Interests FB 4/29 - Chris is excited about Ratchet & Clank. Totes Swag!

• t.me/kiwifarms is our Telegram for downtime and announcements.
    • The .is domain is disabled due to issues with the CDN and having multiple domains.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
Which would be fine.......except that from what I've heard, his sales have dried up for the most part. And for the sales he does make, he also apparently doesn't bother to fulfill them. (which will eventually result in orders being refunded). He doesn't have the drive to do anything that would make him money, because it's work, and doesn't involve playing video games, fucking around with legos, or masturbating
Didn't that dude give him $1000 for more pages that Chris immediately spent without filling his end of the deal?

G

GV 998

kiwifarms.net
Didn't that dude give him $1000 for more pages that Chris immediately spent without filling his end of the deal?

Yes. Chris drew a few pages that were sketches at best. they weren't colored, and many of the panels had no background. Of course, they still had a fucking sermon's worth of text on each page. (maybe Chris should try writing a novel. He's certainly wordy enough)

Actually if you look at even the completed pages of Sonichu 11, you can actually see Chris getting lazier, and having mostly lost the passion for the comic. Almost all the "completed" pages of Sonichu 11 have at least one or more panel with no background. The characters are just standing around in the void of oblivion.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why's that? What would be a better one?
There was no timetable laid out for it. The guy also paid for a large number of pages. He's also paying for Sonichu, Chris' primary creative work. He's essentially acting like a patron of the arts. He's paying Chris to work at his own pace.

So long as Chris intends to still work on Sonichu at some point, Chris hasn't failed in his obligation to @DStecks.
@DStecks in his infinite autism never gave Chris a deadline.

You can use any and all of the outstanding orders on Etsy as your examples though.
This.

Chris really drags his feet with the amiibo orders and stuff.

Optimus Prime

Resident KF Transformers Expert
kiwifarms.net
playing video games, fucking around with legos, or masturbating

What amazes me is that Chris apparently, to my knowledge, has not splurged on LEGO Dimensions. Which is like, a fucking wet dream for somebody like him, wouldn't it?

Granted he may have gotten everything and just doesn't sperg about it, I don't look at this gamerpage or whatever so I have no idea.

Guy Smiley

The whole world smiles with you
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What amazes me is that Chris apparently, to my knowledge, has not splurged on LEGO Dimensions. Which is like, a fucking wet dream for somebody like him, wouldn't it?

Granted he may have gotten everything and just doesn't sperg about it, I don't look at this gamerpage or whatever so I have no idea.

He owns and has the platinum trophy for at least the base game. Based on the trophy list, I think he might have all the DLC kits as well, but I don't know enough about Lego Dimensions to know for sure.

(He has trophies for Levels from Doctor Who, for example. I think that's only DLC, but I don't know for sure. Regardless, he has every available trophy.)

Silver Octopus

kiwifarms.net

Yeah he's gone ham on this game too, I think he might have talked about it a bit before - If I remember correctly; he tried to sell his own custom amiibos Lego Dimensions firgues of him and sonichu at one point. Like he mentioned it briefly in a video and just nobody gave a shit and we all forgot about it quickly.

Karen Riley

Things Can be fixed, but broken hearts suffer
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why's that? What would be a better one?

There are a tonne of better examples of him failing to live up to his obligations. Anything he's paid for with a guaranteed time frame to begin with, then there's his video greetings. People pay him money for a birthday video and he uploads it much later after someone's birthday.

The donation option has never been billed as you pay him ten dollars and he's obligated to make a comic page. It's donating to him so he can have 'peace of mind,' to draw more pages with the ten dollars option worked out as the price per page.

Now to be fair in Chris' message to DStecks he did outright tell him he would draw 100 pages but he was never obligated to draw them in exchange for donations, or else Chris would be owing DStecks a refund right now like he has to if amibos aren't provided in time. I agree with Marvin on this (for once lol), there's better things to attack Chris over.

G

GV 998

kiwifarms.net
There was no timetable laid out for it. The guy also paid for a large number of pages. He's also paying for Sonichu, Chris' primary creative work. He's essentially acting like a patron of the arts. He's paying Chris to work at his own pace.

So long as Chris intends to still work on Sonichu at some point, Chris hasn't failed in his obligation to @DStecks.

You make a valid point. However, it has been about 7 years since we've seen a single colored page of Sonichu 11. As I mentioned before, we've seen a few "First draft" pages. (although if Chris does more than one draft for a page, I will be shocked to my core) . I'm not even making an issue that he hasn't fulfilled the 100 pages. I'm pointing out that he hasn't even really done a single page

7 years. for a comic of Sonichu's caliber ( i.e. the art skill of a child in grade school). And not one finished page. Not fucking one. If that level of incomparable laziness isn't an example of failing to fulfill an obligation on some level at least, then I don't know what is.

Besides, even if DStecks had given him a deadline, it wouldn't have meant jackshit to Chris if DStecks had given him all the money up front. He would have just taken the money and we'd be hearing "I'm working on it" over and over up to and past the deadline.

And while I don't know Chris personally to make this assertion, his lack of effort on fulfilling his Etsy orders set enough of a precedent that I can safely assume I'm correct

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You make a valid point. However, it has been about 7 years since we've seen a single colored page of Sonichu 11. As I mentioned before, we've seen a few "First draft" pages. (although if Chris does more than one draft for a page, I will be shocked to my core) . I'm not even making an issue that he hasn't fulfilled the 100 pages. I'm pointing out that he hasn't even really done a single page
The Sonichu Christmas bullshit is a part of Sonichu 11. He released a bunch of colored pages of that.
Besides, even if DStecks had given him a deadline, it wouldn't have meant jackshit to Chris if DStecks had given him all the money up front. He would have just taken the money and we'd be hearing "I'm working on it" over and over up to and past the deadline.

And while I don't know Chris personally to make this assertion, his lack of effort on fulfilling his Etsy orders set enough of a precedent that I can safely assume I'm correct
Heh, then DStecks could've threatened to pull his money.

It's why I strongly encourage anyone who buys from Chris to extract results from Chris by force. Threaten to report him to etsy and threaten to contact paypal to get your money back. Light a fire under his ass.

It shouldn't be that way, of course. A good businessman should be proactive on pleasing his customers. Heh, or at the very least, proactive on actually delivering the product. But Chris' customers never complain. Chris doesn't see a reason to hurry if no one complains and he's still making sales.

(Although I do think that if DStecks had given Chris a deadline, Chris would've been more proactive from the beginning, if only because he was playing with a large sum of money and he only had a single customer to please. In comparison, 33 amiibo sales seem like 33 small fish customers Chris can ignore individually without much problem. To him, anyway.)

Silver Octopus

kiwifarms.net
It's why I strongly encourage anyone who buys from Chris to extract results from Chris by force. Threaten to report him to etsy and threaten to contact paypal to get your money back. Light a fire under his ass.
Yeah that sounds great and all but bare in mind chris has a history of doxxing, and sending you what you didn't ask, and making passive agressive/insincere apologies... In other words; do that at your own risk.

G

GV 998

kiwifarms.net
The Sonichu Christmas bullshit is a part of Sonichu 11. He released a bunch of colored pages of that.

Heh, then DStecks could've threatened to pull his money.

It shouldn't be that way, of course. A good businessman should be proactive on pleasing his customers. Heh, or at the very least, proactive on actually delivering the product. But Chris' customers never complain. Chris doesn't see a reason to hurry if no one complains and he's still making sales.

(Although I do think that if DStecks had given Chris a deadline, Chris would've been more proactive from the beginning, if only because he was playing with a large sum of money and he only had a single customer to please. In comparison, 33 amiibo sales seem like 33 small fish customers Chris can ignore individually without much problem. To him, anyway.)

I don't understand why he isn't "living the dream" as it were. I would LOVE to be able to make some money off some crappy fan character I created when I was in high school. I wouldn't care if my customers were only trolls and were buying my merchandise for a laugh, they'd still be buying it. I would be fulfilling orders as fast as I could, in the hopes that people would keep buying.

That's probably why Chris' Etsy orders have dried up as badly. Because people know that the chances of them getting what they pay for are remote. And I agree with you. His customers should be filing claims with paypal.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah that sounds great and all but bare in mind chris has a history of doxxing, and sending you what you didn't ask, and making passive agressive/insincere apologies... In other words; do that at your own risk.
I'm aware of the doxing. I don't think it's a huge risk after he got burned on doing it the first time. But I can understand why people might be less confident of that.

If Chris sends you something you didn't ask for, then that's subject to the same refund/report threats as him just sending you nothing.

Ultimately, if people are still sending Chris money, but they're too afraid to report him out of fear of doxing... then Chris has effectively won. He both gets the money and he gets to be lazy and drag his feet on fulfilling orders. He's won, essentially.
I don't understand why he isn't "living the dream" as it were. I would LOVE to be able to make some money off some crappy fan character I created when I was in high school. I wouldn't care if my customers were only trolls and were buying my merchandise for a laugh, they'd still be buying it. I would be fulfilling orders as fast as I could, in the hopes that people would keep buying.
Chris does very badly in unstructured environments. Letting Chris choose his own work hours means he chooses no work hours. That's why Chris is fucking up his business. (Well, that, and that he really wants the amiibos to be successful, in lieu of the much more profitable commissions and medallions.)
That's probably why Chris' Etsy orders have dried up as badly. Because people know that the chances of them getting what they pay for are remote.
Oh, I don't even think it's that complicated. I don't think many of Chris' customers are kiwifarmers (or otherwise familiar with Chris' laziness). I don't think Chris' customers are usually people who follow the lolcow scene. They probably were exposed to Chris on websites like knowyourmeme and stuff. What gives me this impression is that we've seen Chris make lots of sales, but despite a thread for people to post their purchases on kiwifarms, we have only seen a small section of Chris' overall sales.

We've also seen people post their purchases on tumblr and other, more mainstream websites.

Honestly, I think Chris' sales are just naturally drying up. Chris loves the idea of Sonichu being this huge brand, with its own line of professionally produced, injection molded plastic figurines. Of course, he can't have that, so the next best thing are his shoddy amiibos. He really wants them to be successful, despite the terrible profit margins and work-intensive production process.

Most people don't want amiibos. They want something iconic, like the medallions or commissions. But those don't asspat Chris' delusions of grandeur.

So I really think all the people who want amiibos have bought amiibos. And Chris just gets the occasional straggler sale.

lurkf9217

kiwifarms.net
I'm aware of the doxing. I don't think it's a huge risk after he got burned on doing it the first time. But I can understand why people might be less confident of that.

If Chris sends you something you didn't ask for, then that's subject to the same refund/report threats as him just sending you nothing.
Essentially, people are intimidated by Chris. I know I just re-iterate what you just said but it's such an unlikely string of words it needs to be repeated.

Subconcious Offense

kiwifarms.net

Exactly one person did it, just recently, and he has not been doxxed. I don't think his buyers are afraid of doxxing, I think they just have no spine period.

Status
Not open for further replies.