Fiber optic vs. Copper wire, which is better? -

Real Fakeman

kiwifarms.net
I know this is a bit unrelated to the original question, but how safe is Tor? I'm pretty sure it's still connected to the same glownigger system (ie packet switching and TCP/IP) but unlike the regular internet (or the clearnet/normieweb) it is still safer. Also, how would you compare its security to something else like, say, BBS? From what I heard, the feds would have to manually tap into BBS because with BBS you're no longer connected to the internet (assuming you're not using it through Telnet or SSH).
langbein.jpg

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
I know this is a bit unrelated to the original question, but how safe is Tor? I'm pretty sure it's still connected to the same glownigger system (ie packet switching and TCP/IP) but unlike the regular internet (or the clearnet/normieweb) it is still safer. Also, how would you compare its security to something else like, say, BBS? From what I heard, the feds would have to manually tap into BBS because with BBS you're no longer connected to the internet (assuming you're not using it through Telnet or SSH).
It's not because you still have to Exit or enter into the Tor network somewhere and that is tracked unless you VPN somewhere that allows you access to a TOR network and then don't go anywhere OUTSIDE the Tor network.

The NSA has already compromised Tor to an extent as they monitor the entry/exit nodes and can, with difficulty, find where shit is coming from.

The Bulletin Board System still runs on a computer, still is tapped into a Phone network which still runs through data lines (phone lines) and still can be busted into by the FBI/NSA if they feel like it because the phone network still goes through a carrier to get to the connection point.

Your only hope to truly stay anonymous is to have multiple one use cell phones with random phone numbers while you move from state to state constantly using different online alias and using some form of bartering trade that doesn't involve crypto i.e. Gold/Jewelry.

Or you use carrier pigeons.

AmpleApricots

kiwifarms.net
Isn't it funny when the level of the paranoia of a person wildly exceeds their technical knowledge, to the point they're scared of the mystical magical boxes they don't understand? I bet there's a german word for it but I can't think of any.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Isn't it funny when the level of the paranoia of a person wildly exceeds their technical knowledge, to the point they're scared of the mystical magical boxes they don't understand? I bet there's a german word for it but I can't think of any.
The word is "Twit"

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
It's "neger", for fishing expiditions it's "glühen neger".

SickNastyBastard

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you're worried/paranoid about security, never use any wireless communication then. The rest is out of your control, because alphabets can still intercept fiberoptic transmissions. They already know who you are, you are already profiled and if you are into some real gangsta shit use the tails OS on USB on a trashable device nowhere near your own network. Build your own VPN if you want to ensure logless shit. Otherwise, make sure you "John A. Smith" real life isn't connected easily to the life of "Fuck Guvment McNiggerpants". Make sure both have full encryption and hope to god you can clear any cache that exists if you get no-knocked.

It's not because you still have to Exit or enter into the Tor network somewhere and that is tracked unless you VPN somewhere that allows you access to a TOR network and then don't go anywhere OUTSIDE the Tor network.

The NSA has already compromised Tor to an extent as they monitor the entry/exit nodes and can, with difficulty, find where shit is coming from.

The Bulletin Board System still runs on a computer, still is tapped into a Phone network which still runs through data lines (phone lines) and still can be busted into by the FBI/NSA if they feel like it because the phone network still goes through a carrier to get to the connection point.

Your only hope to truly stay anonymous is to have multiple one use cell phones with random phone numbers while you move from state to state constantly using different online alias and using some form of bartering trade that doesn't involve crypto i.e. Gold/Jewelry.

Or you use carrier pigeons.
They may have some advanced algorithms or MiTM shit, but look through the archive of any DNM arrest and you'll see like 95% of them were through package interception and monitoring, the rest were through vendor stupidity. Not saying don't be overly cautious, just saying they aren't as great as some people boast. But, those were the only ones publicly available. Who knows what kind of ops they are running anyways.

Last edited:

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
But that's not the only security measure I'm considering there's many other things to take into account. I never said that by simply using copper wire you're automatically safe online. For example, why is AT&T and so many other phone companies trying to push fiber optics over copper when for years, copper has been the golden standard of carrying telephone lines? Again, this question is simply a matter of which is better in terms of security.
Goddamn, you’re massively rëtärdëd.

The type of line makes no fucking difference, all your packets go through your provider’s network routing, and are equally interceptable, so either way, they ARE going to find your underage beastiality hentai Fanfic addiction is real.

Reactions: Vecr
Tags
None