Fine Art that You Like - show off your good taste

PorcupineTree

kiwifarms.net
I have yet to see a thread on this so I'm making one.

Andy Goldsworthy is pretty cool. He goes out and rearranges things in nature. Results are impressive despite the fact that he doesn't use any materials besides what's in front of him.

goldsworthy-sycamore.jpg
land-art-andy-goldsworthy-13.jpg
andy-goldsworthy-ice-and-snow-sculptures-18-copie.png

These chicken wire animal sculptures by Kendra Haste

9b82fe607d9996509f3cab186c6638fc.jpg
c8d51007cc4918cf2fdcda2a8207485d.jpg

Also these clay sculptures by Beth Cavener
01_Rush_2009_bethcavener.jpg

12749595194_da3bae9be6_b.jpg
97735.jpg

9DA0E85F-760B-4FB7-B3CF-DC953EF94C25.jpeg

Last edited:

A Useless Fish

A Fish with literally no value, whatsoever.
kiwifarms.net
I have always had a weakness for paintings by the Old Masters. Whenever I visit a major city, its big art galleries are always on my list to visit. A few of the favourites I have seen are below.

The Fall of Phaeton by Rubens

The Isle of the Dead by Arnold Böcklin

The Tower of Babel by Pieter Bruegel the Elder

There are hundreds of others, but these three are among my favourites.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This one I like more due to the context

Basically the story goes that in the 17th century, the Ottamans had been having a lot of trouble with Cossacks in the Ukraine area, and after being defeated by them once again the Turkish Sultan sent a letter filled with the usual high and mighty sounding titles in order to cow the primitive and tiny Cossacks into surrender

Sultan Mehmed IV to the Zaporozhian Cossacks:

As the Sultan; son of Muhammad; brother of the sun and moon; grandson and viceroy of God; ruler of the kingdoms of Macedonia, Babylon, Jerusalem, Upper and Lower Egypt; emperor of emperors; sovereign of sovereigns; extraordinary knight, never defeated; steadfast guardian of the tomb of Jesus Christ; trustee chosen by God Himself; the hope and comfort of Muslims; confounder and great defender of Christians - I command you, the Zaporogian Cossacks, to submit to me voluntarily and without any resistance, and to desist from troubling me with your attacks.

--Turkish Sultan Mehmed IV
To which (after presumably learning how to read and write) the Cossacks group session'ed a reply that was sent to the Sultan, which read...
Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan!

O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are thou, that canst not slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil shits, and your army eats. Thou shalt not, thou son of a whore, make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck thy mother.

Thou Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw thine own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

- Koshovyi otaman Ivan Sirko, with the whole Zaporozhian Host.
All of which rhymed perfectly in the Cossack language.

The painting is that of the booze induced public shitposting event that led to the creation of the letter.

J A N D E K

i am One of the Famous International GoodBOYS
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does Pop Art count as fine art? Because I'd have a lot more to share if that's the case
It should. I’m a fan of David Hockney, Jasper Johns, Keith Haring, Jean-Michel Basquiat, and Andy Warhol.

In the way of more classically considered fine art, I’ve always loved Caravaggio, Jacques Louis David, and Francis Bacon (a painting from each in respective order).
34052FAC-1B8F-49B7-B3BF-E139D416C1B9.jpeg
ABAF4BE2-AB96-4D4E-9AEB-25C98B81225B.jpeg
E030BF5B-47D8-4284-A6CF-8F945BF873F5.jpeg

Last edited:

Senor Cardgage Mortgage

Oh... I should eat a pony.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah man go for it.
Alright, then here's some work from Takashi Murakami, aka the guy who made the cover to Kanye West's Graduation album and that collab Kids See Ghosts' cover. It has this weird "almost anime but not quite" look to it with most of his work. I'd buy his art but it costs thousands of dollars.

Gonna spoiler a few of these due to size

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Easily one of my favorites is Edward Hopper's Nighthawks...

Actually have a print of this hanging in my work office. Just kinda enjoy the solemness and emptiness to the image, it embodies that feeling when one day has ended and the next one has yet to begin, that kind of limbo where everything seems just a bit more clearer and yet the overwhelming unknown belittles any comprehension and makes you appreciate what little is left...... wooo that sounded pretentious as fuck.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino