Felicity Huffman, Lori Loughlin among 50 snared in elite college cheating scam, authorities say - Shortage of Hallmark Christmas movies expected later this year

Pokemonquistador

kiwifarms.net
This subject brings the following video to mind:

Back in the 19th century, if you were a wealthy member of the "merchant" class, and you wanted legitimacy and status, you'd marry your child to some Eurotrash aristocrat. Nowadays, you send them to the Ivy League. I'd once read on a conspiracy site somewhere that the superwealthy were obsessed with bolstering their bloodlines and marrying to create supergeniuses, but after hearing how dumb some of these "golden children" are, I can only assume that the Ruling Classes goofed and made the 21st century equivalent of the Hapsburg Dynasty instead.

Azovka

I coulda been a contender
kiwifarms.net
Small powerlevel but there’s just something so sad and unjust about this whole situation:

My family emigrated from Russia because the education there is super corrupt, and my mother wanted better for us.

I mean, my father had flat out bought a uni place and diploma at MGU (Moscow Government University - one of the best in Russia, and best known abroad) for his daughter from his first marriage (my half-sister), just like all of his friends did for their kids, who were the early 2000s versions of Insta thots.

And then, last year, I learned that a friend of mine from Oxford had her dad (my father’s friend) just buy her her Classics spot there. No corruption though. He just donated generously to the university to guarantee her a place when she applied through UCAS the following year.

And beyond these isolated examples, now it just feels like the problem with corruption is way more widespread than I originally thought.

Call it naive, but before my father told me his buddy bought his daughter a spot at Oxford in such a nonchalant manner, I thought Western schools were more impervious to corruption, save for the top 1% rich or upstart Russians.
Turns out, it’s not the case.

Feels even worse since I’ve been waitlisted for Yale, and now I’m legit just wondering what kind of shithead bought his way in, and whether I should’ve just done the same.

Far Queue

kiwifarms.net
Back in the 19th century, if you were a wealthy member of the "merchant" class, and you wanted legitimacy and status, you'd marry your child to some Eurotrash aristocrat. Nowadays, you send them to the Ivy League. I'd once read on a conspiracy site somewhere that the superwealthy were obsessed with bolstering their bloodlines and marrying to create supergeniuses, but after hearing how dumb some of these "golden children" are, I can only assume that the Ruling Classes goofed and made the 21st century equivalent of the Hapsburg Dynasty instead.
There are plenty of rich people who got that way through means other than intelligence. Hard work and perseverance go a long way to success as well. There's also a little bit of luck in being in the right place at the right time. Musicians, movie stars, or other entertainers are not chosen based on their intelligence, so even though they're rich, they could be stupid as hell. You don't have to look too far to find plenty of examples.

You're still likely to be above average intelligence if you are successful, but probably aren't a genius. A lot of today's biggest businesses started small and the owner's best move was hiring a lot of other highly talented individuals. Old European aristocracy is already inbred so marrying into that just raises the chance of potato children.

There's also the fact that genetics doesn't guarantee that two really smart people will produce a really smart child, just that they're more likely to as opposed to other people having children. If you have ten children, then you'll probably wind up with a few that are just as smart or maybe even one that's smarter. You can do the same with tall people, whose children will be taller than the population on average, but several of the children won't be as tall as their parents if you have enough.

Finally, there are a lot of people who don't raise their kids properly. When you're wealthy and busy with your own shit, you're probably not spending enough time with your kids and spoiling them rotten. It doesn't matter if they're intelligent if you don't teach them to utilize that and instead let them lead a life of luxury.

Lucille Bluth

kiwifarms.net
Is this shocking information to some people? Yes, the obscenely wealthy indiscriminately throw their money around and get everything they want for their trust fund brats.
I think the shocking part is that people are now facing charages and being investigated. Like using money to get into these schools has been going on for a long time.

I went to a rich private school for one year when I was about 14 but left because I hated it. I got in due to a scholarship and grades. I wondered how some of the kids got in when they seemed as dumb as Patrick and no different than the "poor people" in my old school. Then I did a little digging and realized that all their families were pretty much loaded.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
This subject brings the following video to mind:

Intelligence is directly heritable. Two high IQ parents will, generally, produce high IQ offspring. Issue arises however that Intelligence and Sexual Attractiveness are not correlated. You can be highly desirable sexually and be dumb as a box rocks. So high status and high IQ men often happily marry a dumb girl because she's hot. End result is your kids intelligence is a real coin flip. Repeat this down through the generations and you can in theory breed intelligence right out by selecting solely for physical attributes. Especially if the dumb son inherits all the money and subsequently marries a dumb female.

TowinKarz

Actually WILL Call Somebody.....
kiwifarms.net
I'd once read on a conspiracy site somewhere that the superwealthy were obsessed with bolstering their bloodlines and marrying to create supergeniuses, but after hearing how dumb some of these "golden children" are, I can only assume that the Ruling Classes goofed and made the 21st century equivalent of the Hapsburg Dynasty instead.
It's the human equivalent of breeding those show dogs with so many acquired genetic disorders that they're literally falling apart as they stand...... the end result of refining oneself into oblivion.

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
Is this shocking information to some people? Yes, the obscenely wealthy indiscriminately throw their money around and get everything they want for their trust fund brats.
I don't think it's shocking that it's happening. I think it's shocking people were charged. Like rich people are subject to law or something. When we know that money = connections and connections = what ever you want. Quite literally you could be dumb as a two cousins baby, and thanks to your parents money and connections, you will never have to worry about anything.

It's only proven what we've always suspected, that the idea of the nobles and the peasants, really never died.

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net

“A lot of people will point out, and they have every right to do so, that Donald Trump himself is a beneficiary of a system that’s rigged in favor of the elite. Let’s not forget The New York Times investigation that revealed at age three, Donald Trump was earning $200,000 a year in today’s dollars,” Lemon told his viewers.

“He was a millionaire by age 8,” Lemon shrugged.

“Soon after he graduated from college, he was getting the equivalent of a million a year from his father,” he continued. “All of that is true, but none of it changes the fact that for far too many people, the American dream is rigged. And he spoke to that. Maybe he’s questionable as the messenger for this, but it’s a message a lot of people feel in their core. Rigged in favor of the wealthy and the powerful. And a whole lot of people in this country on the left and on the right are angry about that.”
Trump's parents didn't bribe his way into college, but he was born into wealth and that's just as bad.

Don Lemon is worth 10 million dollars. Despite having a double digit IQ, he wields an enormous amount of power with his media presence. He is one of the wealthy and powerful. He has more wealth and power than most, by far. What a putz.

What is it with Lemon and Acosta? How can they be employed? They are both so painfully dumb.

Maxliam

Professional Niggo
kiwifarms.net
She was involved much more deeply than he was.
Because he has an actual career in movies and tv. She's a nobody. Even on the Desperate Housewives show the two hottest chicks were the ginger and spic one.

Also, that instagram bitch reminds me of Ari from Planet of the Apes (AKA Planet of the Vietnam Fuckin Shits)

Reactions: millais

HiddenFist

Things will change with time. Only in summertime.
kiwifarms.net

Trump's parents didn't bribe his way into college, but he was born into wealth and that's just as bad.

Don Lemon is worth 10 million dollars. Despite having a double digit IQ, he wields an enormous amount of power with his media presence. He is one of the wealthy and powerful. He has more wealth and power than most, by far. What a putz.

What is it with Lemon and Acosta? How can they be employed? They are both so painfully dumb.
It's a well known fact that media outlets hire those with the same viewpoints as them even if they are flat out exceptionals. Not to mention the amount of TDS oozing from CNN.

Dracula's Spirit Animal

One time, I accidentally ate a bunch of nails
kiwifarms.net
Okay. So we have all heard endlessly about it's pretty much flipping a coin for whether your daughter gets raped and traumatized by Conan the Barbarian if she goes to college.

Yet, not only are parents willing to LET THEM go at all, are willing to pay for it, to the tunes of tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars, but are also willing to bribe to the tune of extra hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars, breaking the law in the process, for their girls to be sent to these third world rape camps called university? [I think I just wrote a grammatically corrent run-on sentence.]

Something doesn't add up in Current Year narrative. Completely exceptional worldview. So sad!

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
This is a non-scandal, a distraction. Does anyone care that 50-60 kids got into a college because their parents paid tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars to bribe some people? It’s not anything new or different than giving a school money for a building to secure their kids a spot or legacy spots. The rich don’t play by the rules but its also an insignificant amount of the population.

The outrage crowd are upset because somehow this kept poor black kids out of college or caused a bunch of idiot gender studies majors to go into severe debt. Except that it didn’t, they were always bound to go into debt or not be enrolled because they don’t deserve it.

These kids don’t deserve it either because they’re clearly not qualified in many cases but so ducking what.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino