Female-driven Lord of The Flies remake in the works. - More gender-swapping for the sake of it.

SamTheEagle

What if the true lolcow is inside us?
kiwifarms.net
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/31/arts/lord-of-the-flies-girls.html?mcubz=0
Using girls “might help people see the story anew,” Mr. McGehee said.

“It breaks away from some of the conventions, the ways we think of boys and aggression,” he said. “People still talk about the movie and the book from the standpoint of pure storytelling. It is a great adventure story, real entertainment, but it has a lot of meaning embedded in it as well.”

Wait, Lord of the Flies is an "adventure story" now? And I love the insinuation that they have special insight to the book's embedded meaning. That, and it's two men in charge of this story about girls. Maybe Joss Whedon's antics inspired them.

The Valeyard

kiwifarms.net
What if "Piggy" is the cruel nickname given to a girl with anorexia? I think it would be an interesting twist, but it would probably be considered too much of a risk by the suits who greenlit the film.

friedshrimp

028372n38934739473247219074
kiwifarms.net
It could work, at least it sounds a little more inviting than the fiasco Heathers remake, but being a remake at all in this day and age will pretty much stop it from being a genuine good film.

Drag-on Knight 91873

"Listen man, it's complicated."
kiwifarms.net
Considering the novel was set in an alternative history of the Cold War going nuclear, Golding's logic implies no war would happen because men are violent savages.

With women, the novel would be over after two pages of the girls dying of starvation in menstrual blood. To correct this, set the movie in an SJW's wet dream alternative history where Hillary Clinton wins and along with Angela Merkel, start a nuclear war with evil white male Vladimir Putin. The Ralph character would be a Jewish feminist, Simon a Muslim in a burka, and Piggy a black gentle giant. Only the Jack character would be white as the antagonist.
Jacquline would be a total Stacy with the biggest, fittest tits. And sharpest claws of course. Ralphaphine would be flatchested that gets ripped on for knowing how to blow conches, and Piggy... would look like Starfire's daughter.

With all of this craze of trying to make movies out books, gender swapping and terrible marketing campaigns, when we get the female Catcher and the Rye?
Daria?

Sex Cannon Lupa

kiwifarms.net
it came out and has about a 50% average for ratings, obviously less with audiences. cant find many videos on it though.
"Starring Maya Hawke" tells me everything I need to know about this nonsense. Anything that comes out of Austin is destined to be a woke failure.

The description reminds me of the "female Fight Club" movie that got everyone up in arms, then it turned out to be a retarded romcom that also happened to have some shitty fight scenes.

Chick-Fight-movie-poster.jpg

From The Uncanny Valley

Man of Culture (♀️)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Starring Maya Hawke" tells me everything I need to know about this nonsense. Anything that comes out of Austin is destined to be a woke failure.

The description reminds me of the "female Fight Club" movie that got everyone up in arms, then it turned out to be a retarded romcom that also happened to have some shitty fight scenes.

View attachment 2356639
Boss Baby not paying the Bill's, Alec?

Drag-on Knight 91873

"Listen man, it's complicated."
kiwifarms.net
From the reviews it seems to be about the girls being trapped in a house that they are too dumb to break its windows, instead of a monster on the island there's a FILTHY MAN in the house, and instead of wearing scraps the girl joing different cliques defined on fashion wear.
That sounds like a good comedy, actually.

The Token Ethnic

♪ Hashire sori yo... ♫
kiwifarms.net
The director has an upcoming movie called " Please Baby Please" starring Demi Moore, Andrea Riseborough and Chris D'ella's brother. The synopsis sounds like it'll be worse than Ladyword. "Newlyweds Suse and Arthur become the dangerous obsession of a greaser gang that awakens a sleeping quandary into the couple's sexual identity." The wife turns into a greaser dyke/troon and the guy does the same?