• ”The Kiwi Farms's dimwitted contrivances are in full flower, and their poisonous petals of diabolism are blooming all around us.”
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)

FB 4/6 Sonichu amiibo for sale

Discussion in 'Christian Weston Chandler' started by Peace and Harmony, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That would definitely hit it. If I got Patti in the mail when I ordered a Sonichu poster, that's negative feedback, dude.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Sarcastic Username

Sarcastic Username BUILD YOUR OWN SONICHU

kiwifarms.net
  2. Pestered my friend on Skype a little for you all because no shit is too minor, and I'm genuinely interested in what he's going to do with his "Build Your Own Sonichu Amiibo Kit". I've removed our names for the sake of privacy.

edit: This is the same person who did the medallion and art unboxing video that I posted a few months back. For context.

• Informative Informative x 15
    • Like Like x 1
    Super Collie

Super Collie spuper colly :D
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. I have a pretty low opinion of Chris's competence and adjust my expectations accordingly, but it's not that low.

Sending someone a product that isn't broken by taking some basic precautions like wrapping the Amiibo in bubble wrap/rags/newspaper or at least fucking waiting for the glue to dry isn't some huge expectation or even an average expectation. It's something I'd expect out of a 10-year old kid trying to mail her grandma a school project. If Chris can't meet that incredibly lax standard of competence then he has no business using ebay to sell people his arts and crafts.

EDIT: I know that Christian ships the product in the box, but as mentioned I'm not expecting him to be all fancy with ensuring that the Sonichu figurine stays in place without jostling around with stuff like zip and twist ties. If Chris wrapped the Amiibo in a paper towel and put it in the plastic case, I'd consider that acceptable even if the presentation looked like shit. Which goes back to showing how low my expectations are.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    #323 General Juicer, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    kiwifarms.net
  4. Yeesh. It sounds like he genuinely did finish it and shove it into the packaging to be shipped off. "Glue needs to set? To hell with that! Sonichu, away you go to your new home!"

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    flossman

flossman Draxx. Them. Sklounst.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. Don't worry-- the shipping would be too expensive. That thing has to weigh, like, five or ten tons.

• Winner Winner x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  6. Go on Sonichu, go out and break to the extreme! (couldn't help myself)

• Like Like x 8
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  7. I dunno, usually when I buy something off eBay and it arrives damaged, I ask for a refund, or just a partial refund if it's salvageable.
    All this negative feedback and opening buyer complaint cases is meant to be last-resort stuff if the seller won't negotiate with you. As much as it is Chris, and I wouldn't get my hopes up, give him a chance like you would any other eBay seller. This is a general "you", by the way, not directed at the original buyer.

I thought he was hoarding up LEGO mini figs to customize and sell, too? Wonder when those will hit the shelves.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Infinity

Infinity I feel trapped, like a moth in a bath

kiwifarms.net
  8. I'm thinking these Amiibo's have replaced that idea in Chris's head. IIRC he was using Scratchy tails from one particular Simpsons lego set to build his minifig Sonichu's and was having trouble sourcing the tails and/or buying the set multiple times to get the tails
    With the amiibo's of both Sonic and Pikachu all the hard work is done for him, he just has to mutilate Pikachu a bit, slap some modelling magic on Sonic's ears, paint the thing yellow and he's done.
    Honestly I'm not sure why he went for the half arsed re-sculpt job he did, it would have been a lot easier to just keep Sonic in his normal pose. Safer for transit as well

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  9. Clearly, Chris is waiting to make the REAL money when he starts selling the Sonichu Amiibo REPAIR kits next week.

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    Chandler Cats

Chandler Cats Pufferton owes me four years alimony!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. He's more clever than we anticipated.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Bronchitis that Lingers

Bronchitis that Lingers a sequined trainwreck

kiwifarms.net
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Sonic Rainboom

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
    • Agree Agree x 3
    MrsFrizzle

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. This shit is exceptional.

The quality Chris is selling is: assembled video game statue. Chris delivered: unassembled video game statue. How does this not violate expectations?

• Agree Agree x 26
    Marvin

Christorical Figure True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. I wouldn't mind buying this personally, certainly a little more care was put into it.

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  13. Thank goodness he pointed that out! Otherwise I would have assumed that he painted the figure, but base had been painted by one of his many, many friends and coworkers.

• Winner Winner x 8
    Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete If you need me, I'm probably in Movie Night
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. If I had the skill to make those, I would, just to show off that I could make them. Nice feather in my art portfolio.

(I don't have that artistic skill, which is why I appreciate people who can.)

• Agree Agree x 3
    Sarcastic Username

Sarcastic Username BUILD YOUR OWN SONICHU

kiwifarms.net
  15. I'm sure they're being paid true and honestly!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. That thing should definitely be returned for a refund. Chris is a doofus, but not getting what you paid for is a line he shouldn't be allowed to cross without consequences. Also, being bopped on the nose is the only way he learns.

If he's making a habit of this, the amiibo thing is going to be a money-loser for him in no time.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    Hellblazer

Hellblazer Everything has its time and everything dies.
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  17. I can't wait for him to start repurposing the not-yet-released-but-already-ultra-rare Ness amiibos into Mayor Chandler statues. The resulting spergfest will totally be worth it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Someone in a Tree

Someone in a Tree Renowned robot bear conductor

kiwifarms.net
  18. I didn't file a claim because my amiibo was easily fixed. If I got one that beat up I would have filed a claim forsure. The reason for the amiibos getting damaged in shipping is because of Chris's stupidity rather than throwing shit together. The amiibo is in this plastic holder that keeps it in place, assuming you do not turn it upside down. Of course, Chris naively (haha) thinks that writing "this side up" and fragile on the sides of the box is sufficient instructions for the postal service. It looks like in my and other amiibos, they got turned upside-down and the figure popped out of the holder. It is worth noting that amiibo box was wrapped in bubble wrap and the box also had packing paper to hold things more or less in place. As for the quality, it is poor but it is clear that it took a lot of effort on Chris's part. There are a lot of details, including a copyright date and serial code on the bottom of the amiibo that I didn't photograph. The issue is that Chris is incompetent rather than lazy, at least when it came to making these amiibos.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 11
    kiwifarms.net
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.