Fear and loathing of Modern "Art". -

Sylvie Paula Paula

Running at 500 "bi"s per minute
kiwifarms.net

This woman also had an "art" project where she would let strangers in public streets stick their hands in her pussy.
It seems more like someone shocking others and saying it's for the sake of art... even with the canvas, that's a bit much? It's the equivalent of someone throwing paint at a canvas, except with a vagina & eggs covered in paint (I sure hope that's paint!) instead of your hands.
Then again, some artists go to weird lengths like that for the sake of their "masterpieces".

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It seems more like someone shocking others and saying it's for the sake of art... even with the canvas, that's a bit much? It's the equivalent of someone throwing paint at a canvas, except with a vagina & eggs covered in paint (I sure hope that's paint!) instead of your hands.
Then again, some artists go to weird lengths like that for the sake of their "masterpieces".
When Duchamp did his toilet thing, it was genuinely a "fuck you, art" thing to do. Much like Hunter S. Thompson's deliberate subversion of what journalism was, to say something about journalism itself while actually doing journalism, though, the subsequent imitators failed to get the latter part. Duchamp's urinal was art. Partly because nobody had done that before. The imitators may also be art, but they're also utter shit.

"Lol look how edgy I am" may be art, but it's shit art. There is no obligation that art actually be good.

"REEE REEEE I HAVE A VAGINA" is really art on the level of the shit dudes do when they draw a giant wang with a Sharpie on a toilet wall.

Positron

Subconsciously Suberogatory
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The funny about modern art is that if you can't tell if your is trash or art then its maybe its trash. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A surprising number of "artists" pass off scrap metal as art. The most famous may be César Baldaccini.

It is low-effort and low-inspiration. If you don't understand it, it is your fault.

I had an art teacher who told us "Art is whatever you can get away with."
Amendment: art is whatever you can get away with as long as someone would buy.

If it has to be explained, then it isn't art.
If it is entirely self-evident, then it isn't art either.

An important point in art is that it allows room for contemplation -- there must be a sense of ambiguity, a room for interpretation, a space into which the audience's private emotions and desires may be projected upon. This is the reason I give when I tell people why I hate propagandist art: you get the message in one second. You flip a bird to the Great Hall of the People? We get it. You hate the Communist Party. Let's move on to the next room. Someone enacting the Judith and Holofernes scene? Yeah, she hates men. We get it.

(Of course, the real reason that I hate propagandist art is that most artists' ideologies are juvenile, if not downright retarded.)

The problem with pop art is the same. You see some cute balloon animals cast in metal? Take a selfie if you want, because that's all you can get. A postmodernist will say the lack of depth is a feature not a bug; but for people who think art should be greater than a cynical appeal to the masses, such thing simply won't do.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino