FB 4/6 Sonichu amiibo for sale -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Collie

spuper colly :D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pestered my friend on Skype a little for you all because no shit is too minor, and I'm genuinely interested in what he's going to do with his "Build Your Own Sonichu Amiibo Kit". I've removed our names for the sake of privacy.

[4/10/2015 4:12:49 PM] Super Collie: Is that how it arrived?
[4/10/2015 4:13:21 PM] Redacted: yea
[4/10/2015 4:13:59 PM] Redacted: the head is off, the tail is off, and one of the ears came off where he had just wrapped the modeling clay around sonic's existing ear. no glue or anything.
[4/10/2015 4:14:40 PM] Super Collie: Thats pretty shitty are you going to open ab ebay claim?
[4/10/2015 4:15:03 PM] Redacted: eeeeeehh probably not?
[4/10/2015 4:15:38 PM] Redacted: pretty sure the last time someone opened a paypal claim against chris he put their mailing info and shit on facebook or something.
[4/10/2015 4:15:52 PM] Redacted: i don't need people harassing me.
[4/10/2015 4:16:11 PM] Super Collie: Youre gonna let him get away with taking your money?
[4/10/2015 4:16:40 PM] Redacted: tbh i dont really care
[4/10/2015 4:16:55 PM] Redacted: its chris.
[4/10/2015 4:17:27 PM] Redacted: dude burned his fucking house down of course the amiibo sucks
[4/10/2015 4:17:46 PM] Redacted: i got it as a joke for the stream
[4/10/2015 4:19:03 PM] Super Collie: Haha, I figured that was the case.
[4/10/2015 4:21:31 PM] Super Collie: Are you going to fix it or leave it as it is?
[4/10/2015 4:23:47 PM] Redacted: prob fix it
[4/10/2015 4:24:16 PM] Redacted: he only sealed the box withtape. i already opened it up
[4/10/2015 4:24:39 PM] Super Collie: Youre killing the value!!!
[4/10/2015 4:24:51 PM] Redacted: lmao
[4/10/2015 4:27:12 PM] Super Collie: Do you mind if I post this chat on the Chris forum
[4/10/2015 4:27:15 PM] Super Collie: ?
[4/10/2015 4:27:40 PM] Redacted: jesus
[4/10/2015 4:28:01 PM] Redacted: idc but dont include my name or anything
[4/10/2015 4:28:11 PM] Super Collie: k
[4/10/2015 4:28:34 PM] Super Collie: Thanks, btw. People are interested.
[4/10/2015 4:30:18 PM] Redacted: np
[4/10/2015 4:31:33 PM] Super Collie: Is there anything else to note about the amiibo?
[4/10/2015 4:32:04 PM] Redacted: uhhh
[4/10/2015 4:32:13 PM] Redacted: he painted the tail?
[4/10/2015 4:32:58 PM] Super Collie: The Pikachu tail?
[4/10/2015 4:33:20 PM] Redacted: yea
[4/10/2015 4:33:51 PM] Redacted: also the box is kinda grody
[4/10/2015 4:33:26 PM] Super Collie: ??
[4/10/2015 4:34:34 PM] Redacted: chris tried to seal it with two sided tape at first.
[4/10/2015 4:35:19 PM] Redacted: it didn't work so he used reg tape but the two sided collected dust or something idk
[4/10/2015 4:35:30 PM] Super Collie: ew
[4/10/2015 4:35:44 PM] Redacted: :(
edit: This is the same person who did the medallion and art unboxing video that I posted a few months back. For context.

General Juicer

kiwifarms.net
But there has to be a point where what Chris delivers is so far off that you get to be offended. I'm not sure this is it.
I have a pretty low opinion of Chris's competence and adjust my expectations accordingly, but it's not that low.

Sending someone a product that isn't broken by taking some basic precautions like wrapping the Amiibo in bubble wrap/rags/newspaper or at least fucking waiting for the glue to dry isn't some huge expectation or even an average expectation. It's something I'd expect out of a 10-year old kid trying to mail her grandma a school project. If Chris can't meet that incredibly lax standard of competence then he has no business using ebay to sell people his arts and crafts.

EDIT: I know that Christian ships the product in the box, but as mentioned I'm not expecting him to be all fancy with ensuring that the Sonichu figurine stays in place without jostling around with stuff like zip and twist ties. If Chris wrapped the Amiibo in a paper towel and put it in the plastic case, I'd consider that acceptable even if the presentation looked like shit. Which goes back to showing how low my expectations are.

Last edited:
O

ON 190

kiwifarms.net
Pestered my friend on Skype a little for you all because no shit is too minor, and I'm genuinely interested in what he's going to do with his "Build Your Own Sonichu Amiibo Kit". I've removed our names for the sake of privacy.
Yeesh. It sounds like he genuinely did finish it and shove it into the packaging to be shipped off. "Glue needs to set? To hell with that! Sonichu, away you go to your new home!"

Infinity

I feel trapped, like a moth in a bath
kiwifarms.net
I dunno, usually when I buy something off eBay and it arrives damaged, I ask for a refund, or just a partial refund if it's salvageable.
All this negative feedback and opening buyer complaint cases is meant to be last-resort stuff if the seller won't negotiate with you. As much as it is Chris, and I wouldn't get my hopes up, give him a chance like you would any other eBay seller. This is a general "you", by the way, not directed at the original buyer.

I thought he was hoarding up LEGO mini figs to customize and sell, too? Wonder when those will hit the shelves.

Atlas 95

kiwifarms.net
I thought he was hoarding up LEGO mini figs to customize and sell, too? Wonder when those will hit the shelves.
I'm thinking these Amiibo's have replaced that idea in Chris's head. IIRC he was using Scratchy tails from one particular Simpsons lego set to build his minifig Sonichu's and was having trouble sourcing the tails and/or buying the set multiple times to get the tails
With the amiibo's of both Sonic and Pikachu all the hard work is done for him, he just has to mutilate Pikachu a bit, slap some modelling magic on Sonic's ears, paint the thing yellow and he's done.
Honestly I'm not sure why he went for the half arsed re-sculpt job he did, it would have been a lot easier to just keep Sonic in his normal pose. Safer for transit as well

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well he got what he paid for, that's a fact.
Sadly, that's what happens when you buy from Chris. He can not expect quality when buying from Chris, I'm sorry. He had no business buying his art and crafts, and not expect...that. All he can do is either request a refund or leave negative feedback.
That's be great if he actually understood the value of money, which he doesn't. This is the guy that spits on certificates, and puts someone's information on Facebook. What makes you think he has the mental capacity to run a business like this? Is Chris responsible for delivering a shitty product? Yes. Is the guy at fault for expecting something halfway decent? Yes.
Like I said, the guy should leave him negative feedback (even though he did get a shitty product, which is what he should have expected) The more negative feedback he gets, the faster his account will get terminated. He can't even keep a 100% positive feedback in a "job" that only requires him to make medallions and draw scribbles. Can't get any easier than that. It's harsh, but it's the truth. I feel both were in the wrong here.
This shit is retarded.

The quality Chris is selling is: assembled video game statue. Chris delivered: unassembled video game statue. How does this not violate expectations?

Handsome Pete

If you need me, I'm probably in Movie Night
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"This Certificate verifies the authenticity of the accompanying Sonichu/Rosechu Amiibo Figure from Christian/Christine Weston Chandler. The Signature on this document attests that she alone, full of heart, soul and efforts in reposing the figure, painting and gluing and all other specific detailings on the figure, and external of the base."
Is it sad that I've spent so much time reading his ramblings that I no longer notice just how much he butchers the English language?

"external of the base" indeed, Chris. Shine on, you crazy diamond.
Thank goodness he pointed that out! Otherwise I would have assumed that he painted the figure, but base had been painted by one of his many, many friends and coworkers.

E

EI 903

kiwifarms.net
That thing should definitely be returned for a refund. Chris is a doofus, but not getting what you paid for is a line he shouldn't be allowed to cross without consequences. Also, being bopped on the nose is the only way he learns.

If he's making a habit of this, the amiibo thing is going to be a money-loser for him in no time.

drscientist

kiwifarms.net
I didn't file a claim because my amiibo was easily fixed. If I got one that beat up I would have filed a claim forsure. The reason for the amiibos getting damaged in shipping is because of Chris's stupidity rather than throwing shit together. The amiibo is in this plastic holder that keeps it in place, assuming you do not turn it upside down. Of course, Chris naively (haha) thinks that writing "this side up" and fragile on the sides of the box is sufficient instructions for the postal service. It looks like in my and other amiibos, they got turned upside-down and the figure popped out of the holder. It is worth noting that amiibo box was wrapped in bubble wrap and the box also had packing paper to hold things more or less in place. As for the quality, it is poor but it is clear that it took a lot of effort on Chris's part. There are a lot of details, including a copyright date and serial code on the bottom of the amiibo that I didn't photograph. The issue is that Chris is incompetent rather than lazy, at least when it came to making these amiibos.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None