Final Fantasy XIV- Kiwi Free Company -

Tachibana

kiwifarms.net
I just watch the vibe I put out there. For me, if I seem like I just want to play video games and not put up with personal shenanigans, the players who are too off-base won't bother me. Birds of a feather flock together as it were. In my case I just got an invite from strangers while out on some quests and over the weeks it turned out to be a fit. If not then I just would've left. There are people I know of who play this game that I would prefer to avoid, and the nice thing about this is that I don't have to put up with people. If I don't want to know them or their business, I don't have to interact with them. I can carve out my own little experience.
I make my own statics for raids and do the content. I cannot be bothered with the community at large, massive free companies and guargantuan discord servers. I'm here to play a video game.

Raiding is getting annoying. Every tier for the past 3 expansions dealing with parse warriors throwing shit at you because they need to do this exact strategy to ensure they get the best score possible on a website called fflogs.

Had a melee DPS player in the first tier of this expansion who wanted to replicate an exact rotation off a spreadsheet from raiding discords. They got passive aggressive with other players, claiming they were getting "cucked" by the group. Group had DPS far above what was needed to clear the raid encounter.

I want to play the video game, not jerk off some autist so he can brag to other discord autists.

On that note, I have no idea what to advertise a static as these days. It seems too many people want to be high performing esports-level raiders.

Last edited:

Myles the Potatophile

1000s of hours spent not building a life skill
kiwifarms.net
I make my own statics for raids and do the content. I cannot be bothered with the community at large, massive free companies and guargantuan discord servers. I'm here to play a video game.

Raiding is getting annoying. Every tier for the past 3 expansions dealing with parse warriors throwing shit at you because they need to do this exact strategy to ensure they get the best score possible on a website called fflogs.

Had a melee DPS player in the first tier of this expansion who wanted to replicate an exact rotation off a spreadsheet from raiding discords. They got passive aggressive with other players, claiming they were getting "cucked" by the group. Group had DPS far above what was needed to clear the raid encounter.

I want to play the video game, not jerk off some autist so he can brag to other discord autists.

On that note, I have no idea what to advertise a static as these days. It seems too many people want to be high performing esports-level raiders.
Sounds like things are going to get worse before they get better.

• Agree
Reactions: AmarettoPie

Zeke Von Genbu

Behold my Blade PANDORIA
kiwifarms.net

Yeah the raid scene is shit and it is nearly impossible to find anyone unless you're either hardcore casual or hardcore esports. I'm what you'd consider a "mid core" player, I ultimately don't have the time, skill, or will to raid for 5+ hours a day every day or whatever to get week 1 clears across an entire tier, but I do like try harding and playing my best even if you'd consider it unnecessary for the encounter. If I join a "mid core" group it is a roulette between some hardcore drop outs who suck too bad to be an esports raider but still think they're hot shit or they're basically casuals who maybe will try to clear the content after we've been wiping for a week straight while the rest of the time just not giving a fuck. I even play an uncommon role because I play tank and instead of melee dps like most parse warriors seem to be. Pugging is even worse because no one actually feels like learning how to play a fight in a learning party and just spew a million excuses about how they can't dodge a circle aoe for an hour straight.

My favorite is when parse warriors try to force a speed run comp in party finder, yet they play sub optimal classes like Samurai back in Stormblood anyway while everyone else needs to play the meta comp.

I ultimately gave up on raiding eventually, it was just not worth this constant back and forth of getting people who care too little or care too much in the wrong spots that you don't accomplish anything anyway. Kind of sad because what little raiding 14 has is pretty decent fun when your group has an actual focus.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
It seems too many people want to be high performing esports-level raiders.
I believe the technical term is 'high-functioning'.

I've found doing last-tier content is pretty good. People are a little bit more overheated, and they're generally better at the game.

It may help that I'm on the Japanese servers.

Zeke Von Genbu

Behold my Blade PANDORIA
kiwifarms.net

I've found doing last-tier content is pretty good. People are a little bit more overheated, and they're generally better at the game.

Japanese servers to my knowledge are more likely to work with you as long as you're not purposefully disruptive and uncooperative, this is why JP clear rates have been higher on average even if western countries normally win the world first race. The worst that happens is people talk shit behind your back or you somehow end up on the blocklist on 2ch which if that were true you wouldn't be in a raid group at all. Though if you're on Tonberry, the "official" Australian server, then I don't know. American servers are full of either esports drop outs who try hard way too much or full on casuals who just don't give much of a fuck.

Tachibana

kiwifarms.net
Sounds like things are going to get worse before they get better.
I wouldn't say that. It is a bit tiring running a raid group every tier though, and the kind of people you run into are a mixed bag. Got plenty stories of gross or socially awkward raid members.

Some people don't understand that nobody wants to hear them bitch about their parse every pull, or that nobody wants to hear about their hung futanari lalafell.

Yeah the raid scene is shit and it is nearly impossible to find anyone unless you're either hardcore casual or hardcore esports. I'm what you'd consider a "mid core" player, I ultimately don't have the time, skill, or will to raid for 5+ hours a day every day or whatever to get week 1 clears across an entire tier, but I do like try harding and playing my best even if you'd consider it unnecessary for the encounter. If I join a "mid core" group it is a roulette between some hardcore drop outs who suck too bad to be an esports raider but still think they're hot shit or they're basically casuals who maybe will try to clear the content after we've been wiping for a week straight while the rest of the time just not giving a fuck. I even play an uncommon role because I play tank and instead of melee dps like most parse warriors seem to be. Pugging is even worse because no one actually feels like learning how to play a fight in a learning party and just spew a million excuses about how they can't dodge a circle aoe for an hour straight.

My favorite is when parse warriors try to force a speed run comp in party finder, yet they play sub optimal classes like Samurai back in Stormblood anyway while everyone else needs to play the meta comp.

I ultimately gave up on raiding eventually, it was just not worth this constant back and forth of getting people who care too little or care too much in the wrong spots that you don't accomplish anything anyway. Kind of sad because what little raiding 14 has is pretty decent fun when your group has an actual focus.
Raiding is fun, but you need to have the right people. The mentality from players who want to clear content asap don't help though.

I hear things are better over there.

Fcret

Ravioli Ravioli
kiwifarms.net

The parselords are getting to be insufferable. It took our static an hour to clear E5S the other day because the samurai insisted on completely changing up our strategy so they could get more uptime in hopes of getting a blue parse. And then another person complained about my countdown being too short (15 sec instead of 30) for them to do their most optimized opener. This is a fight we're supposed to have on farm. For context, we specifically set aside Tuesdays as the day where we meet for half an hour to an hour so we can quickly knock out the fights we've already cleared in order to focus on progging new stuff on our actual raid days. The fact that these faggy parsetrannies demand that we upend everything so they can have more imaginary points on a site that less than 10% of the playerbase even uses or cares about is frustrating to say the least.
Require members be over the age of 25 and advertise it as being for 'working adults.' The no-life NEETs who dream of twitchbux and their zoomer enablers probably will avoid you. You don't actually have to enforce these requirements, but putting them down in the description will filter out a lot of undesirables.

Tachibana

kiwifarms.net
im on the aether data center been playing for about 3 years now.
How have things been for you?

The parselords are getting to be insufferable. It took our static an hour to clear E5S the other day because the samurai insisted on completely changing up our strategy so they could get more uptime in hopes of getting a blue parse. And then another person complained about my countdown being too short (15 sec instead of 30) for them to do their most optimized opener. This is a fight we're supposed to have on farm. For context, we specifically set aside Tuesdays as the day where we meet for half an hour to an hour so we can quickly knock out the fights we've already cleared in order to focus on progging new stuff on our actual raid days. The fact that these faggy parsetrannies demand that we upend everything so they can have more imaginary points on a site that less than 10% of the playerbase even uses or cares about is frustrating to say the least.

Require members be over the age of 25 and advertise it as being for 'working adults.' The no-life NEETs who dream of twitchbux and their zoomer enablers probably will avoid you. You don't actually have to enforce these requirements, but putting them down in the description will filter out a lot of undesirables.
If you have trouble getting blue without your group catering to you, you either lack gear or/and need to get better at the game. This parse faggotry is dreadful especially when players who aren't good enough want you to cater to them.

A stipulation requiring people to be working adults is probably going to make a bunch of these NEETs scream and cry on their discords. That could be entertaining.

Fcret

Ravioli Ravioli
kiwifarms.net
If you have trouble getting blue without your group catering to you, you either lack gear or/and need to get better at the game. This parse faggotry is dreadful especially when players who aren't good enough want you to cater to them.
The worst part is that he almost has the gear. We've been funneling gear to him during prog so we can beat dps checks and he's still complaining about not being able to do enough damage. He's so fed up, it seems, that he's announced that he's leaving the static come 5.3 after we've invested in his gearing. I'd be more upset if I wasn't going to be able to finish my BiS (sans weapon obv) just by hopping on a hunt train in a few weeks.

On the plus side, we're replacing him with a girl, and if there's one thing I've learned in all my years playing MMOs, it's that girls (real ones, not MTFs) don't give a shit about parses.

Dopey Cunt

Death by SNU SNU.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't do hardcore raiding in FF14. I found that it's more stress than it's worth and the reward at the end isn't enough for me to endure sacrificing what little free time I had. I didn't want to risk souring my enjoyment of the game. I just pug most things that I need or want to do. It's more fun I feel even if it can be frustrating a lot of times. I find that I feel much more accomplished when I clear an extreme for the first time in a pug group or when we spend hours together getting to know the fight. Everyone is nice, helpful and patient. It speaks a lot when a group of strangers get together and work toward a common goal. I remember those times much more frequently and fondly.

The game is much more enjoyable when I don't have to worry about people constantly judging my parse or damage output. As long as it's not complete dogshit, I'm fine. It's not hard to do decent numbers.

The only real downside to pugging everything is that I can only go as far as what's available. I tried really hard to learn Hades EX but not enough people were doing it consistently. Some days I'd get into tons of parties to practice and spend hours learning and other days, no one would bite at all. I settled with just waiting until the mount drop rate went up and become buyable with totems to try again since I knew it would be a patch day and I knew a lot of people would go straight to either farm it or practice to clear so that they can join the other farm parties.

I don't have friends that play the game so for now unfortunately since I've done as much endgame content as I could, I've taken a break until the next patch releases, only occasionally going back to craft nice things for my buddies in discord.

• Agree
Reactions: Tachibana

Shqueefa

Stanky Queen
kiwifarms.net
Not quite. Final Fantasy 14 is something else. Sure, you have your usual discord anime pfp mod trannies, but some of them involved in pedo rings, patreon scams, and some strange antics. The drama is amplified from other mmos.

The raiding community, "dating" community and modding community are standouts if you take the time to look.

I have no idea how you manage to socialize in this game. Every free company I've been a part of has been a clown car full of trannies and people that care way too much about raiding.

14 Reddit mods have a reputation for being untrustworthy and Discord hates NSFW channels. Think about it for a second. Why would a subreddit discord for a video game have an official NSFW channel?

Other 14 discord servers like The Balance (the server people go on for job guides) made a big deal out of removing their NSFW channels in an attempt to get partnered. That server is a trash fire of its own. The owner is a tranny who looks like this:

View attachment 1447766
You can tell he's Hatsune Miku IRL.
I have yet to meet a trans person in FFXIV that hasn't used people for clears, abusive or manipulative.

• Horrifying
Reactions: Tachibana

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been playing nearly a year now. Man does time fly fast. I had my reservations about it because MMOs are a huge time sink and I tend to avoid subscription games because I don't want to think of a game as another bill to pay but this game was the first to change my mind.
I'm a little disappointed in how limiting the character creation is, facial hair is locked to specific faces and for some reason Midlanders can't be bald.

Powergamers are the worst.

• Agree

Myles the Potatophile

1000s of hours spent not building a life skill
kiwifarms.net
I've been coming along pretty well and enjoying it since I got back into it. Did have some sped get nasty about me not charging in fast enough to agro every fucking room one after another. The overall the game isn't as merciless as other MMOs I've played in the past and it always gives me something to do.

Any stories of griefing uppity raiders?

BusyMaribo

Ara Ara...
kiwifarms.net
I've been coming along pretty well and enjoying it since I got back into it. Did have some sped get nasty about me not charging in fast enough to agro every fucking room one after another. The overall the game isn't as merciless as other MMOs I've played in the past and it always gives me something to do.

Any stories of griefing uppity raiders?
Not really as it usually results in an account suspension on your end, the community can be rather pc border lining on sjw at times.

Edit: to explain, SE gms dont fuck around when it comes to reports, they go as far as checking logs to see what happens and punish those in violation, trolling in raids or being rude in any way can result in a temporary suspension of your account and permanent suspension if you continue to be a problem. being "rude" in any manner while in dungeon or raid, or in general chat can get you banned if someone reports you.
Because of this, the "friendly" community is really everyone being on their P's and Q's to not upset anyone.

SE gms even go as far as abducting you and placing you in a prison where they talk down to you about what you did wrong.

And it is that reason that you find a group of people you can fuck around with who wont get mad when you do dumb shit. because anythign with randoms can be a bad time.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Friendly_AI

Fagnacious D

and The Dick of Destiny
kiwifarms.net
Not really as it usually results in an account suspension on your end, the community can be rather pc border lining on sjw at times.

Edit: to explain, SE gms dont fuck around when it comes to reports, they go as far as checking logs to see what happens and punish those in violation, trolling in raids or being rude in any way can result in a temporary suspension of your account and permanent suspension if you continue to be a problem. being "rude" in any manner while in dungeon or raid, or in general chat can get you banned if someone reports you.
Because of this, the "friendly" community is really everyone being on their P's and Q's to not upset anyone.

SE gms even go as far as abducting you and placing you in a prison where they talk down to you about what you did wrong.

And it is that reason that you find a group of people you can fuck around with who wont get mad when you do dumb shit. because anythign with randoms can be a bad time.
Using in game chat for anything seems like an extremely high risk. Why not just resort to out of game chat (text and voice) for everything?

Tags
None