Final Fantasy XIV- Kiwi Free Company -

Myles the Potatophile

1000s of hours spent not building a life skill
kiwifarms.net
I'm making a free company on Aether- Siren meant for Kiwi users, but its in it's infancy right now with no guild home or buffs. I'll probably make a proper invitation in this thread when its more developed and presentable, but would anybody here be interested?
Are we all spread around? I'm in the same data center but on another server.

Kane Lives

Peace through power
kiwifarms.net
I'm making a free company on Aether- Siren meant for Kiwi users, but its in it's infancy right now with no guild home or buffs. I'll probably make a proper invitation in this thread when its more developed and presentable, but would anybody here be interested?
It's probably easier to just create a common linkshell, unless there's a specific guild action you'd like to do together.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
I'd also say don't advertise it on here directly. Just dm people to set it up.

Sadly, I am on Kujata.

One thing on the SHB Hydaelyn reveals:
We know that the biggest risk to Amaurotines fucking up the Power of Creation is stray thoughts. It's how Hythlodaeus is self-aware of being an illusion in Amaurot.

The other thing to remember about Hydaelyn's creation is that it was made in the wake of Zodiark's existence. This indirectly informs basically everything we know of about Hydaelyn's creation, at least to the point of asking an entire separate creation.

Why does Hydaelyn have a halo and raiment? Because she was made to be an equal and opposite to Zodiark, and therefore gained a mirror appearance.

1594011070812.png

Why does she use Light? Because Zodiark was made of Dark.

Why does she have the power to divide?

Because Zodiark is a composite being. I imagine the thoughts to create Hydaelyn were actually relatively simple - just make her an anti-Zodiark. But someone in the crowd had a single stray thought. Something along the lines of not just wishing to contain Zodiark, but to see Zodiark split into the people that constituted him. That single loose thought was the final nail in the coffin for the Amaurotines.

Overcooked Raccoon

Robotnik is still the bae.
kiwifarms.net
Now, to rub salt into the wound, contrast this with how Shadowbringer handled Chai-Nuzz. Dulia-Chai and Chai-Nuzz is really a wholesome, if corny couple. Right, off the bat, we're introduced to him as just the hapless husband of his fat Karen. But where Lyse stagnated and did fuck-all, this guy actually was shown to step up to a role as a leader, first in building the giant ass golem for you to beat the shit out of Vauthry. Then later in 5.2, where he's elected mayor, and goes off on his lonesome to actually do his job as a leader. At each step of the way, he was shown to struggle with the burden of leadership, and overcoming that struggle as part of his arc. His speech at the end was certainly heartfelt, and props to the VA for giving that earnest voice.

For fuck sake, a nobody NPC whom we spent like 10% of our time with in Shadowbringer felt like he earned his role as a leader more than a main character in Stormblood. That's how bad Lyse is.
I was absolutely fucking floored with how loveable the Chais, especially Chai-Nuzz was throughout the story. i think a big part of why we get so compelled for him is we're seeing him the entire time for his growth. We're playing a big part in it and talking to him, as opposed to Lyse who was just gifted leadership and we only really see her do things near the beginning of the expac (like to 62-63) and then way at the end of 69-70. Because of how disjointed the story is in Stormblood we don't get to see Lyse's growth as a whole and with Zenos eating most of the plot she doesn't come out to much more than a figurehead for Ala Mhigo with no substance. I still honestly feel that Raubhan or Arenvald should have been the main centerpiece for the expansion since those two have shown to have big ties with Ala Mhigo and have much deeper character development/ties to the Garleans. As much as i get Stormblood shit, and that I hate Lyse as a character, I still get the same kind of awe when at the conclusion of SB they all sing the Ala Mhigan Anthem in it's true form, as opposed to the one we hear the Garleans steal. Concepts for that expansion to be great ARE there, but how they handled the characters, and the focus for Doma cost them much more then it should have.

Also in regards to an Aether LS, I'm not on my Aether alt often but I'll take a LS invite if people are throwing them out. Just DM for the IGN whenever we're all good. o/

Last edited:

AmarettoPie

Definitely not poisonous.
kiwifarms.net
Aw dang it, I'm on Crystal.

I really need to find a justification for my subscription beyond my house. I haven't played in almost a year beyond logging in to keep it from demolishing. Usually I craft stuff to fill my house and apartment, but I'm not quite up to Shadowbringers yet so I didn't buy the expansion. I'm a poorfag in-game and prefer getting shit myself.

I'm just so bored of sprinting through dungeons; I like to look around, dang it. And I'm not looking forward to any boss after dealing with Shinryu: That fucker literally hurt my eyes and was way more tedious than fun. I've heard that Shadowbringers gives you the option to run its dungeons with AIs, which fixes one problem, but I friggin' hate trials.

...Except Mog Ex, and I think I'm the only one that likes Mog Ex. So...take that as you will.

• Feels
Reactions: Fek

Fek

What could possibly go wrong?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@Auk Autist Good call on the linkshell. I'm not on that data center, so godspeed to you kiwis that are.

Hydaelyn discussion
The way you frame Hydaelyn compared to Zodiark, I think you may have a case for the former being made as some cheap incomplete imitation of the latter. All (or more likely..almost all) the truly brilliant minds that were willing to do what it'd take to "fix" things got onboard with Team-Zodiark, leaving behind (mostly?) people who could only try and ape what they saw happen as a result. The imitation ended up catastrophically shattering the "star" (<-again with that terminology) and only haphazardly did what Team-Hydaelyn really wanted to get done. In fact, I'd say she didn't do as good of a job as Team-H wanted given Ascians are able to manifest at all and the fact that Hydaelyn (as far as we know?) seems very weakened..possibly a symptom of being a product not built with enough foresight (or enough focus from Team-H, as you mention) to last.

I'm obviously working with an awful lot of "what ifs," but I enjoyed your angle enough to just go with it for teh lulz.

@Dave. Ahahaha, oh man..that's good shit. Fucking "HUGBOX, ASSEMBLE!" the moment any truth eeks its way into their echo chamber. Still laughing about it minutes later..Christ.

Reactions: AmarettoPie

Dave.

Damn wypipo
kiwifarms.net
@Auk Autist Good call on the linkshell. I'm not on that data center, so godspeed to you kiwis that are.

The way you frame Hydaelyn compared to Zodiark, I think you may have a case for the former being made as some cheap incomplete imitation of the latter. All (or more likely..almost all) the truly brilliant minds that were willing to do what it'd take to "fix" things got onboard with Team-Zodiark, leaving behind (mostly?) people who could only try and ape what they saw happen as a result. The imitation ended up catastrophically shattering the "star" (<-again with that terminology) and only haphazardly did what Team-Hydaelyn really wanted to get done. In fact, I'd say she didn't do as good of a job as Team-H wanted given Ascians are able to manifest at all and the fact that Hydaelyn (as far as we know?) seems very weakened..possibly a symptom of being a product not built with enough foresight (or enough focus from Team-H, as you mention) to last.

I'm obviously working with an awful lot of "what ifs," but I enjoyed your angle enough to just go with it for teh lulz.

@Dave. Ahahaha, oh man..that's good shit. Fucking "HUGBOX, ASSEMBLE!" the moment any truth eeks its way into their echo chamber. Still laughing about it minutes later..Christ.
I was really fixated on the "pregnant at 15" part. She had sex as early as 15. Think about that.

• Feels

Fek

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was really fixated on the "pregnant at 15" part. She had sex as early as 15. Think about that.
Happened twice (that I knew of....) when I was in Jr. High at a very small school. I think one was 15, the other 16. Shit's probably more common than anyone wants to think about. :c

• Feels
Reactions: Zeke Von Genbu

Dave.

Damn wypipo
kiwifarms.net
Happened twice (that I knew of....) when I was in Jr. High at a very small school. I think one was 15, the other 16. Shit's probably more common than anyone wants to think about. :c
Wow, that's fucking sad. She even lied about it to her parents.

• Agree

Myles the Potatophile

kiwifarms.net
There was girl in my high school that had three after having unprotected sex with the same guy for sophomore and junior years. I think she ended up overdosing on something after graduation.

• Horrifying
Reactions: Fek

Auk Autist

Birbs create the big Happy
kiwifarms.net
Alrighty Aether Kiwis, react to this post with a :agree: and I'll DM you to grab your in-game name. Its probably gonna take me until tomorrow to shoot out any invites, though.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net

I don't really see it that way, myself. It feels like you're being wayyyyy too harsh on Hydaelyn's creators.

For one thing, the Amaurotines were portrayed as a genuinely wise people. They most likely the selected the sacrifices of Zodiark in such a way that society could continue as best it could, and therefore the costs to each sector were likely even. Zodiark was also made in somewhat of a panicked state to stop the calamity, which means that if there were glaring flaws in making either of them, they were likely first made in Zodiark.

Conversely, Hydaelyn was planned out in secret, and had a relatively longer time to be planned out. Her core concept may be relatively simple, but that didn't mean it wasn't clear.

Also, consider the name of their hideout: Anamnesis Anyder. From a r/ffxiv reddit post:

1594079028373.png

I don't think it's inappropriate to translate this as 'place of reflection' or 'place of memory'. It seems to be where they stored their concept crystals. So it's not like this is a place run by idiots or anything like that.

Fek

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's fair. I was definitely railing on Team-H a bit too hard, though that was part of the fun. Either way, thanks for the good info. :drink:

Tachibana

kiwifarms.net
There's some fun stuff there, but it really isn't that much different from any other mmo playerbase. Just the shitters are suicidal discord trannies, not 14 year olds screaming nigger. Flavor's different, content's the same.
Not quite. Final Fantasy 14 is something else. Sure, you have your usual discord anime pfp mod trannies, but some of them involved in pedo rings, patreon scams, and some strange antics. The drama is amplified from other mmos.

The raiding community, "dating" community and modding community are standouts if you take the time to look.

An FC that invited me is free of the depressed, anxious, and tranny discontents, so I've been enjoying having a small social experience from the game. I used to play MMO games as an escape from the dregs of life, but now that I'm getting back into this I want to have good things come out of the time I put into it. Don't want to have to put up with stupid shit if I don't have to.

Is standing on someone really something that can get you in trouble in this game?
I have no idea how you manage to socialize in this game. Every free company I've been a part of has been a clown car full of trannies and people that care way too much about raiding.

So just to confirm, there were several people in the subreddit discord who were sharing lolicon and shota and discord took issue with this? Then they got huffy because they lost their partnership with discord despite them taking action. From what I've read the head moderator seemed to have taken action against this, but yet discord went through with the de-partnership anyway. While that's a shitty situation to be in and more condemnation for the lolicon posters, I don't see where the subreddit openly defended them. Is there more to this story than what the article's stating?
14 Reddit mods have a reputation for being untrustworthy and Discord hates NSFW channels. Think about it for a second. Why would a subreddit discord for a video game have an official NSFW channel?

Other 14 discord servers like The Balance (the server people go on for job guides) made a big deal out of removing their NSFW channels in an attempt to get partnered. That server is a trash fire of its own. The owner is a tranny who looks like this:

balance-owner.jpg

You can tell he's Hatsune Miku IRL.

Last edited:

Myles the Potatophile

kiwifarms.net
I have no idea how you manage to socialize in this game. Every free company I've been a part of has been a clown car full of trannies and people that care way too much about raiding.
I just watch the vibe I put out there. For me, if I seem like I just want to play video games and not put up with personal shenanigans, the players who are too off-base won't bother me. Birds of a feather flock together as it were. In my case I just got an invite from strangers while out on some quests and over the weeks it turned out to be a fit. If not then I just would've left. There are people I know of who play this game that I would prefer to avoid, and the nice thing about this is that I don't have to put up with people. If I don't want to know them or their business, I don't have to interact with them. I can carve out my own little experience.

Last edited:
Tags
None