Final Fantasy XIV- Kiwi Free Company -

корона-тян

kiwifarms.net
If I join a "mid core" group it is a roulette between some hardcore drop outs who suck too bad to be an esports raider but still think they're hot shit or they're basically casuals who maybe will try to clear the content after we've been wiping for a week straight while the rest of the time just not giving a fuck.
Mid-core in this game is an utter misnomer because every single static I've seen recruiting for midcore requires 3 nights a week at 3-4 hours a night. When Shadowbringers was coming out, there was a bunch of people recruiting for "casual" statics that would refuse anybody who didn't want to go six-seven nights a week, which can fuck right off.

Actual casual statics are the true hardcore grinders of this game. If you can stick through an entire raid season with your tiny group of 3-4 competent players that don't give a fuck, and the rest filled out with people who are just happy to be there, then you're fucking golden. You'll see the content, and you'll clear through sheer tenacity. Requires low-drama personalities though that don't, say, grind learning parties in their off-time and then get pissed when their regular group just wants to bang their heads against a mechanic and chill.

On the flip side, the biggest problem with people that play this game hardcore - is the lack of flexibility. The idiot savant group I raid with can pull off some eye-popping recoveries when people fuck up because we're used to people doing dumb shit in progression. Hardcore players tend to get stuck on autopilot very easily and if shit isn't done exactly as they expect it, they can't really function.

Zeke Von Genbu

Behold my Blade PANDORIA
kiwifarms.net
Mid-core in this game is an utter misnomer because every single static I've seen recruiting for midcore requires 3 nights a week at 3-4 hours a night. When Shadowbringers was coming out, there was a bunch of people recruiting for "casual" statics that would refuse anybody who didn't want to go six-seven nights a week, which can fuck right off.

Actual casual statics are the true hardcore grinders of this game. If you can stick through an entire raid season with your tiny group of 3-4 competent players that don't give a fuck, and the rest filled out with people who are just happy to be there, then you're fucking golden. You'll see the content, and you'll clear through sheer tenacity. Requires low-drama personalities though that don't, say, grind learning parties in their off-time and then get pissed when their regular group just wants to bang their heads against a mechanic and chill.

On the flip side, the biggest problem with people that play this game hardcore - is the lack of flexibility. The idiot savant group I raid with can pull off some eye-popping recoveries when people fuck up because we're used to people doing dumb shit in progression. Hardcore players tend to get stuck on autopilot very easily and if shit isn't done exactly as they expect it, they can't really function.
I have a very simple belief when it comes to raiding, when I am raiding I try my absolute best to play well so I am not intentionally wasting people's time. It could be 2 hours, 4 hours, or 10 hours I try my best because that is just the type of player I am and is my personal philosophy regarding raid groups. That to me is what mid-core effectively is, it is people who genuinely try to play well (even arguably at a hardcore level) within their limited time and just don't have the schedule for an actual hardcore group or don't want one due to wanting to do other things with their free time. So to me 3 nights for 3 or so hours a night is about good enough for me, considering more hardcore groups can go 8+ hours a day. I did that for multiple tiers with a group I wasn't super fond of and the time commitment wasn't that bad to be honest. It isn't fun to everyone, but that is roughly my speed.

Casual is just not my speed personally, I don't necessarily need to clear stuff week 1 or whatever but I also don't like being stuck purely due to people not wanting to try for weeks straight. It is especially annoying when it is your healers that have completely different play styles, because if one tryhards and the other doesn't it gets all kinds of confusing and frustrating for everyone. To me I could have just played another video game instead if I knew going into my raid time I'd just be doing absolutely nothing.

I usually don't get along with casuals in a raiding context because it makes progression frustrating to me, mistakes happen and all, but most casuals I've ever talked with are the "you don't pay my sub" type who just deflect blame and don't really care if they're fucking up. I don't particularly care what casuals do at any other point, but when I have to raid with them it just becomes frustrating more often then not. So if I'm just going to be frustrated then what is the point?

As for hardcore players. It depends on the type of hardcore their are "hardcores" who are turbo autists that know how to play their class to the most minor detail and that is about it; they keep getting kicked from raid groups for being autists with shitty social skills who are only kept around for their skills and eventually cave their group after 1 or 2 tiers at best. They're good at minmaxing speed clears, but actual prog is comparatively speaking a shitshow especially when Ultimate Coil was a thing I remember a speed run group tried world prog and it turned to absolute shit and frustrated everyone.

On the other end you have the more organized sort of hardcore who WF races who in my experience are generally better about handling anything because they actually have the experience to learn the fights from literally nothing in a intense enough environment like going for world first, so they can handle things because they actually had to make all the strats from scratch and communicate within that environment where every run matters.

Friendly_AI

kiwifarms.net
I have a very simple belief when it comes to raiding, when I am raiding I try my absolute best to play well so I am not intentionally wasting people's time. It could be 2 hours, 4 hours, or 10 hours I try my best because that is just the type of player I am and is my personal philosophy regarding raid groups. That to me is what mid-core effectively is, it is people who genuinely try to play well (even arguably at a hardcore level) within their limited time and just don't have the schedule for an actual hardcore group or don't want one due to wanting to do other things with their free time. So to me 3 nights for 3 or so hours a night is about good enough for me, considering more hardcore groups can go 8+ hours a day. I did that for multiple tiers with a group I wasn't super fond of and the time commitment wasn't that bad to be honest. It isn't fun to everyone, but that is roughly my speed.

Casual is just not my speed personally, I don't necessarily need to clear stuff week 1 or whatever but I also don't like being stuck purely due to people not wanting to try for weeks straight. It is especially annoying when it is your healers that have completely different play styles, because if one tryhards and the other doesn't it gets all kinds of confusing and frustrating for everyone. To me I could have just played another video game instead if I knew going into my raid time I'd just be doing absolutely nothing.

I usually don't get along with casuals in a raiding context because it makes progression frustrating to me, mistakes happen and all, but most casuals I've ever talked with are the "you don't pay my sub" type who just deflect blame and don't really care if they're fucking up. I don't particularly care what casuals do at any other point, but when I have to raid with them it just becomes frustrating more often then not. So if I'm just going to be frustrated then what is the point?

As for hardcore players. It depends on the type of hardcore their are "hardcores" who are turbo autists that know how to play their class to the most minor detail and that is about it; they keep getting kicked from raid groups for being autists with shitty social skills who are only kept around for their skills and eventually cave their group after 1 or 2 tiers at best. They're good at minmaxing speed clears, but actual prog is comparatively speaking a shitshow especially when Ultimate Coil was a thing I remember a speed run group tried world prog and it turned to absolute shit and frustrated everyone.

On the other end you have the more organized sort of hardcore who WF races who in my experience are generally better about handling anything because they actually have the experience to learn the fights from literally nothing in a intense enough environment like going for world first, so they can handle things because they actually had to make all the strats from scratch and communicate within that environment where every run matters.
Sounds like you try a little bit too hard for your own good. Everyone has their style, but when frustration from your hobby is more than fun and joy you can get, maybe it's time to change something... Hope you'll find your group some day.

I am a complete opposite type of FFXIV player, who mostly casually plays just for the story and cute animu style (and not raiding at all, if possible), but having experienced that frustration with other games, can relate.

Zeke Von Genbu

Behold my Blade PANDORIA
kiwifarms.net
Sounds like you try a little bit too hard for your own good. Everyone has their style, but when frustration from your hobby is more than fun and joy you can get, maybe it's time to change something... Hope you'll find your group some day.

I am a complete opposite type of FFXIV player, who mostly casually plays just for the story and cute animu style (and not raiding at all, if possible), but having experienced that frustration with other games, can relate.
I just play casually for the story these days because I still enjoy the story and have followed the lore to the best of my ability since late ARR. I still like the game all in all and when I do play I still try hard just not in as frustrating of an environment as I used to. I just don't raid and use all the energy I spent trying to raid to play other games instead.

Reactions: Friendly_AI

Dopey Cunt

Death by SNU SNU.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I can switch on and off I guess. Mostly I am a casual player, but if there is content that I really want to clear, I'll get on it right away. Usually I can be patient but since I'm a turbosped, if I want something like say...a mount that the content drops, I will practice, practice, practice until I know the fight well and then get consistent clears. My most recent example is Ruby Weapon Extreme. I like to record those and put them on youtube so I can look back at it fondly.

It's not a self plug I swear.

Promestein

VITAMIN WATER
kiwifarms.net
SE gms even go as far as abducting you and placing you in a prison where they talk down to you about what you did wrong.
Yeah I got suspended last year for telling the healer in a pug to stop sucking her BF dick and do her job (edit: wrong ban, this one was because I kept cleaving a NM Titan party for being speds)
Also, on what server do you lads play? I'm on Crystal at the moment because I forgot to migrate during the DC split and I'm too cheap to pay for a transfer.

Regarding the parses, I made my profile private because I don't feel like arguing with people.
It's ok if you dont want me in your party because you think I'm a bad tank. Be my guest, wither in PF for another 30 minutes waiting for the perfect tank while I do my weeklies with more sane people.

It's not like I've cleared every tier and ultimate for the past 5 years and I just dont want fags digging too much into my profile.

ffxiv_dx11 2020-03-12 23-12-41.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Myles the Potatophile

1000s of hours spent not building a life skill
kiwifarms.net
As I'm continuing into this return trek I'm starting to see they added gambling and Animal Crossing New Horizon expansion packs as well. From what other people have explained to me, the game flows like this for the average person: start game -> play core game -> endgame -> play doll house with friends

I like fishing. I can just sit here and read a book until I have to reel a catch in. 2comfy.

Tachibana

kiwifarms.net

Midcore doesn't mean shit. Every static says they're midcore. Statics tend to do 3 nights a week because they want to clear the content soon so they can take one night to do their weeklies. It also has to do with people being flaky, finding replacements is hard so you want to be done with the content ASAP.

I've had passive aggressive players who aren't happy with 2-3 nights a week who will go and grind learning parties and then bring their bad attitude to raid. They'll usually put pressure on other players to "spend more time playing the game". This gets difficult because sometimes you'll get 1-2 of these players who treat the game like it's their job, and it's a tragedy if they don't do the "optimal strategy" to get their logs as high as possible. This is compounded by them hanging out on discord servers where they're told day in day out that if they don't have +95 percentile on fflogs, they're garbage and worthless human beings because 14 is an "easy game". This goes for what jobs other people play too, if you don't play the meta jobs, you're a "detriment" and "actively griefing the party".

Just get people who are chill and play at a decent level, and you'll do fine.

Yeah I got suspended last year for telling the healer in a pug to stop sucking her BF dick and do her job (edit: wrong ban, this one was because I kept cleaving a NM Titan party for being speds)
Also, on what server do you lads play? I'm on Crystal at the moment because I forgot to migrate during the DC split and I'm too cheap to pay for a transfer.

Regarding the parses, I made my profile private because I don't feel like arguing with people.
It's ok if you dont want me in your party because you think I'm a bad tank. Be my guest, wither in PF for another 30 minutes waiting for the perfect tank while I do my weeklies with more sane people.

It's not like I've cleared every tier and ultimate for the past 5 years and I just dont want fags digging too much into my profile.

View attachment 1467244
I play on Aether. Since this is the farms, I don't want to be overly specific.

As for parses, unless you parse gray, it's not a good idea to hide them. When a player joins my extreme/savage pugs and they have their logs private, unless I know them, it's an instant kick, same if they consistently parse low gray. There are way too many entitled players on NA party finder that either expect you to carry, or play with their feet, or both.

Ultimately that's your decision, I don't think it's as big a deal on Crystal, the raid community there is way smaller.

Your miqote glamour is cute!

As I'm continuing into this return trek I'm starting to see they added gambling and Animal Crossing New Horizon expansion packs as well. From what other people have explained to me, the game flows like this for the average person: start game -> play core game -> endgame -> play doll house with friends

I like fishing. I can just sit here and read a book until I have to reel a catch in. 2comfy.
Fishing is comfy.

Tachibana

kiwifarms.net
Mods! ban these people! nothing good ever comes from something like this! when SA did this they created the biggest Cancer in gaming.
I posted in this thread because I wanted to post about the game and didn't want to create another thread. I've no interests in a kiwifarms guild in the game. I concur, it's a horrible idea.

Disc

A Dubious Disc indeed.
kiwifarms.net
New patch will make trial version extend to all of Heavensward with a level 60 cap and I mean all of HW. That's a pretty bold move.
Generally speaking, MMO's don't want people to have to make more than 2 purchases to get up to speed. It's harder to get people to invest, after all.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: AmarettoPie

Zeke Von Genbu

Behold my Blade PANDORIA
kiwifarms.net
The community is bored and thus needs to create some raid drama with some notable 14 streamer throwing some chips in.

View attachment 1477015
I will let you know, I'm a big leader of a big raiding guild and I can use big words. The accused has called people "jp fucks" and "stupid fookin cunts", you're not allowed to do that.
In one bit further down Miunih does become a big asshole and stirs up drama in his FC because he wants to be WF and he demands anyone in his teams that doesn't become WF just be thrown out. This person then tells Miunih to lead and he just goes "I don't want to lead I already told you this". He comes off as the type of person who just wants things to happen and not really fix or improve anything. "I don't want to lead, thats work, everyone else do it while I sit here and bitch.".

Their is some missing context here, as I don't fully understand Miunih's problem besides not getting world first which could have happened for many reasons beyond "bad players", but Miunih wanting to just throw people out because they aren't up to whatever standard he wants I could see as infuriating for the FC leader.

Why this is coming up NOW, I have no idea, I know Miunih has been a passive aggressive shit on twitter about FFXIV for years because he hates how healing works and wants to just play White Mage so maybe he finally quit the game so now is the time to burn bridges with him.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Tachibana

Dopey Cunt

Death by SNU SNU.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
TBF, if someone is being that toxic you shouldn't ever try to "appease" them because you're just enabling that behavior and when it reaches a boiling point you have no one to blame for it but yourself for allowing it to snowball as bad as it did.

The proper way to handle a toxic player is to toss them out on their rear end and not sacrifice your dignity because you want WF in an MMO. If you're an FC leader and you're letting a toxic cumstain boss you around and bully the people in your FC, you're a failure as a leader imho. No one wants to play or work with people who enable this kind of behavior.

Just my 2 cents.

Tachibana

kiwifarms.net
In one bit further down Miunih does become a big asshole and stirs up drama in his FC because he wants to be WF and he demands anyone in his teams that doesn't become WF just be thrown out. This person then tells Miunih to lead and he just goes "I don't want to lead I already told you this". He comes off as the type of person who just wants things to happen and not really fix or improve anything. "I don't want to lead, thats work, everyone else do it while I sit here and bitch.".

Their is some missing context here, as I don't fully understand Miunih's problem besides not getting world first which could have happened for many reasons beyond "bad players", but Miunih wanting to just throw people out because they aren't up to whatever standard he wants I could see as infuriating for the FC leader.

Why this is coming up NOW, I have no idea, I know Miunih has been a passive aggressive shit on twitter about FFXIV for years because he hates how healing works and wants to just play White Mage so maybe he finally quit the game so now is the time to burn bridges with him.
There's always missing context. Hardcore raiders tend to be toxic and act like little bitches behind the curtain. Elysium for the longest time tried to maintain its status as an elite raiding guild, this alone led to a lot of drama as to who was "good enough" to be in Elysium, especially since the guild was a hotbed of people inviting personal friends.

Keep in mind many of them are passive aggressive, and are too lazy to lead. That's a community-wide phenomenon. "Anxiety" is often brought up unironically in this game as a reason for people not doing something.

And I swear none of these fuckers like the class they play.

I just thought the amount of stuff brought up that is incredibly mild is funny. This guy thinks he can get someone cancelled because someone said "jp fucks".

TBF, if someone is being that toxic you shouldn't ever try to "appease" them because you're just enabling that behavior and when it reaches a boiling point you have no one to blame for it but yourself for allowing it to snowball as bad as it did.

The proper way to handle a toxic player is to toss them out on their rear end and not sacrifice your dignity because you want WF in an MMO. If you're an FC leader and you're letting a toxic cumstain boss you around and bully the people in your FC, you're a failure as a leader imho. No one wants to play or work with people who enable this kind of behavior.

Just my 2 cents.
Elysium hasn't been able to do much for years except provide the community with drama. The group that got World First for The Epic of Alexander used a bunch of 3rd party tools to do so and got angsty at people for linking them to Elysium as some of them used to be in it. Of course, a bunch of drama resulted from them using 3rd party tools as "cheating" and their win not being legit.

Sad thing is, barely anyone cares about WF in 14, but you got a massive group of troons/incels who treat the game like a job, because it gives them a feeling of progression somewhere in their lives.

Though there is something to be said about behavior and running a raid group. If you don't have a spine and let this sort of people bully people around to get what they want, your raid group will fall apart.

Tags
None