• ”im going to preface this by saying i like the idea of fucking dogs.”
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)
  2. Our official MOVIE NIGHT is running. Join us on DISCORD for voice chat!

[Feb-2019] Apex LegendsAnother "Battle Royal"

Discussion in 'Phil Burnell / DarkSydePhil' started by Haunter, Feb 6, 2019.

Forum Guidelines
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over DSP. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • Limit discussion of body parts and functions. DSP is gross. Discussing his gout in detail is unnecessary and disturbing.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • No trolling plans. We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.
  • Write descriptive topic titles. "[14-Sep-2015] Livestreaming Sonic 2006" is better than "new update".

no one can help you

1. "Apex Legends is a character-driven, squad-based Battle Royale shooter where teamwork is the difference between victory and defeat." This spells defeat for Phil Burnell.

Phil took the opportunity to tweet his opinion on Apex Legend's current success.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After airing his opinions, Phil then scheduled himself to play it.

upload_2019-2-6_11-2-46.png

Phil played Apex Legends Co-Op (arranged teams with mics on) for the first (and possibly last) time on Feb-10-2019. One of Phil's two worst Co-Op fears were realized. He was not verbally undermined by trolls. Rather, his viewers were introduced to someone much more likable than himself

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    #1 Haunter, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Haunter

Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. So...sponsored streams are bad...except when Phil engages in them on Twitch. Didn't big mouth learn his lesson the first time he got in shit for whining about shills and "not real gamers?" I guess in Goutopia, the only thing that matters is if it makes Phil money.

AnonymousDimwit

AnonymousDimwit Guns don't kill people - the government does.

kiwifarms.net
  3. He's showing this game zero respect. Who wants to bet he has sauce leftover and is doing sauce today out of spite for the game?

• Like Like x 2
    SoapQueen1

SoapQueen1 speed bump, failed business, retired tism wrangler
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  4. I suspect it's a safety net. Losing badly? Gotta stir the sauce. Paypig teammates drop out? Gotta stir the sauce. Detractor comes in over chat? Ya gotta stir that sauce.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    Pargon

Pargon Mr. Self-Destruct

kiwifarms.net
  5. is it me or can phil not survive 10mins without complaining, moaning, bitching or being a hypocrite.

i would hope fkin so, would really explain alot

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  6. I'm normally one to scoff at hype and shit but goddamn Phil takes it to a new level. Nothing wrong with paying prominent streamers to play your game as long as it's clear that it's a paid advertisement.

As usual, Phil's just turbo-fucking-salty he's not getting a slice of the pie.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
    MarineTrainedTard

MarineTrainedTard You have a tenuous grasp of the English language

kiwifarms.net
  7. I've been playing it lately and here are my predictions for DSP:

• No solo - So he is forced to communicate with actual humans
    • He'll constantly drop solo because he can't stand others to dictate where he'll land
    • This will cause him to always get blacked 3v1
    • "My team is useless, I have *number of kills* and they don't do anything"
    • "No, I can't play with fans. There will be a lot of troll activity, okay?"
    • "This game is a ripoff of Blackout, Respawn just made a lazy ripoff of Blackout. What a bunch of idiots!"
    • This game sucks because there are no bathrooms to hide in
    • Lag
    • "I got disconnected dood, what a broken shitty game!"
    • "Stupid gimmicks, X game was better because it didn't have gimmicks"
    • *Mutes teammates*
    Just finished writing this and came to the conclusion that this is every game ever for DSP.

feelsbadman :spudking:

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Awful Meerkat

Awful Meerkat Mr Views

kiwifarms.net
  8. I'll put this in the OP:

Haunter

kiwifarms.net
  9. Yeah, it is the teamwork that he mainly is going to have problems with, he is going to bitch so much on any teammate for not making him win it easily.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Dragoonism

Dragoonism Es gibt keine Fakten, nur Interpretationen.

kiwifarms.net
  10. >Be Phil.
    >Schedules an upcoming let's play on a sponsored game for that day.
    >Sponsors said game only to promote in a very negative light couple days prior to scheduled livestream.

It ain't surprising considering his series of bitching, complaining, and ultimate contradictions (which says a whole lot). Staying classy as usual, Phil.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  11. He's gonna be miserable which is sad because the game is actually good.

• Like Like x 1
    BusyMaribo

BusyMaribo Rate up is a God Damn Lie...

kiwifarms.net
  12. Just to be clear, Phil's not being sponsored to play Apex Legends, and apparently not many streamers have been.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Haunter

kiwifarms.net
  13. I see. So Phil is just once again making wild assumptions because of a game's hype then

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    MarineTrainedTard

MarineTrainedTard You have a tenuous grasp of the English language

kiwifarms.net
  14. He is going to fucking despise this game. It has mandatory teamplay and an online game, so he's going to fuck himself over then endlessly bitch about bad connections and shitty teammates.

Phil doesn't understand why human beings would enjoy a video game, so he just assumes that any popularity they gain is due to corporate shenanigans and not people enjoying them. He thinks everyone's life is as genuinely joyless as his.

• Agree Agree x 7
    The Manglement

The Manglement Some internet faggot

kiwifarms.net
  15. I love how he backed himself into a corner before even touching the game because of his dumb rant on Twitter. He's given people reason to give him a hard time, no matter what he'll think of the game.

1) He likes the game: people will shit on him for liking the game because he called the millions of people sheep and other content creators shills for already liking the game on day one, or
    2) He doesn't like the game: people will shit on him for not giving the game a fair chance and hating it from the very beginning just out of principle/spite/being bad at the game.

And we all know what condition DSP sets for liking a game: he needs to do well. Looking at some of the game mechanics and FPS skills involved, I highly doubt he'll be succesful unless he actually does something logical for a change and forms a team with people he knows/can communicate with/that will carry him. Though my knowledge of the game is purely based on PC footage, and I know the console variants of FPS games tend to be a lot more forgiving because of controller potato aim.
    But him fumbling around, basically playing solo and/or with randoms? Meh, I think he'll get his ass handed to him and the party will soon be over. He might even shit on the game the same night while playing Blackout, claiming that this is a REAL and GOOD Battle "Royal" (I roll my eyes every time he pronounces "Royale" like this) game.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. Or he needs to make enough cash.
    If he gets enough money thrown at the screen, he will play it into oblivion even if he keeps losing and clearly doesn't enjoy the game.

• Agree Agree x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  17. BE4050C3-56FA-4F9A-8A7A-0D56D148EA7B.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 12
    • Like Like x 3
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  18. Also considering how heavy the game relies on staying as a team, you have the ability to ping enemies and items, phils not gonna do that, He'll Hoard.
    Hell when you jump from the ship it chooses a jump leader. Phil wont want that pressure, he'll most likely hit Circle which lets you jump solo. You also cant camp, the map isnt big enough for it. The circle closes faster then any of the other BR games out there. Also one of the Legends has a anti camper ability where they can ping everything in the surrounding area. and most teams run that Legend due to wanting to know where all the pick ups are. He wont follow Squad Synergy.
    He is not gonna like this game, if he does, i'll eat my non existent hat.

• Informative Informative x 7
    BusyMaribo

BusyMaribo Rate up is a God Damn Lie...

kiwifarms.net
  19. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'll expect a similar performance when he inevitably caves and plays Anthem as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    Pargon

Pargon Mr. Self-Destruct

kiwifarms.net
  20. There have been a couple since then, except that, oddly, the streamers who I saw were sponsored for a stream then continued to play it...it's almost like they really enjoyed the game and had so much fun that they wanted to come back to it even when they weren't being paid by a company to do so. Weird.

For normal people, you'd be right. If he somehow likes the game, he'll defend it by saying that he's being real and AHNEST because he wasn't sponsored like those elitists. He will have given the game a fair shake just like the rest of the Average Joes (TM) and liked it. If he (almost certainly) hates it, he'll decry it as a hyped-up shitfest, just like he did with DBFighterZ and KH3.

I'm just looking forward to hearing him bitch about lag and stuff, because the game itself honestly looks like a blast.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    actually

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.