[Feb 23, 2020] Retrospective Begathon #6 - Buy subs to watch DSP wax pig-osophic while also begging for more money

DiabeticSP

kiwifarms.net
Phil just got a $120 from someone asking him to do 'his best coca cola reaction' or some shit.

Phil: i dont know what that means but wow he used the bonus bits too so wow thats a lotta bits wow.

• Informative
Reactions: Haunter

Dandelion

kiwifarms.net
It's weird watching DSP watch DSP pretending to be AVGN. Pretty meta.
I like to imagine DSP as the AVGN if James Rolfe's character existed in real life.

Alan Moore (author of Watchmen) said that Rorschach is a realistic interpretation of Batman, if he were an actual member of modern society. Rorschach was morally rigid, extremely violent, and a misanthrope.

If AVGN was real, he'd definitely be selfish, irritable, entitled, emotionally unintelligent, have zero social skills, and he'd be basically the worst kind of gaming consumer. Sounds familiar.

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net
some exceptional contributions happened as soon as he hit his $500 goal

sitting there wanting the hype train to happen

Shick

Body by Nabisco
kiwifarms.net
We need a "People who are older than Phil but look younger than him" thread lmao. I like to think of 30's being prime for men because it's the point where you usually have things together financially, your health hasn't begun to decline yet and your mind is pretty damn sharp. Imagining that this is probably as good as it gets for Phil is alarming.
First one off the top of my head: Mario Lemieux. Would have been in his late 40s/early 50s at the time that picture was taken, currently 55. Played professional hockey for 17 years, was diagnosed with a degenerative disk disease in his early 20s, survived a battle with Hodgkin's lymphoma at 28. Still looks pretty damn good.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll go ahead and predict that no more than 10 people will provide 75%+ of the total today.
Now that everything's done, here's a quick summary:

• 37 subs in chat ($96.00), 17 of which were gifted and 18 of which were resubs, meaning all of 2 people were new subs (and they could have been someone who made a new account).
  • $212.64 in cheers, not including the "bonus" 20% since Twitch does that somewhere else apparently, $100 of which came from ChristopherColumbus__/hands_celebratory, a name that I recognize, and $46 of which came from dylancious. Both were during a scam train, I think.
  • $523 in tips. The top 10 donations (that I've got recorded) add up to $382, which is 73% of the total. I was close, and I may have missed something large in there.
So "successful" for Phil in that he got his tard bux. It'll be interesting to see 1) what the other begathon goal is and 2) whether he hits it. Only 5 days to wait and find out!

Shabobus

kiwifarms.net
Now that everything's done, here's a quick summary:

• 37 subs in chat ($96.00), 17 of which were gifted and 18 of which were resubs, meaning all of 2 people were new subs (and they could have been someone who made a new account).
  • $212.64 in cheers, not including the "bonus" 20% since Twitch does that somewhere else apparently, $100 of which came from ChristopherColumbus__/hands_celebratory, a name that I recognize, and $46 of which came from dylancious. Both were during a scam train, I think.
  • $523 in tips. The top 10 donations (that I've got recorded) add up to $382, which is 73% of the total. I was close, and I may have missed something large in there.
So "successful" for Phil in that he got his tard bux. It'll be interesting to see 1) what the other begathon goal is and 2) whether he hits it. Only 5 days to wait and find out!
Phil's chat continuing to reward him for his absolute lowest-effort content. I'm sure he has more of them planned after this.

Phil's chat continuing to reward him for his absolute lowest-effort content. I'm sure he has more of them planned after this.
That’s still the worst part of all this, I’ve excepted these losers will never stop throwing money at him, but god damn man how can any of them actually like these garbage retrospectives. The fact that this shit was pathetic the first time and his fans continuing supporting during them to the point he’s had like 6 or 7 more is just baffling. Give him your money any other day of the week, but don’t support this literal garbage

Prince Lotor

. . .and the blackest eyes. The Devil's eyes.
kiwifarms.net
He wasn't even reacting to his old content a lot of the time. He was just watching himself play video games and doing commentary as if he was playing the game right now and 80% of the time Old DSP actually playing the game would say the exact same thing like 3 seconds after 2020 DSP said it. But he's changed so much over the years you guise *Literally does the exact same commentary word-for-word 8 years later*

Schrödinger's Kat

kiwifarms.net
I've tried watching Phil's content, even objectively, to understand what the appeal is. And I don't get it. I get the drama part, I get the idea that maybe he's committing bankruptcy fraud, or he's a scammer, because that is an interesting story. But I don't get why people watch him for anything else, or why anyone pays him anything for it.

It's absolutely the most boring content I've ever seen. He is so uninteresting. He has no opinions on anything unless its food-related or he's shitting on a game. He doesn't discuss anything controversial, and bans anyone that does. And he doesn't have any interesting stories to tell because he doesn't even leave his house. He's like an old man in a rocking chair just reliving his past, telling the same uneventful stories over and over again about his youth. And he is not good at games.

Not one dollar Phil "earned" today will go to his taxes, or his attorney. That's the next fundraiser. And as long as this formula works, Phil will keep doing it. His paypigs are his enabler. The longer they stay around, the further Phil gets from ever being able to function in the real world. It's probably already too late for Phil. He'll be begging til the day he dies.

darkwingosonichugorl

duhuhuhuhuhuh
kiwifarms.net
That’s still the worst part of all this, I’ve excepted these losers will never stop throwing money at him, but god damn man how can any of them actually like these garbage retrospectives. The fact that this shit was pathetic the first time and his fans continuing supporting during them to the point he’s had like 6 or 7 more is just baffling. Give him your money any other day of the week, but don’t support this literal garbage
Phil could stream himself taking a dump, he's trained his small cult to throw money at him when he wants it. The only question is how much he can tard cum out of them, there's a limited amount of SSI and minimum wage checks he can collect. He may be pushing it with two fundraisers in a week.

And no matter what happens, he'll be losing his house within the year.

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net
Feel free to vote in the main thread for when you think the "pay my taxes" begathon(s) will be.
so he has this "marathon" which isn't for taxes or the tax guy, or the bankruptcy lawyer, then he'll have the begathon on the 28th for the money to pay his tax guy, then another begathon to pretend he's going to pay his taxes but will roll his $15,000 2018 tax plan into the 2019 payment plan

I also remembered his payment plan is $500/month, this is probably what today's $500 is for, unless he climbs the leaderboards on WWE champions

9A677DBA-8ECC-4A64-8FF2-1F58ADB93F67.jpeg

Tags
None