FB 8/29/15 Chris Goes to OmegaCon2015

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcastic Username

BUILD YOUR OWN SONICHU
kiwifarms.net
I like how he had to stand up for the second shot, forcing the shorter girl behind him to look like she's trying really hard to be in the picture, when she's just trying to be seen behind sperglord.

They did a silly shot, and a serious shot. Usually those happen in the other order, so maybe the pictures are reversed.

Chris took off his medallion for these shots.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wish someone that met chris through this con Googled him and found all this stuff.
They probably have. Chris was talking to people and handing out his card to lots of people.

In fact, I saw Chris at some game panel where during the Q&A he went into a rant about trolls and cyberbullies and he gave all the panelists his card.

SOINCHU

Like totally bitchin'!
kiwifarms.net
They probably have. Chris was talking to people and handing out his card to lots of people.

In fact, I saw Chris Chris at some game panel where during the Q&A he went into a rant about trolls and cyberbullies and he gave all the panelists his card.
WTF?! Are you for reals? He's STILL doing the cyberbullies rants to anyone who'll listen?

I wonder if he'll ever realize that by handing out his info to people who don't know him he's prepping them for immediately running into this picture upon searching...
Cwcbraorig.JPG

Its like he wants people to think well of him and probably tries to make his best impression on them.... then hands out his contact info and completely forgets that 99% of anything about him in a Google search is making fun of what a weird shut-in he is.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
WTF?! Are you for reals? He's STILL doing the cyberbullies rants to anyone who'll listen?

I wonder if he'll ever realize that by handing out his info to people who don't know him he's prepping them for immediately running into this picture upon searching...
Cwcbraorig.JPG

Its like he wants people to think well of him and probably tries to make his best impression on them.... then hands out his contact info and completely forgets that 99% of anything about him in a Google search is making fun of what a weird shut-in he is.
Well, I'm guessing he thinks his rants about trolls and cyberbullies insulates him from that stuff. That when they run into the cwcki, they'll say "aha, this must be those evil troll/cyberbully lies beautiful Christine was talking about!"

Heh, also, this panel was for indie game devs. I think Chris has Sonichu: the Game ambitions. Chris was talking to someone who said they were a programmer looking for work. Chris gave them his card as well.

SOINCHU

Like totally bitchin'!
kiwifarms.net
Heh, also, this panel was for indie game devs. I think Chris has Sonichu: the Game ambitions. Chris was talking to someone who said they were a programmer looking for work. Chris gave them his card as well.

Does he not realize anyone who knows what "Sonichu" is only knows because of its legendary terribleness and/or the infamy of its creator?

Or does he just no longer give a shit and is just happy to be famous?

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does he not realize anyone who knows what "Sonichu" is only knows because of its legendary terribleness and/or the infamy of its creator?

Or does he just no longer give a shit and is just happy to be famous?
Chris really wants to believe he's got a fanbase. He's trying to build up evidence of the fanbase existing. So, selling a few amiibos, selling a few comics, and over time, he thinks he'll have a bunch of examples of people seeming to appreciate his work.

He doesn't like the real reason he's got an audience, so he's trying to avoid that conclusion by heading it off at the pass, so to speak.

timtommy

I am a damn Smoker!
kiwifarms.net
Chris really wants to believe he's got a fanbase. He's trying to build up evidence of the fanbase existing. So, selling a few amiibos, selling a few comics, and over time, he thinks he'll have a bunch of examples of people seeming to appreciate his work.

He doesn't like the real reason he's got an audience, so he's trying to avoid that conclusion by heading it off at the pass, so to speak.

It seems like an easy delusion to maintain.

Lots of people get genuine enjoyment out of Sonichu, cheer for new releases of comics, and/or are willing to throw a few bucks Chris way for Sonichu content/swag.

In most cases the "I want this because it is so bad it is funny" is not said explicitly. So Chris can ignore it or deny it if he wants.

And why shouldn't he? He likes Sonichu. We like Sonichu. He likes that we like Sonichu. It's a win-win.

SOINCHU

Like totally bitchin'!
kiwifarms.net
And why shouldn't he? He likes Sonichu. We like Sonichu. He likes that we like Sonichu. It's a win-win.
I totally agree. I do actually enjoy the comics, I laugh out loud everytime I read em. (of course that is not in the way Chris intended though). I think its a great thing for Chris and the more I think about it the more it is maybe best if he finds some way to believe people are earnestly enjoying Sonichu the way he thinks we should. It may even be an awesome thing for him to get someone to make an indie Sonichu game, he'd think people love it because they love Sonichu and Christorians would enjoy it because...well its more Chris shit. He'd make money or at least feel accomplished and we'd get enjoyment. Like you said, win win.

My only worry is that this delusion will lead him to trying to mass publicize Sonichu (as he did at this convention) and bring a whole new generation of trolls and weens down upon himself. Its kinda like he doesn't realize that if he just quietly went away and didn't post stuff as himself on Facebook he might get the "peace" he desires. Then again he'd be miserable because he loves promoting and talking about Sonichu and using his full name all the time. What a catch 22. He's a regular Charlie Brown, can't win even when he does win.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My only worry is that this delusion will lead him to trying to mass publicize Sonichu (as he did at this convention) and bring a whole new generation of trolls and cool guys down upon himself. Its kinda like he doesn't realize that if he just quietly went away and didn't post stuff as himself on Facebook he might get the "peace" he desires. Then again he'd be miserable because he loves promoting and talking about Sonichu and using his full name all the time. What a catch 22. He's a regular Charlie Brown, can't win even when he does win.
Honestly, I think Chris pretty much has the peace he wants. When he complains about trolls, it's usually complaining about what the trolls have done in the past. Or he complains about the continued existence of the cwcki. Things like that.

Like, at most, there are a few IRL trolls. And those trolls Chris can't really predict or dodge. (Without admitting that he'll never, ever have a sexual relationship with a woman that doesn't involve money. And honestly, I don't blame him for not wanting to admit that, because that's a pretty hefty pill for anyone to swallow.)

timtommy

I am a damn Smoker!
kiwifarms.net
Like, at most, there are a few IRL trolls. And those trolls Chris can't really predict or dodge. (Without admitting that he'll never, ever have a sexual relationship with a woman that doesn't involve money. And honestly, I don't blame him for not wanting to admit that, because that's a pretty hefty pill for anyone to swallow.)
I think that is a key point. Chris is delusional about his fair share of things. But if those delusions crumbled, and he saw a perfectly clear picture of himself he would be really crushed. He is happier thinking that he is a legitimate artist and a viable candidate for a lesbian partner. What is to be gained from shattering those delusions?

Gaining clarity about something like that is beneficial if it materially changes how he acts. Some of his delusions about his mother probably fall into that category. Maybe you could argue that his delusions about his body prevent him from making healthier decisions. But if he is going to be a lonely guy sitting around his house, drawing is a decent hobby for him to have, and the hope that he won't always be lonely might be useful.

We all have delusions like that. I am sure if I heard all the stuff friends or colleagues said about me, I would be a little hurt sometimes. Chris is just an extreme case.

As an aside, I wouldn't attach the word never to sex for Chris. I would say never about a romantic relationship. And I am not predicting he gets laid anytime soon. But alcohol happens. And now that he has started hanging around bars and clubs, the pieces are in place for that one in a million shot to work out. If you offered me 100 to 1 odds that Chris ends up having sex with some weird drunk lesbian in the next 3 years, I might risk a few bucks.

timtommy

I am a damn Smoker!
kiwifarms.net
I totally agree. I do actually enjoy the comics, I laugh out loud everytime I read em. (of course that is not in the way Chris intended though). I think its a great thing for Chris and the more I think about it the more it is maybe best if he finds some way to believe people are earnestly enjoying Sonichu the way he thinks we should. It may even be an awesome thing for him to get someone to make an indie Sonichu game, he'd think people love it because they love Sonichu and Christorians would enjoy it because...well its more Chris shit. He'd make money or at least feel accomplished and we'd get enjoyment. Like you said, win win.

My only worry is that this delusion will lead him to trying to mass publicize Sonichu (as he did at this convention) and bring a whole new generation of trolls and cool guys down upon himself. Its kinda like he doesn't realize that if he just quietly went away and didn't post stuff as himself on Facebook he might get the "peace" he desires. Then again he'd be miserable because he loves promoting and talking about Sonichu and using his full name all the time. What a catch 22. He's a regular Charlie Brown, can't win even when he does win.

Chris view of the world back in the day is that there were two types of Sonichu readers.

The first were normal, well-adjusted people who genuinely enjoyed Sonichu.

The second were evil trolls who stayed in their basements hating Sonichu. But still read it for some reason. And hated it so much and were so jealous that they wanted to ruin Chris' life.

So most readers had more in common with his vision of his true and honest fandase than his vision of hater trolls.

Granted we don't have the level of admiration, adoration and devotion that he thinks we should. But I don't know if human beings are capable of that level of devotion.

Subconcious Offense

kiwifarms.net
We all have delusions like that. I am sure if I heard all the stuff friends or colleagues said about me, I would be a little hurt sometimes. Chris is just an extreme case.

Difference being you are hopefully smart enough to not walk around handing out cards that put everyone a Google search away from seeing just exactly how grandiose your illusion is. This guy is having that grand illusion while at the same time sabotaging it by giving everyone he comes across the ability to see right through the smoke he throws. He's like 2 dogs digging holes with their backs against each other, unknowingly halting each other's progress, except he is both of them.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Difference being you are hopefully smart enough to not walk around handing out cards that put everyone a Google search away from seeing just exactly how grandiose your illusion is. This guy is having that grand illusion while at the same time sabotaging it by giving everyone he comes across the ability to see right through the smoke he throws. He's like 2 dogs digging holes with their backs against each other, unknowingly halting each other's progress, except he is both of them.
But how does that affect Chris?

Edit: Chris hands out his business cards as contact information. It serves that purpose and Chris doesn't experience any negative repercussions as a result of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.