Fighting Games General -

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
Is that why all the fighting game fans online post like niggas?
Keep in mind that the FGC is the oldest esports scene by virtue of its origins in arcades, which in the US were most often in the inner cities. Atlanta in particular has a gigantic Tekken scene and they’re, what, 70% African American?
There’s certainly more black people in the FGC compared to all the other competitive game scenes. Also, the venue for my local is closed due to Chinese Lung. Not sure why I’m surprised.

Reactions: Dr. Geronimo

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Meh I like watching the matches but the main reason I watch Evo is the announcements which they can do digitally.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Keep in mind that the FGC is the oldest esports scene by virtue of its origins in arcades, which in the US were most often in the inner cities. Atlanta in particular has a gigantic Tekken scene and they’re, what, 70% African American?
There’s certainly more black people in the FGC compared to all the other competitive game scenes. Also, the venue for my local is closed due to Chinese Lung. Not sure why I’m surprised.
I'm pretty sure competitive Quake may have predated it as an E-Sport thing. I know that the first Fighting Game tournament happened when SF 2 World Warrior was ported to SNES. It was a Japanese event. That may have been just a one off.

Tism the Return

your favorite 60 years old Mega Man boss
kiwifarms.net
Just bought Umineko: Golden Fantasia and the Skullgirls DLC. Both of those games are friggin' awesome, and they're some of the best fighting games of the decade, from what I've played of them.
People really slept on the Umineko fighting game but it's pretty great.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Samurai Shodown is finally coming to PC, but as an Epic exclusive lmao.
They swore up and down that they wouldn't go with Epic. Fucking cocksucking chink pieces of shit.

The game is DOA now. Fuck em. Fuck Jap game devs being 20 years behind the times with PC ports. That was the only big fighter I was looking forward to and they sell out.

Last edited:

Takayuki Yagami

kiwifarms.net
Well, the latest Tekken 7 patch is out and it’s a shitshow. The Muy Thai boxer is cool but possibly OP (hopefully it isn’t another Kang Leroy situation), Hworang’s pressure got even more ridiculous by virtue of them making one of his lows completely safe, Ling got some minor buffs, Bryan’s hatchet kick got buffed likely to avoid making people point out that Fahkumram has something equivalent that’s just as good (hey Leroy), and the Mishima characters got a set of buffs so batshit that no one knows what’s going on. Electrics went from hard to whiff punish to nearly impossible, and hellsweeps now track near-completely, and Kazuya has near inescapable oki after a wall combo because db4 now beats every single option but getting up and blocking low immediately, and it’s only -12. Can we get Harada back? Murray’s a simp who’s blocking people on twitter for rightly pointing out that this is absolutely insane, especially when a lot of characters need help due to Season 3’s severe power creep and they just had massive fuckup with Leroy.

• Informative
Reactions: BrunoMattei

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
Well, the latest Tekken 7 patch is out and it’s a shitshow. The Muy Thai boxer is cool but possibly OP (hopefully it isn’t another Kang Leroy situation), Hworang’s pressure got even more ridiculous by virtue of them making one of his lows completely safe, Ling got some minor buffs, Bryan’s hatchet kick got buffed likely to avoid making people point out that Fahkumram has something equivalent that’s just as good (hey Leroy), and the Mishima characters got a set of buffs so batshit that no one knows what’s going on. Electrics went from hard to whiff punish to nearly impossible, and hellsweeps now track near-completely, and Kazuya has near inescapable oki after a wall combo because db4 now beats every single option but getting up and blocking low immediately, and it’s only -12. Can we get Harada back? Murray’s a simp who’s blocking people on twitter for rightly pointing out that this is absolutely insane, especially when a lot of characters need help due to Season 3’s severe power creep and they just had massive fuckup with Leroy.
1585975839692.png
Shit like this is why we need a community watch thread, but in true FGC fashion, we're all too lazy to actually do it.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1214766
Shit like this is why we need a community watch thread, but in true FGC fashion, we're all too lazy to actually do it.
Kind of reminds me of Dead by Daylight. Sure, the players can bitch and moan but what other alternatives are there?

Takayuki Yagami

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1214766
What’s he trying to say exactly? Tekken’s been the top fighting game on steam since I started playing. People are worried because they don’t want it to turn into yet another shitshow. I’m actually surprised it’s stayed fairly high considering the game seems to have started crashing and dcing more and more since Season 3 and every patch after. Hell, he plays Law; who’s never had position to complain about anything in 7 besides his rage drive being shit.
Anyone excited for the new Guilty Gear?
I can’t do links for shit, so it’s probably the only 2D game I can do anything in.

Tags
None