Science Fecal transplants led to long-term reduction in autism symptoms, study reports - The cure to autism: poop transplants

Just a fag

the AGP of it all
kiwifarms.net

TEMPE, Az. — A study by Arizona State University researchers said that a clinical trial done on 18 children with autism that involved transforming their gut microbiomes through fecal transplants led to a significant reduction in symptoms.

"Professional evaluation revealed a 45% decrease in ASD symptoms compared to baseline," stated a press release from the ASU Biodesign Institute. "Researchers note that although there may be some placebo effect, much of that effect appears to be real. At the start of the study, 83% of participants were rated as “severe” autism. At the end of the study, only 17% were “severe,” 39% were “mild/moderate,” and 44% were below the cut-off for mild ASD."

The study, published April 9, followed up with the participants two years after the transplants and found a reduction in core autism spectrum disorder symptoms like language, social interaction and behavior.

Doctors have known of a connection between ASD and gastrointestinal disorders for years, but this study was based off of a newer theory that your gut microbiome can affect the brain, due to interplay between the GI tract and the central nervous system.

"An earlier study with only vancomycin (an antibiotic) had found major temporary improvements in GI and autism symptoms, but the benefits were lost a few weeks after treatment stopped despite use of over-the-counter probiotics," ASU said.

You can read the study here.
As funny as 'poop transplants' sound, I thought it would be interesting to supplement this article with this for a better understanding of fecal transplants.

DNA_JACKED

kiwifarms.net
At a glance it seems this was a study on children, kids tend to grow out of spergy behaviour, I'd wager that has a lot more to do with it than a fucking turd transplant.
Changes in social interaction and behavior are not ASD behavior that kids can grow out of, if they were then autism wouldnt be seen as such a huge issue.

Wile older autists learn how to deal with the world around them, it seems this treatment more changes the baseline for behavior. "severe" autism doesnt become "mild" with age.

Just a fag

the AGP of it all
kiwifarms.net
At a glance it seems this was a study on children, kids tend to grow out of spergy behaviour, I'd wager that has a lot more to do with it than a fucking turd transplant.
you may be right, however there have been a lot of recent experiments and studies in regards to linking gut health to different types of neurological conditions like Alzheimer's and dementia, so this looks to me like a further exploration of that trend.

dreamworks face

Model bugman
kiwifarms.net
A fecal transplant, also known as fecalbacteriotherapy, is the process of restoring the bacteria commonly found in the digestive tract with an infusion of feces (stool) from a donor.
So they can cure autism by shitting into people's stomachs?

I'm pretty sure if I were autistic and this was the proposed treatment, I'd go on the internet try to figure out how normal people talk (maybe by making an excel spreadsheet or something) and how to shut the fuck up about trains before receiving another fecal donation.

queue-anon

kiwifarms.net
My sort-of relative (my family tree is complicated, it's easier not to explain) had a baby in her 50s who turned out to be extremely autistic. Not quite straitjacketed, bashing-his-head-against-the-wall autistic, but close. My "relative", being into woo of all sorts, put him on a special diet, and it worked pretty well for as long as she was able to control his diet. Now that he's an adult, he sperges out constantly because he just eats whatever he wants.

Temple Grandin has also talked about autists having special dietary needs, which is one reason she got into treating farm animals more humanely. If she and other autists have to eat meat (which is her claim), then she felt sort of obligated to make farm animals lives and deaths less horrifying.

So, I can buy that there might be a gut-brain relationship there.

heathercho

あかんで !
kiwifarms.net
you may be right, however there have been a lot of recent experiments and studies in regards to linking gut health to different types of neurological conditions like Alzheimer's and dementia, so this looks to me like a further exploration of that trend.
This has been known for a rather long time. Every time studies were bought up, they were dismissed as "fantasy".
Gut health plays a huge part in the brain - even in brain injury patients https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6025245/ .

But you'll still have your research tards*, who wish to debunk everything.

http://exposingautismone.com/debunks/microbiome/ this is sort of balance, for a blog that "debunks" stuff.

I know quite a few research scientists and they fall into two camps - people who genuinely want to help others and are excited about new research and then you have your "niggas" who "debunk" everything coz they want more money for 'dem programs. They don't care if something is super obvious, they're intellectually dishonest pharma money chasers.

crocodilian

K. K. K. Rool
kiwifarms.net
tl;dr it's related to gut health. The shit in your intestines does interact with your gut microbiota (and vice-versa), autistic children have abnormal kinds.

You know what can cause abnormal gut microbiota? Vaccines. An absence of "herd immunity" causes this as well (and probably more reliably), but good luck telling any scientist-worshiping lefty fuckwit that their multicultural utopia might actually be harmful.

HoTTaKe

109 countries and 1 frigid, lifeless spacerock!
kiwifarms.net
the stool samples have to be taken from a healthy person with a rich diversity of gut microbiota, not from a degenerate faggot, for this to work.
Oh do I need a /s here? Either way - username checks out. Way to confirm your own science, autistic fag! Butt bacterialets BTFO!

Just a fag

the AGP of it all
kiwifarms.net
tl;dr it's related to gut health. The shit in your intestines does interact with your gut microbiota (and vice-versa), autistic children have abnormal kinds.

You know what can cause abnormal gut microbiota? Vaccines. An absence of "herd immunity" causes this as well (and probably more reliably), but good luck telling any scientist-worshiping lefty fuckwit that their multicultural utopia might actually be harmful.
gotta read the last line of the vaccine warning bud.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: quatchi55
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino