Fighting Games General -

I Love Beef

Bell peppers and bee- HEY WAIT A SEC WHERE'S THE B
kiwifarms.net
V is so soul-crushingly garbage, it's an utter disappointment how far the Capcom sycophants go to defend it. The everything-is-free-as-long-as-you-have-no-life-and-love-misery unlock scheme is bullshit, not to mention them steadily gimping currency earnings, on top of releasing new editions when they said they wouldn't and pricing premium costume shit at $5+ a pop. That's saying nothing about the stifled always-offence gameplay and skills you could freely use before that are now tied to V-shit. It was the first Street Fighter I decided I had no interest whatsoever in learning or playing competitively, and I hold only the faintest amount of hope for VI to banish it forever and be a better game (unlikely, but I hope).
Not even Chun Li having a June Lin Milliam outfit demands enough to warrant me to actually get the game, let alone a Playstation Network subscription. Hell, they can't even focus on a story mode, and they go to kill off Gen without even giving him a character slot.
This. This is the big reason why I think I'm done with fighters.
As someone who wanted to make video games, I think this along with other factors in our waking world and my life inspires me to want to take another shot at it again.

In other pastures of life, I always have Toshinden to fall back on.

• Feels
Reactions: BrunoMattei

Sen02

old dog in a new world
kiwifarms.net
Darkstalkers/Vampire: I first played Night Warriors on Saturn, and fell in love with it. Same with Darkstalkers 3 on the PS1. It's too bad Capcom never did anything with this IP after 3, but considering their track record, I'm kinda glad they haven't touched this. I main Pyron, but I've also dabbed into Hsien-Ko & Victor.
i played darkstalkers in arcades as a kid, but i recently rediscovered it and realized how much personality the characters had as well as how fun it was. what a shame, i'd love to dig into the game with other players but i'm sure the people willing to play me on fightcade would rip me a new one

That mean that they’re not going to bother with Disney’s batshit licensing? Good. Shame I can’t fucking stand Mahvel. Anyone play Tekken?
i played for a few months when it was released, then some weird bug happened where i couldn't rematch people and dropped it. i was considering returning, but i imagine i won't be able to find people around my skill level anymore

Reactions: Agent Wet

That Chris Guy

kiwifarms.net
Any Guilty Gear players here?
I don't play it all that often lately, but I would always be down to learn more in REV 2. Funnily enough whilst I generally prefer Ryu over Ken, GG is the exception in that I want to learn how to play Sol Badguy effectively rather than Ky.

More than likely getting Strive when it comes out. Haven't seen anything that's a deal-breaker yet.

737 MAX Stan Account

kiwifarms.net
I don't play it all that often lately, but I would always be down to learn more in REV 2. Funnily enough whilst I generally prefer Ryu over Ken, GG is the exception in that I want to learn how to play Sol Badguy effectively rather than Ky.

More than likely getting Strive when it comes out. Haven't seen anything that's a deal-breaker yet.
I’m waiting for Zato-1 to be confirmed in Strive. Mostly because I’m a dumbass who committed way too much time towards learning how to play a puppet character.

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
Final Round is cancelled. TWT is delayed. Capcom’s yeeted events. I wonder if there’ll be any tournaments this year.
Rick still hasn't cancelled combo breaker and don't I wouldn't be surprised if Evo is betting on this stuff being over by then.

REGENDarySumanai

"Good morning motherfuckers!" - Kiryuu Coco
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When I get a PS4, I will get Granblue Fantasy Versus. Already know who I am going to main.

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
  • DRINK!
Reactions: BrunoMattei

Sen02

old dog in a new world
kiwifarms.net
granblue is out on PC. i'm really torn, on one hand i want to get my hands on a new fighting game, but 60 dollars+ if i want the two DLC chars. jesus christ. anyone here playing it?

Crichax

Repented Before The Emperor
kiwifarms.net
Just bought Umineko: Golden Fantasia and the Skullgirls DLC. Both of those games are friggin' awesome, and they're some of the best fighting games of the decade, from what I've played of them.

• Disagree
Reactions: Sir Wesley Tailpipe
Tags
None