Interests FB 4/29 - Chris is excited about Ratchet & Clank. Totes Swag!

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Innocuous Banter

kiwifarms.net
"Oh boy! A new way to buy a thing that I sort of like!"

Chris has the platinum trophies for the first four games, and that takes a-lot of work. Pretty sure it's something more that just something he likes.

Seriously, what the fuck makes you think he just likes it? Those games probably inspired his autism.

Ratchet and Clank is like one of the only game franchises where Chris has platinum trophies

He went to watch the Peanuts movie. In other words; he sometimes goes out to the cinema to watch films for kids.
Actually the thought of him in the cinema sitting in between two ten year old kids, laughing at all the jokes, and maybe even talking throughout the film - is actually kind of disturbing...

I know there's plenty of adults that want to see the R&C movie, myself included. I loved the first games, they're still the best in the series.

inb4 autistic and dumb ratings

Last edited:
G

GV 998

kiwifarms.net
I think Sony is currently going through a lot of stress right now with their shareholders. Between this and another movie using their properties... it doesn't look good for this attempt to make vidya into movies.
I'm sure Chris will love it though

That movie is probably gonna bomb too, unless the furries all go to see it. I believe Sly Cooper is popular with them, so who knows.

G

GV 998

kiwifarms.net
Chris has the platinum trophies for the first four games, and that takes a-lot of work. Pretty sure it's something more that just something he likes.

Ratchet and Clank is like one of the only game franchises where Chris has platinum trophies

The platinum trophies for the Ratchet and Clank games aren't particularly hard to earn, just, as you said, they can take a lot of work and be time consuming. In other words, the game will stop being fun to play at that point. Chris only seems to earn platinum trophies for games that aren't really difficult to earn...as evidenced by the fucking Hanna Montana game (a game infamous for trophy whores, because it's so easy to get that platinum)

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ouch, Box Office Pro's early weekend estimates have Ratchet & Clank earning less than half the "tracking", just $3.8 million. While this is just a projection from Friday's numbers and we won't know just how poorly Ratchet & Clank will have done until Monday afternoon at the earliest, it may turn out to be the biggest wide-release animated flop of the year.

Decided to do a double-check since these numbers can change... but this time they were pretty spot on.

According to Hollywood Reporter, R&C final take on its opening weekend was $4.8 million - landing it in 7th place.

To put that into perspective, it couldn't even beat Zootopia, which is circling its NINTH week in the box office.

Innocuous Banter

kiwifarms.net
The platinum trophies for the Ratchet and Clank games aren't particularly hard to earn, just, as you said, they can take a lot of work and be time consuming. In other words, the game will stop being fun to play at that point. Chris only seems to earn platinum trophies for games that aren't really difficult to earn...as evidenced by the fucking Hanna Montana game (a game infamous for trophy whores, because it's so easy to get that platinum)

Some of the Ratchet and Clank trophies can be pretty difficult to earn, you're probably thinking of the "skill point" feature in the games, and some of those are pretty challenging. I vidya a-lot and I had a hard time getting the Ratchet and clank platinums due to some various trophies.

Last edited:

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I saw the Ratchet & Clank movie today and it is not a movie for people who don't know what R&C is. Not surprised it didn't do well at all.
Heh, know one person on FB who complained at one critic's review of R&C by stating the guy was clearly an "armchair critic" for not knowing a certain character in the film.

A.Shitposter

Gossiping Hen
kiwifarms.net
Heh, know one person on FB who complained at one critic's review of R&C by stating the guy was clearly an "armchair critic" for not knowing a certain character in the film.
I wanted to believe that the reviewers were wrong because I was excited to see the film.

The problem with the movie, is that it's made for fans and doesn't introduce or explain anything about the characters or the universe because they expect the viewer to know everything already which makes even less sense that it would be in theaters instead of being a digital release.

The scenes cutting from one location/scene to another was so jarring that they should have added a big [insert gameplay here] screen between each one because it was so blatantly clear that it was video game cutscenes strung together.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wanted to believe that the reviewers were wrong because I was excited to see the film.

The problem with the movie, is that it's made for fans and doesn't introduce or explain anything about the characters or the universe because they expect the viewer to know everything already which makes even less sense that it would be in theaters instead of being a digital release.

The scenes cutting from one location/scene to another was so jarring that they should have added a big [insert gameplay here] screen between each one because it was so blatantly clear that it was video game cutscenes strung together.
Oh, I bet I'd have a hard time trying to figure this movie out myself (never having played the games). If all it is is basically watching cutscenes to a game, I'd play the damn game! You're paying to watch a walkthrough!

Last edited:

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net

Yes. It is precisely the film makers fault for not introducing and explaining who a character is and what they do.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Serial Murderer

Your best friend
kiwifarms.net
Chris has a weird way of... advertising things, at least to me he does. Funny thing is it actually kind of works. Take mcdonald's mighty wings for example, as soon as I saw "boldy spicy" I knew I needed tontry some. Chris says ratchet and clank is totes swag, I gotta chexk that out! Its like seeing a celebrity (lol) in a commercial for something like an autistic shaq ad or something haha

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
Rosechet and Clankichu.
No, Sproket-Sonichu and his mini-transforming robot Clunker (the newest member of the Samurai Pizza Bots)

Chris has a weird way of... advertising things, at least to me he does. Funny thing is it actually kind of works. Take mcdonald's mighty wings for example, as soon as I saw "boldy spicy" I knew I needed tontry some. Chris says ratchet and clank is totes swag, I gotta chexk that out! Its like seeing a celebrity (lol) in a commercial for something like an autistic shaq ad or something haha
Chris also advertises buttering your stomach with menopause gel, putting vibrating eggs in your bra so your tits will grow bigger, and (in the past) drinking your own semen to stay fertile.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GV 998

kiwifarms.net

Yeah, I got that feeling as well. It actually felt like the film was trimmed down a lot to reach that 90-ish minute marker. Because that's about the length of most animated movies, I'm guessing for a couple reasons ( a. Animation takes a long time b. Kids have short attention spans)

The more I think about this movie, the less and less I like it. I remember leaving the theater thinking, " Well, that wasn't very good, but it's certainly not the worst movie I've seen this year." And bear in mind, I'm a fan of the video game series. This film was made for people like me, and it still failed to grab me.

But the more I keep thinking on it, the more I am disliking the movie.

Now we wait for the obvious R&C ripoff characters to spontaneously come into existence in the hell that is CWCville.

Well aren't you the little optimist? As if Chris is EVER going to continue working on his comic

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GV 998

kiwifarms.net
Chris has spent years trying to find a way to get money for making Sonichu and now that that's happening he's "lost motivation" and doesn't work on them anymore.
Oh, Chris.
Which would be fine.......except that from what I've heard, his sales have dried up for the most part. And for the sales he does make, he also apparently doesn't bother to fulfill them. (which will eventually result in orders being refunded). He doesn't have the drive to do anything that would make him money, because it's work, and doesn't involve playing video games, fucking around with legos, or masturbating

Status
Not open for further replies.