Final Fantasy 2 is only good FF game -

Hollywood Hulk Hogan

nWo 4 LyFe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The whole LGBT liberal trans changing clothes in FF3 and FF5 is for faggots. Pure and simple.
If you want it to be less gay. FFX-2

But FF2 had the original most fun combat. Only game that tried to be fun.

FF got popular because people got attracted to the style. But the core game is insanely weak, outside FF2 because that one rules.
If you want to be less gay, don't make retarded posts like this

Agent Abe Caprine

Fueled by cigarette butts and paint chips
kiwifarms.net
Cloud looks like a emo in PC or remasters
Only thing different about Cloud in the PC version is the fact that he has a mouth. He looks the same otherwise. Are you confusing the Compilation with the PC port?
XxracgYTs8VSKq3SeMyHJ.jpg
View attachment 2142884

I still haven’t played FF7 or FF8 yet.
FF7 is still worth playing. First played it in 2018 and enjoyed it quite a bit. Don't expect your mind to be blown, of course.

FF8 is a mixed bag. Very easy to grind yourself into a corner because you level grinded instead of spell grinding. Everything levels with you in this game. Think Oblivion's level scaling. Squall's localized personality is hilarious. Love the part where he bluntly tells Quistis to go talk to a wall.

He's very different in the Japanese script. Instead of saying whatever, he's usually apologizing in a bitchy way. Guess the translators thought Americans were incapable of being passive-aggressive. At least the translation gave us that moment where the hotdogs must be protected at all costs.

JamesFargo

Every word I say spells "fuck you" as an anagram.
kiwifarms.net
He's very different in the Japanese script. Instead of saying whatever, he's usually apologizing in a bitchy way.
Not to be a dick, but how is that an improvement?

It's Cloud 2.0 but with none of the clueless charm that made Cloud great. Cloud is a hick playing at being a merc.

Squall is at the top of class, a social retard who is somehow popular.

The only time he exhbits any charm is when he's interrogated. One of the options states that SeeD formed the Gardens to spread peace like flowers all over the world.

Credit where it's due, there's an interesting convo with Mayor Dobe: Dobe could have been depicted as a fool who treats peacekeepers as warmongers, and to an extent he is. But Squall surmises that both he and Dobe are two sides of a coin and that SeeD is neccessary to make Dobe's dream a reality. Now he knows what make the other tick. (And that's reflected in you gaining SeeD EXP.)

JamesFargo

kiwifarms.net
Wasn't there some contention over the localization? In Japanese, Edea and her kind were witches. Which explains the persecution complex.

I do like Edea, and it's unfortunate that she takes a vacation in Disc 3 and doesn't return until the credits. It's one more example of Square over-egging the pudding. When Kefka upstaged the emperor, it was subversive. Then Sephiroth upstages Shinra and then Jenova. Necron upstages Kuja who upstages Garland who upstages Brahne. Yu Yevon is interesting but under-developed. I never figured out who was calling the shots in 12: Cid, Vayne, or Venat. Why is there no villain from 13 in Dissidia? Oh, right. All of 13's villains were resoundingly "meh".

Last edited:

TFT-A9

WHEE!
kiwifarms.net
The whole LGBT liberal trans changing clothes in FF3 and FF5 is for faggots. Pure and simple.
If you want it to be less gay. FFX-2

But FF2 had the original most fun combat. Only game that tried to be fun.

FF got popular because people got attracted to the style. But the core game is insanely weak, outside FF2 because that one rules.
FFX and X2 are about a hundred times gayer than FF3 and FF5.

Sonic30

kiwifarms.net
FFX and X2 are about a hundred times gayer than FF3 and FF5.
If i had the choice between toddlers undressing and dressing up like fairies. Vs Grown up girls having costume parties... yeah i know where i stand there.

Only thing different about Cloud in the PC version is the fact that he has a mouth. He looks the same otherwise. Are you confusing the Compilation with the PC port?
View attachment 2143322

FF7 is still worth playing. First played it in 2018 and enjoyed it quite a bit. Don't expect your mind to be blown, of course.

FF8 is a mixed bag. Very easy to grind yourself into a corner because you level grinded instead of spell grinding. Everything levels with you in this game. Think Oblivion's level scaling. Squall's localized personality is hilarious. Love the part where he bluntly tells Quistis to go talk to a wall.

He's very different in the Japanese script. Instead of saying whatever, he's usually apologizing in a bitchy way. Guess the translators thought Americans were incapable of being passive-aggressive. At least the translation gave us that moment where the hotdogs must be protected at all costs.

Well i made a thread on Qhimm forum

Some differences.
PS1 (Eyebrows and clear white eyeline. Mysterious guy.
PC/Remasters ( Gray, sad : ( )

D0kLW2NW0AEnSx8.jpg

Meny Avatar
PS1: Having a good time
View attachment FFVII_Menu.webp

PC/Remaster: Frown :(
hqdefault.jpg

Also. They somehow screwed up the shadow in PC Remaster one to something worse.
Here is PS1
View attachment ff7-battle-3-scale-800-700.webp

PC/Remaster
maxresdefault.jpg

While the PS4 and such fixed the opera mouths. It still has these issues that makes the game not worth it. So i always stick to PS1 version.

What is weird is FF8 "Original on Steam/PC" did a better job at porting. Only bad thing is Midi sound on some places. But outside that its a good port. Where as FF7 on PC or anything outside PS1 is just not worth it.

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 5
  • FFVII_Menu.webp
    39.2 KB · Views: 3
  • ff7-battle-3-scale-800-700.webp
    40.6 KB · Views: 3

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wish I had some real input but I've never been able to get into JRPGs because I'm terrible at them, out of all the ones I tried (including the GBA ports of FF1 and FF2) the only one I managed to beat was Persona 3 and I haven't even tried one since I tried Wild Arms 3 six years ago.

I'm just not any good at the turn based combat, the element of luck just seems to screw me over or at least the lack of any ability to, ya know, move during combat, I can beat Fallout 1 and 2 just fine but you can, ya know, move, not just have to stand there and get your shit pushed in if a boss decides it wants to push your shit in.

In addition to that these games are just absurd time sinks, JPRGs are made for an audience that plays nothing but JRPGs, not people who want time to play other games.

It's a shame because I love JRPG's characters, stories and overall senses of style, I just suck at the gameplay.

If you are a dude and you unironically play FFX2 hand in your man card you are the big gay
It's ironic because X2 has sexy girls, but you're not wrong, it is also very gay.

Sonic30

kiwifarms.net
I think I just figured out Sonic30's tastes.

View attachment 2143827

No wonder why he likes SA2.
Normal people dont masturbate to Sonic characters. Try to masturbate to LEGO figures. Its impossible. I like the shoes and style of Sonic games, but i aint sexually attracted to it. But Final Fantasy deviant perverts however is another case.

But i think i can see some small soft spot on Final Fantasy 4. If you have badass characters like "Palom and Edge" then it may be type of games you play because you like a certain character even if the core game is insanely weak.

But ProJared said "Terra/Tina" letting her hair free is sign of freedom. Well i call it sign of a gayass boring game. Besides you didnt get a game over screen, so the lame clown didnt win :)

JamesFargo

kiwifarms.net
If you are a dude and you unironically play FFX2 hand in your man card you are the big gay

Funny enough, my main problem is how piss-easy it is. X-2 was marketed to women, who tend to be less-savvy w.r.t D&D and role-playing in general. This is apparent from all the mini-games, and the fact that it's so easy to grind to Lv. 99.

Sometimes it's annoying that this game is so easy: you have all of these fantastic strategies that cannot really be applied because most fiends just roll over and die from melee attacks. That, and you have plain OP Dresspheres like Dark Knight. There's not a lot of good challenge runs, either, since they restrict one's Dresspheres, and the entire gimmick is being able to switch Dresspheres on the fly. You have to eschew grids and accessories (minimized stats) for it to pose a challenge.

Last edited:

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
OP, you are wrong. The best JRPG ever made is Yakuza: Like a Dragon.

I wish I had some real input but I've never been able to get into JRPGs because I'm terrible at them, out of all the ones I tried (including the GBA ports of FF1 and FF2) the only one I managed to beat was Persona 3 and I haven't even tried one since I tried Wild Arms 3 six years ago.

I'm just not any good at the turn based combat, the element of luck just seems to screw me over or at least the lack of any ability to, ya know, move during combat, I can beat Fallout 1 and 2 just fine but you can, ya know, move, not just have to stand there and get your shit pushed in if a boss decides it wants to push your shit in.

In addition to that these games are just absurd time sinks, JPRGs are made for an audience that plays nothing but JRPGs, not people who want time to play other games.

It's a shame because I love JRPG's characters, stories and overall senses of style, I just suck at the gameplay.

It's ironic because X2 has sexy girls, but you're not wrong, it is also very gay.
The trick is to just grind some more. It is always to grind some more. JRPGs are easy across the board, and if you get stuck, go back and grind until you gain a few more levels and then do exactly the same thing you did before and it'll work because you have bigger numbers to throw against the enemy's numbers.

I think you've just overthought them for far too long. With RPGs like Final Fantasy, if you can't beat a boss and feel like you're just terrible at the game, you're in a situation where the boss is effectively impossible at your level. Speedrunners of Final Fantasy games go to extreme lengths to run glitches and manipulate the RNG, because trying to beat the game in a normal fashion wouldn't be much different from someone whose played it before.

If you wanna play through an RPG but skip the grind, you could just start a new game and look up Game Genie cheat codes to start your characters off at, say, level 30.