Interests FB 4/29 - Chris is excited about Ratchet & Clank. Totes Swag!

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I came across this review of Ratchet & Clank on Rotten Tomatoes and couldn't help think how much it applied to Chris given his high praise for the film
rcreview.png
Shows how 'old' we are!

ZehnBoat

american burnout
kiwifarms.net

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Isn't Disney so evil to make their own products and compete?

That article hurt to read

It's a good thing Chris won't hear nor care about this article, otherwise he will bitch about Disney keeping his dreams of totes swag films down
Oh I bet.

Dain Bramage

Chris Malloch
kiwifarms.net

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net
Oh, I didn't know the Ratchet & Clank movie was produced by Rainmaker Entertainment, which is the current incarnation of Mainframe Entertainment, the revolutionary (for its time) Vancouver animation studio responsible for the ReBoot TV series in the mid-1990s, as well as Transformers: Beast Wars/Beasties and, in its really early days, Dire Straits' "Money for Nothing" music video.

ZehnBoat

american burnout
kiwifarms.net
Oh, I didn't know the Ratchet & Clank movie was produced by Rainmaker Entertainment, which is the current incarnation of Mainframe Entertainment, the revolutionary (for its time) Vancouver animation studio responsible for the ReBoot TV series in the mid-1990s, as well as Transformers: Beast Wars/Beasties and, in its really early days, Dire Straits' "Money for Nothing" music video.
Oh, how the the mighty have fallen
(:_(:heart-empty:

Sarcastic Username

BUILD YOUR OWN SONICHU
kiwifarms.net
I thought it was all the cut-scenes from the video game. Why did it cost anything at all to make? Was that all marketing money?

milkshark

Subtle Internet Blurb
kiwifarms.net
I thought it was all the cut-scenes from the video game. Why did it cost anything at all to make? Was that all marketing money?

A good percentage of the movie was cut scenes, but more animation was produced to fill in the gaps. Securing a well known cast of actors, distributing, and marketing the movie cost a lot too. Not every theater has digital networked projectors either, so they're printing it on film and shipping it out.

Add this movie to the ever growing list of mediocre media that Chris prefers.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
If Chris was excited about Rachet & Clank, wait til he hears about the Sonic movie slated for 2018...
I honestly thought Sega quietly forgot about sonic after those two boom games came out and got a bunch of shit reviews. Is there actually more sonic stuff coming?

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A good percentage of the movie was cut scenes, but more animation was produced to fill in the gaps. Securing a well known cast of actors, distributing, and marketing the movie cost a lot too. Not every theater has digital networked projectors either, so they're printing it on film and shipping it out.
I'm surprised any theater still uses 35mm at all right now (my town doesn't). Digital distribution certainly cut down on the needless use of printing cellulose acetate.

There's still some life in the ol' horse yet, and SEGA's surely got clubs in hand, waiting for it to shudder.
Never ends.

anusaurus

the ass is love
kiwifarms.net
I honestly thought Sega quietly forgot about sonic after those two boom games came out and got a bunch of shit reviews. Is there actually more sonic stuff coming?

I'm not 100% sure if it's gone into production or if they're still in the development stage, but it looks like they're going ahead with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.