm surprised they put in as much effort as they did. It definitely gets me in the mood to pull out the classic games.
Yeah you could spend $40 of your hard earned cash on a 10 hour, well received video game... But why would you wanna do that when you could spend $50 on a 1 minute video of Chris wishing you a happy birthday the day after your birthday!? ;)

Lesbian Sleepover

Party Announcement
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does this mean he has been ignoring your dispute if you're still here checking for your dox video?
No, the dispute was filed on Sunday. I had sent several messages on Etsy and realized that he was just gonna ride it out. Sure, I'm an adult who chose to spend money there. If you search my posts I've always stated I wanted a piece of Christory. Well, after being very polite and whatnot, I did tell him I would file a dispute if he didn't get back to me in a week (because of his odd schedule). I concluded he has ignored all messages on Etsy.

The dispute can be "at any time upgraded to a full claim" which would cause him a shit-ton of grief. I just want a medallion, not for him to have "something come up" and e-beg some more via claim.

While this may earn me some powerlevel/autistic ratings, I do a ton of business with PayPal and it was a "little" awkward filing the dispute.

Subconcious Offense

kiwifarms.net
No, the dispute was filed on Sunday. I had sent several messages on Etsy and realized that he was just gonna ride it out. Sure, I'm an adult who chose to spend money there. If you search my posts I've always stated I wanted a piece of Christory. Well, after being very polite and whatnot, I did tell him I would file a dispute if he didn't get back to me in a week (because of his odd schedule). I concluded he has ignored all messages on Etsy.

The dispute can be "at any time upgraded to a full claim" which would cause him a shit-ton of grief. I just want a medallion, not for him to have "something come up" and e-beg some more via claim.

While this may earn me some powerlevel/autistic ratings, I do a ton of business with PayPal and it was a "little" awkward filing the dispute.

He may be ignoring you because he (incorrectly) assumes your complain will have no effect on him going forward.

He has already announced moving to Zazzle. He probably thinks PayPal will treat his 2 storefronts separately.

DangDirtyTrolls

The man in the pickle suit tricked me once again
kiwifarms.net
I don't think it's at all autistic or unreasonable to expect to get what you pay for. His autism and general retardedness can't excuse Chris from the basics of running a business, such as fulfilling orders customers have paid for.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
I'm aware of the doxing. I don't think it's a huge risk after he got burned on doing it the first time. But I can understand why people might be less confident of that.

If Chris sends you something you didn't ask for, then that's subject to the same refund/report threats as him just sending you nothing.

Ultimately, if people are still sending Chris money, but they're too afraid to report him out of fear of doxing... then Chris has effectively won. He both gets the money and he gets to be lazy and drag his feet on fulfilling orders. He's won, essentially.

Chris does very badly in unstructured environments. Letting Chris choose his own work hours means he chooses no work hours. That's why Chris is fucking up his business. (Well, that, and that he really wants the amiibos to be successful, in lieu of the much more profitable commissions and medallions.)

Oh, I don't even think it's that complicated. I don't think many of Chris' customers are kiwifarmers (or otherwise familiar with Chris' laziness). I don't think Chris' customers are usually people who follow the lolcow scene. They probably were exposed to Chris on websites like knowyourmeme and stuff. What gives me this impression is that we've seen Chris make lots of sales, but despite a thread for people to post their purchases on kiwifarms, we have only seen a small section of Chris' overall sales.

We've also seen people post their purchases on tumblr and other, more mainstream websites.

Honestly, I think Chris' sales are just naturally drying up. Chris loves the idea of Sonichu being this huge brand, with its own line of professionally produced, injection molded plastic figurines. Of course, he can't have that, so the next best thing are his shoddy amiibos. He really wants them to be successful, despite the terrible profit margins and work-intensive production process.

Most people don't want amiibos. They want something iconic, like the medallions or commissions. But those don't asspat Chris' delusions of grandeur.

So I really think all the people who want amiibos have bought amiibos. And Chris just gets the occasional straggler sale.
He really needs to stick to the stuff that sells. I hate to say it but he would make so much money off of replicas of iconic stuff and pieces "of fail"

He may be ignoring you because he (incorrectly) assumes your complain will have no effect on him going forward.

He has already announced moving to Zazzle. He probably thinks PayPal will treat his 2 storefronts separately.
He cant make custom stuff on Zazzle like his amibos, medallions and commissions though can he? I thought zazzle was just for T-shirts and mugs and stuff. Also cant he just get another paypal account?

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He really needs to stick to the stuff that sells. I hate to say it but he would make so much money off of replicas of iconic stuff and pieces "of fail"
Yeah, so I checked the other day, and he does still have commissions and medallions listed on etsy. If he advertised those more, I think he'd sell a lot more.

Heh, shit, he should also get a tumblr. I bet he'd make bank on tumblr.

HumanBeanbag

Pre-quilt
kiwifarms.net
He cant make custom stuff on Zazzle like his amibos, medallions and commissions though can he? I thought zazzle was just for T-shirts and mugs and stuff. Also cant he just get another paypal account?

I think you're right. Zazzle is just a glorified printing shop that gives users some royalties for coming up with designs. He wouldn't really need to do anything for it, just upload some designs and say whether they should be on t-shirts or phone cases etc. Zazzle do all the printing and shipping. I'm actually surprised he hasn't done it already considering it seems largely passive. I might be wrong.

I thought I might have found his store here because it had the same name as his Cwcvilleshopping Etsy store, and the content was surprisingly not making fun of Chris, but then I changed the content filter and saw a 'want woman' bra as a listing. I realised it probably wasn't from him, and was probably old news.

I think if he does still make a Zazzle, it would be best to run it alongside his Etsy. It wouldn't be able to replace the commissioned, 'hand crafted' items that he seems to pride himself on like medallions and Amiibo (despite not fulfilling any orders recently). Nor would he be able to use it to collect donations, which seems to be the primary use of his Etsy now.

Last edited:

HumanBeanbag

Pre-quilt
kiwifarms.net
Pretty sure donations are against Etsy ToS. There has to be a product.

Yep. There needs to be a product at the end. So that would be fine for the options where Chris was offering a character sketch, but I think his lower donation tiers were just asking for money without offering anything in return. I imagine we will see it put up again when he can be bothered, although at that point it would kinda just be a commissions and Amiibo mega-bundle page.

Here's the line from Etsy's help page:

• Each listing going toward charity must represent a tangible item for sale. Listings cannot be created solely for the purpose of transferring money. As a transaction the buyer must receive something for their purchase.

DangDirtyTrolls

The man in the pickle suit tricked me once again
kiwifarms.net
I came across this review of Ratchet & Clank on Rotten Tomatoes and couldn't help think how much it applied to Chris given his high praise for the film
rcreview.png

Status
Not open for further replies.