[February 28, 2020] All the Bills Begathon - Extra begging on the extra day.

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

What will the tips goal be?

• < $1000

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • $1000-$1999

Votes: 41 22.9%
  • $2000-$2999

Votes: 52 29.1%
  • $3000+

Votes: 83 46.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Frogga

kiwifarms.net
it costs me near double the end value to buy bits, which is exactly why dsp wants tips, he can bypass the twitch fee on bits
While I can understand that argument, I don't believe that's how most people actually purchase bits, and I don't believe Phil benefits from it in any way at all aside from getting the money "now".

It would make sense for people buying bits to buy a bunch at once with whatever they're willing to spend on them at the time, and then use those bits over a period of time until the reservoir is empty and needs to be refilled if they want to buy more bits. I don't think very many people go into streams with an empty Twitch wallet and decide to buy bits because they want to give a specific amount to a streamer -- those bits are already in their wallet before they get in the stream. They're not going in with the mentality of, "Okay, I want to give him $5 worth of money, so here's 500 bits," versus, "Okay, I'm going to give him $5 worth of money, but since it's a tip instead of bits, I can give him $9 instead." They're going to give him $5 because they want to give him $5 and that extra money has already been spent last payday when they refilled their Twitch wallet.

It's like grocery shopping or filling your gas tank. You don't buy enough just for what you need right now. You fill the tank up or get enough food that will last for a bit until you feel like refilling it again, or until the food spoils and can't be used anymore. Sure, Twitch is full of speds, but I don't see any reason for their thinking to operate differently just because it's a virtual currency.
$1.40 to buy 100 bits and give Phil $1 via bits.
$1.34 to tip Phil $1 after Paypal processing fees.

$126 to buy 10,000 bits and give Phil $100 via bits
$103.30 to tip Phil $100 after Paypal processing fees

The overall fees are smaller by tipping, and he gets it immediately, so it benefits both parties.

The only upside to using bits I can think of is that you can earn bits by watching ads, but those pay out like 5 bits as a time from what I've experienced, so I'm sure most people are just outright buying them.

Here's a tool to calculate Paypal fees

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net
While I can understand that argument, I don't believe that's how most people actually purchase bits, and I don't believe Phil benefits from it in any way at all aside from getting the money "now".

It would make sense for people buying bits to buy a bunch at once with whatever they're willing to spend on them at the time, and then use those bits over a period of time until the reservoir is empty and needs to be refilled if they want to buy more bits. I don't think very many people go into streams with an empty Twitch wallet and decide to buy bits because they want to give a specific amount to a streamer -- those bits are already in their wallet before they get in the stream. They're not going in with the mentality of, "Okay, I want to give him $5 worth of money, so here's 500 bits," versus, "Okay, I'm going to give him $5 worth of money, but since it's a tip instead of bits, I can give him $9 instead." They're going to give him $5 because they want to give him $5 and that extra money has already been spent last payday when they refilled their Twitch wallet.

It's like grocery shopping or filling your gas tank. You don't buy enough just for what you need right now. You fill the tank up or get enough food that will last for a bit until you feel like refilling it again, or until the food spoils and can't be used anymore. Sure, Twitch is full of speds, but I don't see any reason for their thinking to operate differently just because it's a virtual currency.
I used to just buy bits then donate them cause it was easier than making an actual donation

one day I was like a dollar short to buy the amount of bits I wanted to send and then thought i'll just send the money instead, and at that point I realised bits were a scam

edit: and no, the donos were not to phil

Schrödinger's Kat

kiwifarms.net
Then you have people like juniormint007, pwdubz, and phrenelith, who give Phil money to try and "troll" him but generally completely fail. Juniormint in particular was handing over dollar after dollar (via 100 bit cheers) last night trying to get Phil to do...something, and all he got in return was being called an idiot. Superb trolling, dipshit.
These trolls aren't any better than Phil. Phil pays dollar after dollar for a chance to get sweaty wrassler jpegs. Trolls pay Phil for the chance to get him a Twitch perma-ban or to say something exceptional. Unfortunately for the trolls, Phil has a far better chance of winning this gacha, and they just get banned.

it's amazing how Phil doesn't advertise himself as offering a good or fun product, but is open about how he is soley doing this to raise money.
Phil has zero concept of the value of money. He got rich uploading poor quality videos of him playing games while making fart jokes to YouTube putting absolutely no effort in. His entire universe now revolves around games, and real world money has become no different than an in-game score. Begging has worked, and continues to work, so there's no reason to continue pretending its anything other than that. He offers nothing of value because he doesn't need to, begging alone is good enough and idiots still throw money at him.

There's no way Phil will ever function in the real world again.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
it's amazing how Phil doesn't advertise himself as offering a good or fun product
Not just that, but he uses "raw unedited gameplay" as a selling point AND constantly talks shit about other Youtubers who "cut out all the boring parts" and use "flashy editing" and have "high quality setups." DSP talks like all three of those things are negatives.

• Agree
Reactions: Wurstbrot

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Phrenelith? Isn't he the guy that has a severely autistic rage against us? I've never seen him trolling Phil, to me he's just an autistic paypig who thinks he's owning the trolls by giving money to Phil.
It is, but he also makes fun of Phil on a regular basis. If I had to guess, he thinks KF goes too far with the doxxing of donators. I think he also thinks Phil is funny--the question is whether it's "haha, this guy is purposefully entertaining" or "haha, that dipshit just slipped on a banana peel".

Don't know how any of this works so is 1 bit = 1 penny?
To the streamer, yes. Bits are purchased with some overhead that Twitch gets to make a profit off of it, as others have pointed out.

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
I believe sometimes they have special shit going on where you can get bits way cheap in bulk, and sometimes bits can have more value depending if you include some stupid tag as well.

But yeah I agree with a lot of you on it. It's pretty much pocket change left over when they do decide to get it. They most likely don't specifically just buy bits to dump into one person. A lot of DSP fantrolls get a lot of mileage out of it, if you want to see it that way, by cheering small amounts just so Phil can read their message. Because Phil will love to look at chat, but I've noticed that his whole chat is just mocking him so it's probably why he only pays attentions to ones with money attached to it.

Banned in 49 States

kiwifarms.net
Not just that, but he uses "raw unedited gameplay" as a selling point AND constantly talks shit about other Youtubers who "cut out all the boring parts" and use "flashy editing" and have "high quality setups." DSP talks like all three of those things are negatives.
Raw unedited gameplay just translates to more footage to puke onto youtube which means more add bucks in his mind.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Raw unedited gameplay just translates to more footage to puke onto youtube which means more add bucks in his mind.
I liked during his Machinima rant where DSP railed against Youtube dumbfuck developers being "book smart not street smart" because they wouldn't let him clickbait any more.

"DOOD! They've already watched the ad in front of the video! Why does it matter how much of the video people watch? These dumbfuck Youtube coders are so dumb!"

Last edited:

Iron Hamster

Calculated chaos
kiwifarms.net
I believe sometimes they have special shit going on where you can get bits way cheap in bulk, and sometimes bits can have more value depending if you include some stupid tag as well.

But yeah I agree with a lot of you on it. It's pretty much pocket change left over when they do decide to get it. They most likely don't specifically just buy bits to dump into one person. A lot of DSP fantrolls get a lot of mileage out of it, if you want to see it that way, by cheering small amounts just so Phil can read their message. Because Phil will love to look at chat, but I've noticed that his whole chat is just mocking him so it's probably why he only pays attentions to ones with money attached to it.
If 100 bits = $1, I can see him getting a chubby seeing the '100' only to be deflate to see it's bits and not cash.

Banned in 49 States

kiwifarms.net
I liked during his Machinima rant where DSP railed against Youtube dumbfuck developers being "book smart not street smart" because they wouldn't let him clickbait any more.
It always make me laugh how he think he is some OG from the hood. The meanest street that guy grew up on was Sesame street.
Fucking Phill "they never told me 14 credit cards were a bad idea" Burnell telling others about being street smart.

Shick

Body by Nabisco
kiwifarms.net
The only upside to using bits I can think of is that you can earn bits by watching ads, but those pay out like 5 bits as a time from what I've experienced, so I'm sure most people are just outright buying them.
You also get a super cool icon next to your name in chat and can appear on a weekly top 3 if you donate enough. It's a good way for paypigs to huff their own farts.

Freshtodeath

Kwhality Khantent
kiwifarms.net
I like how its suspiciously on last day of month. So if its a disaster what is he gonna do? I bet he is scheduling it a day before some crazy shit is due or he's fucked

Richard Harrow

kiwifarms.net
I like how its suspiciously on last day of month. So if its a disaster what is he gonna do? I bet he is scheduling it a day before some crazy shit is due or he's fucked
The irony is that no amount of tips is going to pull him out of this financial fiasco. He built a house of cards and I suspect he knew it all along. I don't think Ch 7 is going to be a feasible option at this rate and anything else is catastrophic. He can't even get a studio apartment with that jacked up credit of his.

actually

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most likely is that it's just for general spending. That's why he's doing the retrospective begathon a week before as well. He's basically just seeing how much he can get. Sorta like he did with the two tax begathons in March and April 2019. He knew he wasn't going to get all the money he actually needed, but he also knew that he could sound the alarm and get his tard brigade to pay up. He absolutely needed money, but it was all basically gravy.

ZehnBoat

JUST FUCKING BAM
kiwifarms.net
Even if Phil continues to have insane 'luck' and wins the lottery or something, these endings are inevitable. We just want to see the piggy squirm more.
part of me wishes phil would win the lottery just so he can be all the more pathetic when he begs about being broke while sitting in his mansion and worrying they might take his 2 cars or some shit
his pigs will still give him money though

tzgnilki

kiwifarms.net
Most likely is that it's just for general spending. That's why he's doing the retrospective begathon a week before as well. He's basically just seeing how much he can get. Sorta like he did with the two tax begathons in March and April 2019. He knew he wasn't going to get all the money he actually needed, but he also knew that he could sound the alarm and get his tard brigade to pay up. He absolutely needed money, but it was all basically gravy.
he always makes some outrageous goal, but we find out eventually he's on a payment plan for the accountant for $100 a month for 12 months, then another payment plan for the federal taxes which I don't think he has even been paying regularly, $15,000/$17,000 but his payment plan is $500 a month, and it has been a year?

it's as if he thinks to himself "what taxes can I not pay so I can have money to go out every week"

blames the trolls until the cows come home though

Very Honest Content

(Formerly a) Niggo(?)
kiwifarms.net
It is, but.... If I had to guess, he thinks KF goes too far with the doxxing of donators.
Can't imagine why a donator to DSP would hold that position...

At this point Phil Burnell should just bite the fucking bullet, put his entire debt total up as the tip goal (he'll be too lazy and deceptive to subtract the Twitch payments, patreon deposits, and merch sale revenue from it each month I figure) and keep it running all year. Go big or go broke, as they say, and he's already done the latter after all so might as well try the other one for snorts and goat laughs!

WeeblesWobble

kiwifarms.net
Can't imagine why a donator to DSP would hold that position...

At this point Phil Burnell should just bite the fucking bullet, put his entire debt total up as the tip goal (he'll be too lazy and deceptive to subtract the Twitch payments, patreon deposits, and merch sale revenue from it each month I figure) and keep it running all year. Go big or go broke, as they say, and he's already done the latter after all so might as well try the other one for snorts and goat laughs!
I mean, why not? May as well slap it up there once the Bankruptcy is in place. Provide his pigs a countdown to debt liberation and they all can help get him there. It's not like any of them would change their minds seeing it. Also, that would be the type of transparency he says he's always had.

Tags
None