Feminist Criticism In Games: Thank You, Anita Sarkeesian -

• Conducting some maintenance.

Troonologist PhD

kiwifarms.net
Agreed, although I'd add Emperor Constantine I, Mao Zedong, the Puritans, and Lenin to that list and maybe spare the Marquis De Sade and Aleister Crowley and bring them back to the present alongside Bill Hicks, GG Allin, and Tim Wilson and sign them up for Kiwi Farms.
Eliminating the Puritans, Mao, and Lenin would be unnecessary because I got rid of the people that inspired them. For that reason it may not be necessary to get rid of Crowley if I just got rid of all the occultists that came centuries before. It would be easier to just prevent the brain injury that turned him into what he was rather than killing him or preventing his parents from ever meeting. I’m sure the Marquis de Sade would still be torture-murder-raping women and children though.

King Henry VIII should most likely go on my list. Diocletian, Nero, Ghengis Khan, and William Sherman definitely should.

Syaoran Li

The Fresh Prince of Mayberry
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Eliminating the Puritans, Mao, and Lenin would be unnecessary because I got rid of the people that inspired them. For that reason it may not be necessary to get rid of Crowley if I just got rid of all the occultists that came centuries before. It would be easier to just prevent the brain injury that turned him into what he was rather than killing him or preventing his parents from ever meeting. I’m sure the Marquis de Sade would still be torture-murder-raping women and children though.

King Henry VIII should most likely go on that list. Diocletian, Nero, Ghengis Khan definitely should.

Nah, I'd spare Diocletian since he was actually one of Rome's better emperors and one of the last good ones while everyone else you mentioned pretty much were scumbags and tyrants.

He was a competent administrator, resolved the Crisis of the Third Century, and was smart enough to divide the bloated empire into the East and West and was smart enough to retire as he got up there in age.

Diocletian often gets depicted as a latter-day Nero solely because of his prosecutions against the Christians, who had become a growing problem in Rome that were akin to the SJW's of today, while Nero persecuted the Christians when they were a fairly small and pacifistic hippie sect in addition to being a bipolar libertine that had a slew of other issues.

From a strictly political standpoint, Diocletian was trying to root out what he saw as a dangerously subversive movement bringing the state down from within by coopting its institutions while Nero went after a very soft low-hanging target solely for the purpose of having a convenient scapegoat for his own shortcomings.

Mr Metron666

Colourful Seashell Invader From The Planet Metron
kiwifarms.net
I have the same time travel fantasy too, but to be honest I'm not sure if you killed a few people others wouldn't just pop up in their place, for whatever reason the zeitgeist shifted the way it shifted and I'm not sure there would have been any preventing it sadly, people just decided to get a bug up their ass about women's depiction in the media, Sarkeesian simply very effectively rode a cultural wave, I'm not sure how much she was responsible for creating it (she certainly made it 100 times worse, but like I said if it wasn't her someone else probably would have just stepped up to the plate)
Well the only way we'd find out is to well, do it and see the results. Perhaps whoever replaces her & the other wokies (if someone does) won't be nearly as competent, charismatic or successful to the point of garnering mainstream media support, thus people may have seen them for what they really are a whole lot sooner & thus, the woke era won't never have happened. Besides, if someone did replace Sarkeesian & the other wokies and were just as successful, if not moreso, than them, then I could always time-travel murder them as well and keep doing so until no-one replaces them and the decade turns out perfect (or at least better than what we got)
Either way, if we do see a backlash against woke culture after 2020, her influence will diminish further and she'll move onto the next grift.
Yeah, but that's not a proper comeuppance for someone who's done as much damage as she has. Also, I know i'm late to this now, but what the hell? Better late than never I say.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Nah, I'd spare Diocletian since he was actually one of Rome's better emperors and one of the last good ones while everyone else you mentioned pretty much were scumbags and tyrants.

He was a competent administrator, resolved the Crisis of the Third Century, and was smart enough to divide the bloated empire into the East and West and was smart enough to retire as he got up there in age.

Diocletian often gets depicted as a latter-day Nero solely because of his prosecutions against the Christians, who had become a growing problem in Rome that were akin to the SJW's of today, while Nero persecuted the Christians when they were a fairly small and pacifistic hippie sect in addition to being a bipolar libertine that had a slew of other issues.

From a strictly political standpoint, Diocletian was trying to root out what he saw as a dangerously subversive movement bringing the state down from within by coopting its institutions while Nero went after a very soft low-hanging target solely for the purpose of having a convenient scapegoat for his own shortcomings.

If we're talking religious puritan Roman autocrats I'd go with Theodosius 'the great' . Cultural vandal and lap dog of the bishop, if he was half the leader of constantine he would have converted to arianism, Mancheism or Paganism the moment ambrose stepped had the balls to order him to do anything.
The 3 civil wars, cultural vandalism and pathetic theocratic heirs in speak for themselves

Last edited:

Syaoran Li

The Fresh Prince of Mayberry
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If we're talking religious puritan Roman autocrats I'd go with Theodosius 'the great' . Cultural vandal and lap dog of the bishop, if he was half the leader of contantine he would have converted to arianism, Mancheism or Paganism the moment ambrose stepped had the balls to order him to do anything.
The 3 civil wars, cultural vandalism and pathetic theocratic heirs in speak for themselves

Amen.

The Edict of Milan and its consequences have been a mistake for the entire human race. The Edict of Theodosius only made things exponentially worse.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
Amen.

The Edict of Milan and its consequences have been a mistake for the entire human race. The Edict of Theodosius only made things exponentially worse.

He's pretty much the swing emperor, with his rule the empire becomes a full blown palatial monarchy ruled by divine right. The shift began with auralian but the edict is the final nail in the coffin. It took centuries to undo the damage.

JohnMcAfee

Political Juice Historian and Software Degenerate.
kiwifarms.net
Anita Sarkeesian is the definition of almost all game journalists. They bitch and moan about the representation and the violence towards minorities in video games without even playing them and then post their shitty articles on Kotaku or Polygon. "Game Journalist" is just a fancy way to say "Fuckhead who bitches about fake problems". Apply some reverse psychology to the southern enemies in Resident Evil 4 and turn them into minorities and picture how mad they would be. Game Journalists and "The Media" as a whole just reeks of a double standard.

Dysnomia

Is Reimu gonna have to smack a bitch?
kiwifarms.net
Anita Sarkeesian is the definition of almost all game journalists. They bitch and moan about the representation and the violence towards minorities in video games without even playing them and then post their shitty articles on Kotaku or Polygon. "Game Journalist" is just a fancy way to say "Fuckhead who bitches about fake problems". Apply some reverse psychology to the southern enemies in Resident Evil 4 and turn them into minorities and picture how mad they would be. Game Journalists and "The Media" as a whole just reeks of a double standard.

I miss the days when you bought a magazine, looked at the screenshots and read reviews. Simple. Now everything has to have a woke moral statement attached to it and an essay about how some random element in a game is a huge trans/feminist/LGBTRSTLNE++ allegory that finally made you feel included. The only people reading these articles don't care about the games. They just want to see the infection spread.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I miss the days when you bought a magazine, looked at the screenshots and read reviews. Simple. Now everything has to have a woke moral statement attached to it and an essay about how some random element in a game is a huge trans/feminist/LGBTRSTLNE++ allegory that finally made you feel included. The only people reading these articles don't care about the games. They just want to see the infection spread.
Even in the magazines of old you would find a political dig here and there, but it wasn't absolutely overwhelming like today.

Today "video game journalists" couldn't give a single solitary shit about video games, it's just an excuse to push more propaganda, back then even though the majority of game journalists were probably still left leaning they still actually, ya know, cared about video games.

It's an absolute travesty what the bastards have done to game journalism and the wider gaming culture.