Science Fecal transplants led to long-term reduction in autism symptoms, study reports - The cure to autism: poop transplants

heathercho

あかんで !
kiwifarms.net
Propionic acid produced by the gut microbes likely plays a huge part in the social impairment symptoms of autism. In fact, injections of propionic acid are actually used in rats to create an animal model of autism. As for why do autists have screwed up gut microbiota? I believe that the answer lies in a chain of consequences originating in the impaired methylation cycle seen in autism. The methylation cycle does two main things: regenerate the universal methyl donor SAM (s-adenosyl methionine), and convert the amino acid methionine to the amino acid cysteine. This pathway is the body's main source of cysteine (which is broken down in the gut rather than absorbed). Cysteine is used for a lot of important things, but the significance for the gut is that cysteine is converted to taurine which is in turn used to synthesize bile salts; furthermore, cysteine is used as a source of sulfate which also plays a role in the gut. Of course, once the gut microbiota has been screwed up by years of low cysteine, just supplementing with NAC (n-acetyl-cysteine, a form of cysteine that can be administered orally) won't fix it. Thus, fecal transplants.
Amino acid related genetic malfunctions are becoming more understood lately and by the sounds of things, that may be where autism research is heading.
The Hartley Hooligans's ASD is an extreme form, but they're making some advances in glutamate synthesis disorders, I think it was, I can't remember now, but it was talked about in the thread. Itd be interesting if the cysteine etc connection proves solid.

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net
the stool samples have to be taken from a healthy person with a rich diversity of gut microbiota, not from a degenerate faggot, for this to work.
If it can cure autism, why not try your shit at curing gay? Or causing gay! Maybe analingus can lead to ingestion of gay ass shit, which turns ingestors into gay ass shits? There is no gay gene, just gay Gene, a coprophile.

Will hippies choose natural groin-fed de-range fecal transplants by way of analingus, as opposed to trusting Big Pharma's overprocessed lab-groin droppings?

Why stop at manshit? What can catshit do for us? If I gargle a pitbull crappé can I finally stop being such a pussy?

Shitting in each others asses to cure autism!!! (((NOT CLICKBAIT)))
Imagine seeing that on a March of Dimes telethon.

Last edited:

The Littlest Shitlord

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Amino acid related genetic malfunctions are becoming more understood lately and by the sounds of things, that may be where autism research is heading.
The Hartley Hooligans's ASD is an extreme form, but they're making some advances in glutamate synthesis disorders, I think it was, I can't remember now, but it was talked about in the thread. Itd be interesting if the cysteine etc connection proves solid.
Other cysteine-related issues in autism include disturbed copper/zinc balance, excess oxidative stress, altered brain development, and possibly the obsessive nature of autists. Cysteine is a vital component for metallothionen (MT) proteins; this single amino acid accounts for nearly 30% of their constituent amino acids. MT-I and MT-II are intracellular metal ion storage and transport proteins that are involved in copper and zinc regulation, and thus disturbances in the structure or quantity of these proteins may account for the copper/zinc imbalance in autists. MT-III plays a role in brain development as a neural growth inhibitor, and early brain overgrowth (potentially causing local overconnectivity in certain brain regions) is found in at least some autists.

The excess oxidative stress is partly a function of deficient glutathione. The availability of cysteine is the rate-limiting factor for glutathione synthesis, and in fact NAC is used in treating certain poisoning cases to raise glutathione levels quickly to help the body cope. Glutathione doesn't just act as an antioxidant itself, but it also is used to regenerate other antioxidants that have been used up. Ascorbate (vitamin C) is converted to dehydroascorbate (DHA) in the process of performing its own function, but glutathione regenerates DHA back to ascorbate. A similar process occurs with vitamin E, which has to be regenerated by vitamin C; thus, glutathione is indirectly responsible for maintaining vitamin E levels within the cell. Low levels of vitamin E have been correlated with OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder).

Autists are also deficient in the antioxidant alpha lipoic acid (ALA), which is probably a consequence both of cysteine deficiency and the SAM deficiency that is the other major effect of a disrupted methylation cycle. ALA synthesis requires an enzyme that uses the radical SAM mechanism and therefore both uses up SAM in its operation and requires cysteine for its manufacture.

Crocophile

Θώθ what's this?
kiwifarms.net
I'm a government certified minor-league sperg, but I'd rather be straight up full-time, major-league tarded than having someone else's shit in my ass. I'll just go the rest of my life not liking hugs, thanks.

cuddle striker

please wait what is your genotype
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm a government certified minor-league sperg, but I'd rather be straight up full-time, major-league tarded than having someone else's shit in my ass. I'll just go the rest of my life not liking hugs, thanks.
so, just to tone down the Fear, I'll explain.
they take a healthy person's feces and use lab equipment to remove everything but the necessary bacteria. those bacteria are then made into a slurry. this slurry is either used as enema or put through an NG tube just past the stomach.

it's not actually someone's entire shit. you aren't eating it or jamming it into your ass.

it's cleaned up enough not to be as horrifying as you'd think.

and yeah- the clinical research is solid.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino