Fighting Games General -

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd say Fraud Champ getting cancelled has been long coming. The guy is a massive asshole and in the closet.

I can't find the video but there's one of him casually talking to Tokido or some other Jap player and as soon as the guy turns his back to him Champ says to the camera "I'll beat that fucking faggot later."

He is deep in that closet.

Last edited:

quickthrowaway

kiwifarms.net
I'd say Fraud Champ getting cancelled has been long coming. The guy is a massive asshole and in the closet.

I can't find the video but there's one of him casually talking to Tokido or some other Jap player and as soon as the guy turns his back to him Champ says to the camera "I'll beat that fucking faggot later."

He is deep in that closet.

I believe that's the video you're referring to.

Like the LTG incident, this leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I don't like bans based on accumulated karma. Either he did something bad or he didn't. If FChimp was gonna be banned it should've been a long time ago not over some lame joke on Twitter. Especially with MikeZ's recent comments taken into account. If Mike doesn't get banned for that than neither should Chimp. And a lot like LTG why does it even matter if he's banned or not, he hasn't won any tournaments for many years at this point. It's just empty virtue signaling and it's all fucking gay as hell.

SSF2T Old User

https://www.fightcade.com/id/KF-SSF2TOldUser
kiwifarms.net
I saw this last night and thought it was interesting. I didn't know "Street Fighter X Tekken" was worse than the On-Disc DLC shit-show it's known for.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I saw this last night and thought it was interesting. I didn't know "Street Fighter X Tekken" was worse than the On-Disc DLC shit-show it's known for.

Season 1 was a shitshow where a lot of matches were decided by timeouts. Then you had gems being actual P2W nonsense with BS like gems that auto blocked for scrubs. The season 2 balance patch was too little too late.

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
And a lot like LTG why does it even matter if he's banned or not, he hasn't won any tournaments for many years at this point.
Because he stopped being financially advantageous to them, and with the Marvel vs Capcom series being down the toilet they probably took this as a moment to axe him without experiencing any pushback.

I hated Ryan Ramirez during the MvC3 years, particularly for his brand of trash-talking and highly unsporting behaviour, but even I think this is a disingenuous move. If there was an opportunity for more money to be made out of him, they would defend him until the cows come home. No doubt Sonicfox could easily coast by on making similar offences without anything being levelled against him.

• Agree
Reactions: CheezzyMach

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Because he stopped being financially advantageous to them, and with the Marvel vs Capcom series being down the toilet they probably took this as a moment to axe him without experiencing any pushback.

I hated Ryan Ramirez during the MvC3 years, particularly for his brand of trash-talking and highly unsporting behaviour, but even I think this is a disingenuous move. If there was an opportunity for more money to be made out of him, they would defend him until the cows come home. No doubt Sonicfox could easily coast by on making similar offences without anything being levelled against him.
Pretty much how I see it.

Also you have to be fucking stupid to post that shit right now when everyone's still fired up about it.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nothing ever came from Rising Thunder after Riot bought it, right? I liked that game :(
I really hated it. But it did lead to this:

Like, I get it. Zoners CAN be annoying and they're easy to use. But you adapt instead of whining like a bitch. The Samurai bot could counter Chell pretty hard from what I remember.

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
I really hated it. But it did lead to this:

Like, I get it. Zoners CAN be annoying and they're easy to use. But you adapt instead of whining like a bitch. The Samurai bot could counter Chell pretty hard from what I remember.
I really thought it had potential and back when I was playing changes happened pretty frequently. Never engaged with the community outside of the game but they seemed nice, if matched up with a higher ranked player the first round was usually me getting my ass beat, the second round was them not attacking while doing jump-ins and setups for what they beat me with to give me a chance to figure that one out or showing punishes for what I was trying to do. Learnt a lot from that and for a hot second I ranked up to Diamond and was really, really scared.

Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really thought it had potential and back when I was playing changes happened pretty frequently. Never engaged with the community outside of the game but they seemed nice, if matched up with a higher ranked player the first round was usually me getting my ass beat, the second round was them not attacking while doing jump-ins and setups for what they beat me with to give me a chance to figure that one out or showing punishes for what I was trying to do. Learnt a lot from that and for a hot second I ranked up to Diamond and was really, really scared.
I thought it was too simplistic and one button special move inputs was dumb. It also had shit from SF4 like back dash invincibility and I think a kind of ultra system.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
I thought it was too simplistic and one button special move inputs was dumb. It also had shit from SF4 like back dash invincibility and I think a kind of ultra system.
I really liked the one button specials, specials aren't special anymore anyway, games like Tekken and Street Fighter(iirc) have had the ability to map specials to buttons and it was the first new take on fighting games since forever. I don't remember if Rising Thunder had any characters for the doofuses that likes to play charge characters.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really liked the one button specials, specials aren't special anymore anyway, games like Tekken and Street Fighter(iirc) have had the ability to map specials to buttons and it was the first new take on fighting games since forever. I don't remember if Rising Thunder had any characters for the doofuses that likes to play charge characters.
Get your CvS 2 EO bullshit outta' here, nigga.

Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dotesp...sg-after-inappropriate-comments-resurface/amp

So Christopher Gonzalez (i,e: NYChrisG) got dropped by Evil Geniuses for making an offensive tweet three years ago where he called black female gamers "ratchet" among other things.

To me, it's not surprising he got dropped for it, but it's pretty late to be occurring now, and after they made him move to Seattle.
Was Cuddlecore in EG? She’s apparently the impetus for it. She was apparently on some podcast recently and had a breakdown over him calling her ugly 3 years ago. The only thing I really know about her is that she plays Alisa in Tekken (Not as well as Chanel) and that she’s the token female player the western FGC brings out for invitationals in that game.

Tags
None