Fighting Games General -

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Looks like Strive is getting blown the fuck up and Arcsys truly learned nothing from the horribly negative feedback to the DBZ lobby system.

This is why I'm just done playing fighters. Jap devs don't want to listen and never want to improve.

Thiletonomics

도널드 트럼프 승리의 소금.
kiwifarms.net
When we had started the OP was going to feature the Infiltration drama as a way of showing how the pronoun squad had invaded the scene. We were also going to feature James Chen's whiteknighting, Ultradavid's absolutely garbage legal takes, and the antics of team spooky. We already have threads on LTG and Sonicfox, but the FGC is filled with many wacky characters.

The FGC isn't as entertaining as it used to be in terms of blowups though, and there are +10 year feuds still going on today, so getting all that info will be a bitch of itself. Honestly I'd say just keep an eye out on r/kappa for any wacky happenings.
Don't forget about Marn's shenanigans, i.e. the time when he rigged the brackets in a Guilty Gear tournament to give himself an advantage.

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
Don't forget about Marn's shenanigans, i.e. the time when he rigged the brackets in a Guilty Gear tournament to give himself an advantage.
Also when he went to EVO with that infected leg of his. Like I said there's literal decades of shit there.

Dr. Geronimo

kiwifarms.net
Sounds like a lot of tourneyfags are real lolcows when you look into them.
Literally every player has some hilarious lolcow moments. That's why making a thread is such a daunting task especially when most of the farms wouldn't give a shit.

When smug first started streaming he would ask for donations with a literal wall of Jordans behind him.

ChrisG sucked toes on stream and talked shit about Robin Williams offing himself.

There is just so much. If you wanted a real, comprehensive thread it would make weeb wars look like how this thread is now. If someone really wants to start one the only advice I can give is just start at whatever is happening at the moment. Like right now the big dealings are LTG and guilty gear being shit.

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
As a followup to my last post, Murray has confirmed that a new patch is coming next week for tekken; but it seems to only be a fix to the new guy’s command throw being far harder to break than any other throw in the game.
GG looks fine besides the UI being shit, and they might want to scale the damage back a bit.

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
Looks like Strive is getting blown the fuck up and Arcsys truly learned nothing from the horribly negative feedback to the DBZ lobby system.

This is why I'm just done playing fighters. Jap devs don't want to listen and never want to improve.
Care to explain? Is it where you're basically playing online and have to navigate a physical lobby to get to an NPC that brings up the multiplayer box? Because whilst I'm pretty comfortable with DBFZ, that was a complete inconvenience next to the ease of Xrd or BB's menus. They shouldn't force the lobby on everyone.

Also when he went to EVO with that infected leg of his. Like I said there's literal decades of shit there.
Also when he was one of the people responsible for Guilty Gear being pulled out of EVO for several years (i,e.: the team showed up super late).

Also that he apparently ran a restaurant in Vietnam where he blackmailed employees with their employment in exchange for sexual favours.

Last edited:

Dr. Geronimo

kiwifarms.net
Care to explain? Is it where you're basically playing online and have to navigate a physical lobby to get to an NPC that brings up the multiplayer box? Because whilst I'm pretty comfortable with DBFZ, that was a complete inconvenience next to the ease of Xrd or BB's menus. They shouldn't force the lobby on everyone.

Also that he apparently ran a restaurant in Vietnam where he blackmailed employees with their employment in exchange for sexual favours.
I believe the restaurant part is around the 19 minute mark. That dude rivals Triforce on scumminess.

As for GG's lobby system, prepare yourself:

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
As for GG's lobby system, prepare yourself:
I saw the "April Fools" stuff about it. Now I don't mind simplistic visuals generally, but why here? Why in Guilty Gear, where one of the first things anyone says about it is, "Look at how amazing those graphics are"? There's just no real context to its aesthetic existence and it simply is jarring.

More importantly, it looks like DBFZ where you have to enter a virtual lobby to get anything done. That stinks. On a novel entry like DBFZ it felt okay, but in games that had simple menus like GG it's wrong. They should let you map at least two entries to your interface like Xrd did to speed navigation, since loading the server, the avatars and having to physically move them to the lobby all wastes time that could otherwise be spent fighting.

• Agree
Reactions: Dr. Geronimo

737 MAX Stan Account

kiwifarms.net
So everything I've seen regarding STRIVE seems like it's shit.

View attachment 1236840

Even the music is bad:

I dunno, I'm still cautiously optimistic. I mean, Potemkin's STRIVE theme is literally called "Society" and the lyrics are about him being a "Clown of fate." Incredible.

Takayuki Yagami

kiwifarms.net
Ceroblast has been banned from all major tournaments due to him apparently dropping a n-bomb in the past.
Edit: It’s a troon, never mind. I wonder if this thing, GlIty, and and the one that used to come to my local that described a hormone injection in terms akin to a drug hit can make it a hat trick.

Last edited:

737 MAX Stan Account

kiwifarms.net
So, I was watching a Tekken 7 stream this weekend and one of the matches was between Akuma and Geese Howard. I feel like fighting games are going a little overboard with guest characters, because at this rate, Tekken 10 will look more like M.U.G.E.N. with 3d graphics.

• Agree
Reactions: Dr. Geronimo

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
Ceroblast has been banned from all major tournaments due to him apparently dropping a n-bomb in the past.
Edit: It’s a troon, never mind. I wonder if this thing, GlIty, andthe troon that used to come to my local that described a hormone injection in terms akin to a drug hit can make it a hat trick.
And just before this, LTG was banned from Evolution series because he said transphobic remarks to Ceroblast. Sounds like karma running full circle.

Reactions: Agent Wet

Takayuki Yagami

kiwifarms.net
And just before this, LTG was banned from Evolution series because he said transphobic remarks to Ceroblast. Sounds like karma running full circle.
I’d rather neither of them got banned, considering I’m pretty sure that other tranny straight up molested people and only got temp bans.

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
I’d rather neither of them got banned, considering I’m pretty sure that other tranny straight up molested people and only got temp bans.
Yes, I believe so. I think the only thing they were removed from was some SFV invitational junk.

My take on it is: if you're fucking around online, it's a free country. If you're arguing back at the offender then you have it coming, but if they stalk you for the next few days and attack you without retaliation on your part, a suspension is in order.

It is not the jurisdiction of TOs or even other fighting gamers to act like the Twitter police on events they are not involved in. Spreading awareness that the person is a bad sport/talks salaciously is the only thing that should be done, and that person eventually finds themselves as an outsider without enforcing strict bans.

LTG was already an outsider both for being deservedly curbstomped by Viscant and for being a sore loser. The guy didn't need anything else stacked on him just because he talks shit. Ceroblast got their ban to enforce equal standards, but neither should have been imposed imo.

The precedent of this means we'll probably see bans issued for lighter stuff eventually, like speaking out against 'Core Values' Cuellar, or a favoured/sponsoring brand like Capcom. It stands a big chance of being abused, and enabling tournament blacklisting like this for a thing other than cheating is very bad news for the FGC.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sir Wesley Tailpipe

737 MAX Stan Account

kiwifarms.net
Been playing around with Street Fighter V lately. I really do like what they did with Seth and Gill. For now, I'm still using Birdie to deal with Brazilian Kens

Dr. Geronimo

kiwifarms.net
sfsyvg1afcu41.png

Can't even put out a shitty take without using an opportunity to shit on Infiltration.

Tags
None