Final Fantasy 16 - It's Dragon's Dogma 2

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Looks like the summons are going to be a major focus again. Everything looks drab as hell and in some scenes looks like Game of Thrones.

They're putting a big focus on monster battles where you get to eviscerate shit and launch yourself off of stuff with what looks like a very action oriented system. That Malboro looks like it's re-using animations from 7 Remake because that spitting animation is from when he hits you all with every debuff.

Everyone looks like an NPC in this one, they're dressed way too plainly.

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
Anyone want to place their bets on how long it'll take for this iteration to come out?

All I can say is eh. It is nice that they're moving away from the modern setting. I also like that it seems they want to incorporate some kind of plague in the story which is amusing since this was an idea I talked to my brother about a few years ago, but in the end of the day, we're talking about Square Enix. Why announce this ahead of news for the next installment of the FF7 remake? Why even try to divert fans attention with another solo iteration?

MrTroll

I know you can read MY thoughts, boy
kiwifarms.net
I don't get why the Square Enix wants Final Fantasy to become Kingdom Hearts style action rather than the classic turn based combat.
Turn-based is dead, son. Nobody wants to fuck around with a zillion battle menus these days.

This looks like a mixture of Devil May Cry and Dragon's Dogma instead of Final Fantasy.
Looks more like Witcher 3 to me. The setting too.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
The combat looks neat but I'm not going to hold my breath until we get more information. I do like the setting though; it's nice to see the series return to medieval fantasy.

That being said, if this game's being made at the same time as the rest of the FF VII Remake, then neither of them are going to be released for a looooong time. Square's gotten really bad with long development cycles these days.

shekelshoah666

kiwifarms.net
The combat looks neat but I'm not going to hold my breath until we get more information. I do like the setting though; it's nice to see the series return to medieval fantasy.

That being said, if this game's being made at the same time as the rest of the FF VII Remake, then neither of them are going to be released for a looooong time. Square's gotten really bad with long development cycles these days.
Different teams. This is done by Yoshi P from FFXIV and his team. He has the combat dev for DMC V and Dragons Dogma doing the combat and he also has Matsuno and other older FF/JRPG devs on his team as well. I went back and watched some Dragons Dogma combat and compared it to the stuff in the trailer and it looks similar in many ways.

It's gonna be on PC too so that's another reason to not bother with PS5.

Syaoran Li

The Man In Black
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm eagerly excited for this one, but then again I've probably got shit taste and I actually liked Final Fantasy XV and the VII remake unironically.

Anyone want to place their bets on how long it'll take for this iteration to come out?

All I can say is eh. It is nice that they're moving away from the modern setting. I also like that it seems they want to incorporate some kind of plague in the story which is amusing since this was an idea I talked to my brother about a few years ago, but in the end of the day, we're talking about Square Enix. Why announce this ahead of news for the next installment of the FF7 remake? Why even try to divert fans attention with another solo iteration?
The VII remake was likely in development since the late PS3 era since it got announced fairly early into the PS4 era and now that the big releases of FFXV, KH III, and the VII remake's first big installment are finally complete and released, they're probably focusing it all on XVI and the next part of the VII remake.

Call it a hunch, but I get this weird feeling this could be a stealth remake of the very first Final Fantasy game given there's a quick scene of a recently defeated enemy knight who looks eerily like Lord Garland.

I do think it'd be kind of cool if they immediately followed up the VII remake with a crypto-remake of the first game considering VII was the first major game that broke from the medieval D&D-esque fantasy mold (although VI had some steampunk elements)

shekelshoah666

kiwifarms.net
I'm eagerly excited for this one, but then again I've probably got shit taste and I actually liked Final Fantasy XV and the VII remake unironically.

The VII remake was likely in development since the late PS3 era since it got announced fairly early into the PS4 era and now that the big releases of FFXV, KH III, and the VII remake's first big installment are finally complete and released, they're probably focusing it all on XVI and the next part of the VII remake.

Call it a hunch, but I get this weird feeling this could be a stealth remake of the very first Final Fantasy game given the fact that a phoenix was one of the big bosses in FFI and there's a quick scene of a recently defeated enemy knight who looks eerily like Lord Garland.

I do think it'd be kind of cool if they immediately followed up the VII remake with a crypto-remake of the first game considering VII was the first major game that broke from the medieval D&D-esque fantasy mold (although VI had some steampunk elements)
Not a bad thought tbh. I saw people already bringing up some parallels to Vagrant Story as well. Perhaps this is a sort of retelling of FF1 in the Ivalice setting since they seem to have basically everyone involved in all of the games in that setting on the team.

Tags
None