Fighting for my life 06/06/20 - Amberlynn will soon be seeing her mother, for the first time in 12 years

PB4ZZZ

kiwifarms.net
Can she even get surgery at her current weight?
If her chance of imminent death from cancer is high enough they WILL do surgery right now. They will be explicit that the surgery could kill her but so will the cancer so...her choice. Physicians are rather risk averse, though, so, if its spread is slow enough they may buy time with non surgical therapies while making her lose weight then do surgery. Pre-cancerous cells or stage 4 cancer, either way that uterus will need to go. Keep in mind that she has a lot of adipose tissue where all those toxic chemicals she's going to be exposed to can linger...she'll have side effects x 100 and be at risk of other cancers down the road.

If she tries to pull the ole "I know what's best for me", they'll give her some supportive therapies like pain meds BUT they aren't going to waste time treating a non-compliant patient.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If her chance of imminent death from cancer is high enough they WILL do surgery right now. They will be explicit that the surgery could kill her but so will the cancer so...her choice. discovered Physicians are rather risk averse, though, so, if its spread is slow enough they may buy time with non surgical therapies while making her lose weight then do surgery. Pre-cancerous cells or stage 4 cancer, either way that uterus will need to go. Keep in mind that she has a lot of adipose tissue where all those toxic chemicals she's going to be exposed to can linger...she'll have side effects x 100 and be at risk of other cancers down the road.

If she tries to pull the ole "I know what's best for me", they'll give her some supportive therapies like pain meds BUT they aren't going to waste time treating a non-compliant patient.
She's terribly unclear about what's been discovered. If it's abnormal cervical cells she might need nothing more than a cone biopsy or LEEP.

The next steps will give clues to what's actually going on, but they typically take a few weeks to organise even with confirmed, advanced cancer.

Free the Pedos

What the fuck's a washing machine doing in a pub?
kiwifarms.net
And they will not operate as huge as she is. Liability.
This week on a special crossover episode of Fag Shanty...
[shuffles in]
"How y'all doin'?"

What does that mean, exactly? Would they kick her out of the program for non-compliance?

King DDT

You better tech that, you lil-
kiwifarms.net
In all that Amber Ramble, it kind of sounds like she misinterpreted a diagnosis and now she's desperately trying to bring up unrelated stuff and offhandedly mentioned going to a cancer doctor so that people wouldn't drill her on more info.

I'm placing bets that Big A is gonna walk back the Big C.

EDIT: Maybe I'm just super biased but the whole spiel about "normalcy" just sounds like setting up excuses for some future bad decisions. Like "I have to eat CheeseCakeFactory's orange chicken just to feel normal".

Last edited:

Tiny Clanger

Probably your granny
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm just gonna say it.
How many of you cancer survivors out there would have been in the mindset of getting online and making a video like this?
Sure as hell not me.
If she had found out it was truly cancer- I don't think she would be online.
I think, to Big Albert whose ability to look to the future is so low that when she tried she ends up going backwards and looking up her own gigantic arse instead, this is, right now, her chance to shine. To turn all the negativity and bask in the loving embrace of idiots who say "you got this, gurl." There is no room for critical thinking here, just emote. Don't question, just believe.

So. She's bleeding like a stick pig, it's all very dramatic and she's Going to Die unless huge emergency operate now (very LA Psych, eh?) and she stops breathing during emergency surgery then CANCER, o noes! Surely we should get a tableau of fat 'tucky lesbos all bawling their eyes out around the hospital bed in which our gorl forces herself to Fight This, not for herself but for those who adore her. It is so hard, but she must go on, nestled amongst a million machines keeping her delicate body going. Faintly, she croaks acceptance as Density begs she be forgiven, truly they were meant to be together and now Dusty realises and sweeps her frail beloved up in a passionate embrace as Thumbo cleans the bedpans and Dana disappears in a puff of sulphur, boooooo hiss.

Reality? She had a D&C and has been lounging on Pillow Mountain ever since. A very routine, VERY small procedure that was only a complication at all - if it even was - because she is the size of a house. No keeping her in for observation, no rush on pathology, a two-week follow-up, lose-weight-before-surgery etc etc. This....is not an aggressive medical response. It's barely one click above daily routine, and I am pretty sure medical advice was most certainly NOT to just lay there and bulge. She had a scrape, but she's making more fuss than people who have had major organs removed.

But in that fat, stupid head, it's fuck the future, right now she can be what she's always wanted to be, the beautiful, beloved and inspiring heroine in her own story all without having to do a single thing. It's beautiful. And you WILL fucking worship, bitches.

Cynical Clanger is cynical.

Punkinsplice

An cermet and I talk shit about you
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In all that Amber Ramble, it kind of sounds like she misinterpreted a diagnosis and now she's desperately trying to bring up unrelated stuff and offhandedly mentioned going to a cancer doctor so that people wouldn't drill her on more info.

I'm placing bets that Big A is gonna walk back the Big C.
I think she is going to release any video she can to get coin and expects everyone to be supportive because she has cancer ( allegedly). She doesn't understand that maybe some of these videos are inappropriate and tone deaf. Cancer justifies it.

TomatilloSalsa

Easy Peasy Portuguese-y
kiwifarms.net
Bringing her mom into her house right now is not a good idea.

Amber is in a vulnerable place right now and it would be very easy for her mom to take advantage of that.

If you've been estranged from someone for 12 years, you don't reset your relationship by inviting them into your house for a week. You take little steps. They should be having a short meeting at a neutral location like a hotel or a restaurant.

PB4ZZZ

kiwifarms.net
What does that mean, exactly? Would they kick her out of the program for non-compliance?
If she doesn't follow the Doctors orders, lose weight, and be med compliant, they won't operate or waste expensive cancer drugs.
They'll administer supportive/palliative care, the cancer center she goes to will keep her on as a patient I would guess...just not treating the cancer just the symptoms.

Disclaimer: I am assuming thing based on worst case scenario. I am aware Amber could have given out bad info.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bringing her mom into her house right now is not a good idea.

Amber is in a vulnerable place right now and it would be very easy for her mom to take advantage of that.

If you've been estranged from someone for 12 years, you don't reset your relationship by inviting them into your house for a week. You take little steps. They should be having a short meeting at a neutral location like a hotel or a restaurant.
On the other hand, it should lead to some fresh content instead of same old, same old.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If she doesn't follow the Doctors orders, lose weight, and be med compliant, they won't operate or waste expensive cancer drugs.
They'll administer supportive/palliative care, the cancer center she goes to will keep her on as a patient I would guess...just not treating the cancer just the symptoms.

Disclaimer: I am assuming thing based on worst case scenario. I am aware Amber could have given out bad info.
If she has no insurance and she can't afford to self-fund treatment, how likely is it that she'll be given treatment anyway except for the times when a complication lands her in hospital and they treat the immediate emergency and then discharge her?

Tiny Clanger

Probably your granny
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Moonpie Now I want this. This scenario, please.

Edit cos fergots....help out the dumb Brit, pliz. Your healthcare system makes my brain ache.

IF it is cancer and if it needs even something like a hysterectomy, how does that work for someone who doesn't have insurance? Her premiums would've been enormous before this but now, even if she tried to get insurance (is that even possible?) The rates would be catastrophic. And can insurance companies refuse to cover pre-existing conditions?

That's assuming she can get insurance. What happens if you can't? Do they just stop treating you once the $$$ runs out? And the costs will be infinitely higher cos she'll need bariatric everything, from transport to bed to operating table. What happens, anyone know?

Last edited:

mekalekahi

I feel like off of lexapro my vlogs are better.
kiwifarms.net
I will be shocked if amber follows anything the doctors tell her to do. She has such low respect for medical professionals,she is going to get back up to 600 after they tell her to drop weight and then have to have emergency surgery where she will most likely not wake up.Everything is a game and for attention to her.

She has and always will use the ER as a place to fix her fuck ups and she probably intends for them quick fix her with this issue too.

TomatilloSalsa

Easy Peasy Portuguese-y
kiwifarms.net
If she has no insurance and she can't afford to self-fund treatment, how likely is it that she'll be given treatment anyway except for the times when a complication lands her in hospital and they treat the immediate emergency and then discharge her?
This is what people often don't understand when they say if you don't have insurance you can just "get free care at the ER."

The ER treats acute injuries and illnesses. They are required by law to stabilize you (i.e. do reasonable things to stop you from dying right there in their hospital) regardless of your ability to pay.

Cancer is not an acute condition. There are no oncologists in an ER. There is no chemotherapy/radiation in an ER. The only treatment an ER will give a cancer patient is if someone who's Stage 4 with cancer metastasized everywhere shows up with organ failure, and then they'll stabilize them (this could possibly include surgically removing a large tumor that was pressing on an organ or nerve and causing acute problems) and discharge them. That's not going to cure their cancer. They won't receive any follow-up care from an oncologist or any chemo or radiation. This process will repeat itself until they're so far gone that they can't be resuscitated and they die in the ER or on the way there.

A family friend had to self-fund her cancer treatment because the treatments she'd been having weren't working and the next step was to go to a cancer center out of state that her insurance wouldn't pay for because it was out of network. She had to write them a check for $10,000 right when she got there before they would start any kind of treatment.

AL needs to go find an oncologist (she was most likely given the pathology test results by whoever the attending physician for her ER visit/surgery was because that's the person who would have gotten the results and she has no primary care doctor; she may be under the mistaken assumption that the doctors she saw at the hospital are people who can treat her cancer) who will work with her on a self-pay plan. She will probably have to put down a deposit. If she doesn't pay the bills for her treatment, they can "fire" her as a patient and she'll have 30 days to find another oncologist and be back to square one.

She's going to have to actually start adulting. She will probably have to go to Lexington to see an oncologist, or maybe even Louisville or Nashville, depending on who is willing to take her on, given her severe obesity and lack of insurance. She will have to keep a schedule and know when her appointments are so that Becky or someone else can drive her and not schedule things in conflicting times/locations. She will have to keep track of her medications and take them when/how she is told. She will have to stick to any diet/lifestyle restrictions she is given. She will have to go get blood tests and imaging when she's supposed to.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is what people often don't understand when they say if you don't have insurance you can just "get free care at the ER."

The ER treats acute injuries and illnesses. They are required by law to stabilize you (i.e. do reasonable things to stop you from dying right there in their hospital) regardless of your ability to pay.

Cancer is not an acute condition. There are no oncologists in an ER. There is no chemotherapy/radiation in an ER. The only treatment an ER will give a cancer patient is if someone who's Stage 4 with cancer metastasized everywhere shows up with organ failure, and then they'll stabilize them (this could possibly include surgically removing a large tumor that was pressing on an organ or nerve and causing acute problems) and discharge them. That's not going to cure their cancer. They won't receive any follow-up care from an oncologist or any chemo or radiation. This process will repeat itself until they're so far gone that they can't be resuscitated and they die in the ER or on the way there.

A family friend had to self-fund her cancer treatment because the treatments she'd been having weren't working and the next step was to go to a cancer center out of state that her insurance wouldn't pay for because it was out of network. She had to write them a check for $10,000 right when she got there before they would start any kind of treatment.

AL needs to go find an oncologist (she was most likely given the pathology test results by whoever the attending physician for her ER visit/surgery was because that's the person who would have gotten the results and she has no primary care doctor; she may be under the mistaken assumption that the doctors she saw at the hospital are people who can treat her cancer) who will work with her on a self-pay plan. She will probably have to put down a deposit. If she doesn't pay the bills for her treatment, they can "fire" her as a patient and she'll have 30 days to find another oncologist and be back to square one.

She's going to have to actually start adulting. She will probably have to go to Lexington to see an oncologist, or maybe even Louisville or Nashville, depending on who is willing to take her on, given her severe obesity and lack of insurance. She will have to keep a schedule and know when her appointments are so that Becky or someone else can drive her and not schedule things in conflicting times/locations. She will have to keep track of her medications and take them when/how she is told. She will have to stick to any diet/lifestyle restrictions she is given. She will have to go get blood tests and imaging when she's supposed to.
If she stopped earning money from YouTube, how long would it be before she could qualify for Medicaid and get treatment that way?

TomatilloSalsa

Easy Peasy Portuguese-y
kiwifarms.net
If she stopped earning money from YouTube, how long would it be before she could qualify for Medicaid and get treatment that way?
She's not going to be able to get it any time soon. She's probably already made more than the maximum income threshold for this tax year as it is (you have to be really damn poor to get Medicaid, particularly as a single person with no dependent children).

She's going to have to deal with getting her bank account drained for the rest of this year until she can buy health insurance during open enrollment this December.

The only other option I can think of is her getting an actual full-time 40-hour-a-week job that has health insurance. And she is basically physically incapable of doing that at this point.

Tags
None